What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 and 384.13_10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience if you set to wifi / professional / and disable WMM APSD the log file becomes more tranquil. Apple has aggressive battery saving settings (that you cannot change on your phone) causing frequent disconnects that are logged.
When you adjust the WMM APSD it will be less aggressive, hence less disconnects.
It might affect your iphone battery life slightly but who cares.

Just pointing out something - we sometime chase down event log noise even when our devices are working properly.

By Disabling a (power savings) feature in the wireless section on the router, it will negatively affect battery life of every device that uses Wi-Fi.

When my iPhones start causing excessive wlceventd entries, it's usually after a firmware upgrade and/or some wifi setting change. My solution to quiet it down is to forget the network and re-connect.

Sometimes the solution is worse than the problem, but YMMV.

Just pointing out something - we sometime chase down event log noise even when our devices are working properly.

By Disabling a (power savings) feature in the wireless section on the router, it will negatively affect battery life of every device that uses Wi-Fi.

When my iPhones start causing excessive wlceventd entries, it's usually after a firmware upgrade and/or some wifi setting change. My solution to quiet it down is to forget the network and re-connect.

Sometimes the solution is worse than the problem, but YMMV.
I absolutely agree with the above statement!

Updated RT-AC66U-B1 from 384.17 to 384.18 without doing full factory reset or restore. This "dirty" update seems to work nice and clean.

Thank you R Merlin.

After 8+ days of uptime on beta1, I updated to 384.18. Been up 30 min so far, no issues. Thanks @RMerlin!!

Did the update require manufacture/default reset and reconfigure manually to match all settings/configuration? New Firmware is good thing but going through manual reconfiguration, settings are just hassles (I know it must be done, but since mine are stable on 384.17,,,not really sure should update or stay back until the need for update)

Did the update require manufacture/default reset and reconfigure manually to match all settings/configuration? New Firmware is good thing but going through manual reconfiguration, settings are just hassles (I know it must be done, but since mine are stable on 384.17,,,not really sure should update or stay back until the need for update)
See my comment in your separate thread....

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/firmware-update-necessary-or-only-to-fix-existing-issues.64998/

On the AIMesh Router admin-Firmware upgrade page, the AIMesh Nodes are also listed with Upload link. This takes you to the node login page & you can upload off line as before. Take care to get the correct firmware for each.

I am on 384.17 for both RT-AC68U Aimesh Node and RT-AC86U AiMesh router...did you to do manufacture/default reset after the firmware update? I heard and was being told it must be done to make it cleaner and more stable...not sure if the default/manufacturer default reset may be required if going from Asus Rwt to Merline or must be done even one Merlin firmware to newer Merlin firmware...?

I am on 384.17 for both RT-AC68U Aimesh Node and RT-AC86U AiMesh router...did you to do manufacture/default reset after the firmware update? I heard and was being told it must be done to make it cleaner and more stable...not sure if the default/manufacturer default reset may be required if going from Asus Rwt to Merline or must be done even one Merlin firmware to newer Merlin firmware...?
Why create a separate thread if your not going to read it or continue to ask the same question in this thread? I answered your question in your other thread.

"Resetting or doing the "nuclear" restore is only recommended when experiencing issues after the upgrade. A lot of users continue to do dirty upgrades and haven't done a reset in a long time."

Why create a separate thread if your not going to read it or continue to ask the same question in this thread? I answered your question in your other thread.

"Resetting or doing the "nuclear" restore is only recommended when experiencing issues after the upgrade. A lot of users continue to do dirty upgrades and haven't done a reset in a long time."

I've been doing dirty upgrades since I bought my AX88U well over a year now and not a single issue that required a nuke.

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 (current models) and 384.13_10 (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200) is now available. The focus of this release was the merge of new GPL releases from Asus.

384.13_10 will probably be the final release for the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, due to the GPL code of these two models being currently completely out of sync with the code used by the other models.

