What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 and 384.13_10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IP traffic monitoring, Firewall url and keyword filter, do disable it too, check those too..?
And do your model even have both acceleration options?
All disabled.
RT-AC66U B1 probably not support FA, because Broadcom BCM4708C0 only. FA is maybe only available on the BCM4709 or newer.

CPU:
DL: 80-86% usage (700 Mbps)
UL: 100% usage (920 Mbps)

All disabled.
RT-AC66U B1 probably not support FA, because Broadcom BCM4708C0 only. FA is maybe only available on the BCM4709 or newer.

CPU:
DL: 80-86% usage (700 Mbps)
UL: 100% usage (920 Mbps)
That's it then, you wont get it better, must go for a more capable router, CPU usage is pretty maxed out! :)

if your connection is PPPOE there is only CTF available and with no FA you are seeing software acceleration which causes High cpu usage.

That was one of the reasons I upgraded my router from a 68U.

if your connection is PPPOE there is only CTF available and with no FA you are seeing software acceleration which causes High cpu usage.

That was one of the reasons I upgraded my router from a 68U.
Same for me. 86u now and couldnt be happier.

In my experience if you set to wifi / professional / and disable WMM APSD the log file becomes more tranquil. Apple has aggressive battery saving settings (that you cannot change on your phone) causing frequent disconnects that are logged.
When you adjust the WMM APSD it will be less aggressive, hence less disconnects.
It might affect your iphone battery life slightly but who cares.
That's a good idea. I will unban them and try that.

This morning had no wifi active, no internet connectivity, and couldn't see the modem for login.
The AC5300 was showing 5 indicator lights white. Tried logging into the router via GUI, but could not connect via any of several devices.
Did hard reboot of router, then for good measure, the modem.
Both router and modem came up functioning normally and with GUI active.
The AC3200 bridge was still not accessible (nor the NAS attached there). It required the hard reboot as well.
The whole system is now humming along as happy as a clam.
I've reviewed the logs for both routers, and I don't see anything that points to the failures. There are the large number of these nuisance entries, however:

syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth1:
dnsmasq[488]: failed to send packet: Operation not permitted

That has been discussed here before, and it is just white noise it seems.
Around the time WAN access stopped (3AM appx), these are the only entries that don't seem to fall into the above category:

Jul 3 01:26:28 acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)
Jul 3 04:14:29 acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)
Jul 3 04:14:29 acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)

Previously, the new firmware was installed on both routers from release day with no problems. Today was the first hitch in the git along for my system. Any ideas? Just trying to keep moving along...
Other than that, I love the new firmware!

Last edited:
Hello,

Just upgraded my RT-AX88U to 384_18, seems to work fine but I'm getting a weird truncated dashboard when I log in. Any idea how to fix this ?
Capture d’écran 2020-07-03 à 18.04.26.png

Hello,

Just upgraded my RT-AX88U to 384_18, seems to work fine but I'm getting a weird truncated dashboard when I log in. Any idea how to fix this ?
This is known bug affecting all routers using French language. You may do some search in this thread for more information. RMerlin promised to fix it in future 384.19. As a temporary remediation measure you may wish to select English language for Web GUI.

This is known bug affecting all routers using French language. You may do some search in this thread for more information. RMerlin promised to fix it in future 384.19. As a temporary remediation measure you may wish to select English language for Web GUI.
Cool! It works... Thanks for the tip.

Has anyone problems with the opnevpn server authentication? I'm getting a authentifiction failed error although I entered my password and username correctly. I changed both before and checked them many times for typos. Before that everything was working fine but I assume, that changing the name and also adding an additional user could triggered this in combination with the openvpn updates that came with this firmware. Never had this problems before.

This is from system log:

Code:
Jul  3 20:04:19 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]CLIENT_IP:3060, sid=c81d3c5d 93b8c47a
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 VERIFY OK: depth=1, C=TW, ST=TW, L=Taipei, O=ASUS, CN=RT-AC86U, emailAddress=me@myhost.mydomain
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 VERIFY OK: depth=0, C=TW, ST=TW, L=Taipei, O=ASUS, CN=client, emailAddress=me@myhost.mydomain
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_VER=3.git::3e56f9a6
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_PLAT=ios
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_NCP=2
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_TCPNL=1
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_PROTO=2
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_LZ4v2=1
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_GUI_VER=net.openvpn.connect.ios_3.2.0-3253
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 peer info: IV_SSO=openurl
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 PLUGIN_CALL: POST /usr/lib/openvpn-plugin-auth-pam.so/PLUGIN_AUTH_USER_PASS_VERIFY status=1
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 PLUGIN_CALL: plugin function PLUGIN_AUTH_USER_PASS_VERIFY failed with status 1: /usr/lib/openvpn-plugin-auth-pam.so
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 TLS Auth Error: Auth Username/Password verification failed for peer
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1558', remote='link-mtu 1559'
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 Control Channel: TLSv1.3, cipher TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, 2048 bit RSA
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 [client] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]CLIENT_IP:3060
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REQUEST'
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 Delayed exit in 5 seconds
Jul  3 20:04:20 ovpn-server1[8278]: CLIENT_IP:3060 SENT CONTROL [client]: 'AUTH_FAILED' (status=1)

EDIT: After a reboot I can now at least connect with the router's own login credentials, but new users will not be accepted even after another reboot.

Last edited:
This is known bug affecting all routers using French language.

Only AX devices should be affected actually, as this was a bug in Asus's 384_85xx GPL code used for AX models. They fixed it later with the 384_91xx or 384_93xx code.

I'm having problems with my Printer, It cant send jobs though i can connect to it via LPRServer
I do not think that this is related to the firmware upgrade!
There is a Windows problem since June-Update - see news on Google! :eek:
Even the fix from MS did not solve it for me - only removing original drivers and adding the poor Windows drivers make the printer work again. :(

I think I found the reason for my problems with OpenVPN. Although I clicked apply after creating the new OpenVPN users and then rebooted, the router does not seem to have added the users to / etc / passwd and according to the system log it also did not reboot at all. The file even contained the old user, which I actually deleted before. Only after the restart with the power switch, the router was really restarted and the new users are now in the passwd and the old one was deleted.
Before the restart I also noticed some other strange log entries. E.g. a warning from crond that it is not possible to write to / dev / null and scripts like spdMerlin and connmon could only be executed irregularly, because there was supposedly a lock file in /tmp, which was not to be found there.
Maybe this has something to do with cron? After changing my username, my own cronjobs had disappeared, including the system vpns-watchdog, which reappeared in the meantime. But instead of running every minute instead of every two, as i could see from cru l. I have now completely disabled DDNS and switched to an automatically generated certificate. I had only switched it on because of the Lets Encrypt certificate anyway.

Is it possible to deactivate the OpenVPN login via the standard router admin? This looks like a security problem to me.

I'm having problems with my Printer, It cant send jobs though i can connect to it via LPRServer
I have had the same problem, it's not related to this new firmware release.
what I do to solve this pickle, it's to connect through ssh and run the following command:

Code:
service restart_u2ec

Since I run this command quite often (when printing and scanning, also when installing the printer after formatting pc), I created a ssh shortcut on SSH Button android app.

If you would like to set up this shortcut, just let me know, there's another thread dedicated to shortcuts through ssh android app.
892172005c2cd9adf9a593c6b3659328.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I do not think that this is related to the firmware upgrade!
There is a Windows problem since June-Update - see news on Google! :eek:
Even the fix from MS did not solve it for me - only removing original drivers and adding the poor Windows drivers make the printer work again. :(

what's the name of the windows drivers you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!