What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you reboot the router after toggling QoS on/off? :)

@L&LD
Did you reboot the router after toggling QoS on/off? :)

Most definitely yes - I did reboot the router (and QoS was enabled before that :). )

Dirty flash on RT-AC5300. No problems.
Update - not sure if has anything to do with this release but in a crowded 2.4 G neighbourhood and I am running 4 Nest cameras, the auto channel does not seem to choose the best option. Manually choosing 2.4 channel for now. Also had very slow speed on one of the 5 G networks- reboot fixed this. Both of these may have nothing to do with this release.

Last edited:
QoS requires hardware acceleration to be disabled. You're not running into any sort of bug or problem. When you enable QoS the OS automatically disables the hardware acceleration setting for you.

I can't get my AC86u updated coming from 384.16. The firmware upgrade keeps failing. Running Merlin since the beginning and never had issues with updating thru the web interface. I do have AMTM and Diversion installed. Any suggestions besides resetting to factory defaults?

I can't get my AC86u updated coming from 384.16. The firmware upgrade keeps failing. Running Merlin since the beginning and never had issues with updating thru the web interface. I do have AMTM and Diversion installed. Any suggestions besides resetting to factory defaults?
Eject USB drives, then reboot, then try again.

Dirty flash from 384.15 to 384.17 on AC86U.

Normally do a reset if I skip a version but thought I would try giving that a miss, see how it goes. I don't use the router for anything special just a basic setup here.

Thanks Merlin
Excuse my ignorance. What is a dirty flash?

Excuse my ignorance. What is a dirty flash?
Flashing over the previous firmware (to preserve previous settings) instead of starting from scratch.

Thank you. That is what I have always done. I presume this is a safe way to update the firmware?

Yes, it is usually safe when you update between close versions, i.e. 384.15 or 384.16 -> 384.17. But major jumps usually require factory reset. Normally RMerlin anounces in the release notes if the factory reset is required/suggested.

Ever since I installed 384.13_8 on my AC-3200 I have to reboot at least once or twice a day because the 2.4 GHz radio seems to go down... (If I look at the connected devices, 5ghz devices are connected but nothing 2.4ghz)a reboot and all my 2.4ghz devices will then connect. Reverting back to the previous version for now, hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

Hi All... anyone else experiencing issues loading the interface after logging in? More times than none, since going to .17, the page becomes unresponsive loading the System Status info, and missing the icons that go along the menu items on the left. Chrome complains that the page is unresponsive. I've attached a screen shot of what loads. It never completes. I close out of the window, and reload, and 99% of the time, it will load fine the 2nd time around. I've tried the usual suspects... reboots, clearing cache... you name it. Thanks!

upload_2020-5-5_16-50-6.png

Hi All... anyone else experiencing issues loading the interface after logging in? More times than none, since going to .17, the page becomes unresponsive loading the System Status info, and missing the icons that go along the menu items on the left. Chrome complains that the page is unresponsive. I've attached a screen shot of what loads. It never completes. I close out of the window, and reload, and 99% of the time, it will load fine the 2nd time around. I've tried the usual suspects... reboots, clearing cache... you name it. Thanks!

View attachment 23278
Have you tried to check if this behavior is repeated in other browsers?

I checked the following 3 browsers (Edge, Chrome, and Firefox) and do not see this behavior. I am sorry but do not have any other ideas.

Have you tried to check if this behavior is repeated in other browsers?

Just tried it in Edge, without an issue... (for now), but I typically stick with Chrome for 99.9999999% of the things I do.

clear browser cache...

View attachment 23278

Have you done the factory reset recommended for this version?

Hi all ..... I see the following problem: I have the router AC5300 configured to work with channel 11, but when reviewing it uses any channel, except 11 which is the manualy configured one.
I have reset the router but when start uses channels other than 11.
Have any idea why not using the indicated channel ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!