Code:
384.18 (28-June-2020)
  - NOTE: A number of changes for some models are not backward
          compatible with previous versions.  Downgrading to
          a previous release will require a factory default reset
          afterward in many cases.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_8563 for AX models.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_81918 for mainline models.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_81918 for RT-AC86U.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_81902 for RT-AC5300.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 385_20490 for RT-AC68U.
  - UPDATED: Merged binary blobs 385_20490 for RT-AC3100.
  - UPDATED: Merged binary blobs 384_81918 for RT-AC88U.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_8563 for RT-AX58U.
  - UPDATED: amtm to 3.1.7.
  - UPDATED: Root certificate bundle to June 3rd 2020.
  - UPDATED: OUI database used by the webui.
  - UPDATED: Dropbear 2020.80 (themiron)
  - UPDATED: nano to 4.9.3.
  - CHANGED: Optimized OpenVPN routing policy storage (this change
             is NOT backward compatible with previous firmwares)
  - FIXED: ssh/scp client would fail to connect while negotiating
           a chacha20 connection (themiron)

384.13_10 (28-June-2020)
  This release will most likely be the last release for the
  RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, due to limited upstream support.

- UPDATED: amtm to 3.1.7.
  - UPDATED: Root certificate bundle to June 3rd 2020.
  - UPDATED: OUI database used by the webui.
  - UPDATED: Dropbear 2020.80 (themiron)
  - UPDATED: Wireless driver from 382_52230 for RT-AC87U and
             RT-AC3200 (should in theory address Kr00k)
  - FIXED: ssh/scp client would fail to connect while negotiating
           a chacha20 connection (themiron)

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

sorry for asking this question (if you feel it bothering you , just pass it over) :)

Is this firmware version equivalent to 2020/06/19 Asusrwt firmware update of AC68U Version 3.0.0.4.385.20585 and 2020/06/17 firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81930 ?

Sorry for bothering you with the question,,,Thank you for your response, I appreciate your help. I am just like others, of course reading/analyzing and determine if it's best fit, need for my own, but sometimes need help from others by just asking question :).

I guess if it feels bothering you, you might not need to provide advice or suggestion :) .Thank you for your help again, much appreciated it!

Sorry for bothering you with the question,,,Thank you for your response, I appreciate your help. I am just like others, of course reading/analyzing and determine if it's best fit, need for my own, but sometimes need help from others by just asking question :).

I guess if it feels bothering you, you might not need to provide advice or suggestion :) .Thank you for your help again, much appreciated it!
Not bothering but it does clutter up the forums when someone post the same item in multiple places. Doing so doesn't get you an answer any quicker.

Apologies if I've missed this discussion already. On my RT-AX88U I recently started using spdMerlin and I've just noticed that the Addon menu tab at the bottom left of the gui has disappeared today - I know it was there as I checked my graphs yesterday. Is this is known issue?

Don't know for sure if it's new behavior, but on my 68U with DHCP-WAN: Traffic Monitor on Network Map and Traffic Analyzer count LAN-Traffic as WAN-Traffic. I'm transferring something to my NAS using WiFi at the moment and upload on Traffic Monitor page shows data written to hardwired NAS as "Up" category, on Traffic Analyzer wireless and wired are displayed correctly, but wired is mirrored to internet (WAN).

Tried a download from NAS now, same mirrored effect on WAN. Like the internet (WAN) gets its data from the wired ports of the switch instead of only ETH0.

No one else having this strange behavior? Or any ideas where to look at to fix it probably?

Apologies if I've missed this discussion already. On my RT-AX88U I recently started using spdMerlin and I've just noticed that the Addon menu tab at the bottom left of the gui has disappeared today - I know it was there as I checked my graphs yesterday. Is this is known issue?
I'm not aware of any issue but you should try restarting your router. The webpage may become unmounted somehow. Also you need to post in the spdMerlin thread as its not related to the new firmware.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/spdmerlin-automated-speedtests-with-graphs.55904/

Is this firmware version equivalent to 2020/06/19 Asusrwt firmware update of AC68U Version 3.0.0.4.385.20585 and 2020/06/17 firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81930 ?

Please see the Changelog to see which Asus version this release is based on.

@RMerlin Installed .18 on my AC86U (in AP mode) just fine... tried twice to install it on my AC86U in Router mode and it failed, not sure why... just shows .17 when it reboots.

@RMerlin Installed .18 on my AC86U (in AP mode) just fine... tried twice to install it on my AC86U in Router mode and it failed, not sure why... just shows .17 when it reboots.
Do you have a USB attached? If so unmount using the gui and then load the firmware. Can try rebooting BEFORE loading it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!