What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nevermind. i've found the bug. i have disabled the router's dhcp and enabled adguards. rebooted the router and now all clients are conected.
I don't know how using AdGuardsHomes DHCP solved your router issues. you apparently are using a buggy option inside your dnsmasq.

Code:
dhcp-option=lan,42,0.0.0.0

Nvm,

0.0.0.0 is a special case address used to represent the machine hosting dnsmasq. (kind of like :: for ipv6).

simple. the bug is in asus dhcp's server. not adguard's.
Do you know what the actual bug is?, if so we can see about reporting it. It might be specific to your router model and its dhcp server. I have ran the AdGuardHome for a few week in this same configuration with no issues using my router dhcp with no issues. Otherwise, if you are using an older version of the firmware, there could be an unpatched but present in your dnsmasq.

Last edited:
Jacob: It's not in all versions. I.E. I don't have that (and I use the routers DHCP server).

I'm curious, do you have any of the other NTP options enabled like "Enable local NTP server" ?
That is what I was wondering.

but apparently according to dnsmasq manpage, 0.0.0.0 is used to represent the device that the dnsmasq instance is running on. so, it is not incorrect notation. it is equivalent to the ipv6 [::]. So the dnsmasq host is implying itself.

i was running unbound previous to adguard, that may explain the ntp option showing up.
Some believe that could be breaking things. I honestly don't know. It would require additional testing. Also your would have to check you Administrative page on the Router to see if NTP server was enabled.

Pushed v1.0.2
Changes include:
FIX: Added a patch to handle bootstrap resolver not adding properly! (while the AdGuard-Devs wait for more data).
FIX: AdGuardHome now runs like a service.

Also, for those wondering, I noticed a slight increase in performance by changing the ratelimit from 20 to 60 queries a second per client.

Last edited:
@L&LD

Finally found a use for that 2gb swap file we always have talked about around here....

1641358462343.png

This is adguardhome + max filters. (more than any one would ever need to run.)

How do I use dns over tls using the certbot, so I can use lets encrypt and ddns?

Also, when I install it etc you cant access router.asus.com?

How do I use dns over tls using the certbot, so I can use lets encrypt and ddns?

Also, when I install it etc you cant access router.asus.com?
That is all for you to discover. This is just an installer for AdGuardHome. Not heins57 services. You are welcome to start by checking adguardhomes wiki.

As for router.asus.com, you may need to make an additional rule for that which you should be able to discover how to do in the wiki. In the mean time,, Your router ip address should work just fine.

Last edited:
I currently have The AX86U with latest firmware. I have unbound set up as my authoritative DNS server and I am using diversion. My questions are:

1. Can I use Diversion and Adguard home together or they have to be one or the other?
2. Can I use Adguard home and Unbound together?
2 What changes do I need to make to Adguard home for it to work with both unbound and/or diversion?

Good question. I installed adguard home and unbound cache stop working. How do setup where it work together? Googling the information so users have adguard home, unbound, and pihole work8ng together well.

I currently have The AX86U with latest firmware. I have unbound set up as my authoritative DNS server and I am using diversion. My questions are:

1. Can I use Diversion and Adguard home together or they have to be one or the other?
2. Can I use Adguard home and Unbound together?
2 What changes do I need to make to Adguard home for it to work with both unbound and/or diversion?
1. I wouldn't, I haven't tried and would
not recommend it
2. Yes but you would have to get rid of any advanced unbound manager features and just run basic vanilla unbound. You would have to pick a port for unbound to listen on that is not 53. You would then tell adguardhome to use that address and port as upstream. You may also want to turn off caching on adguardhome under the dns settings page if you are trying to see unbound caching usage.

Last edited:
Do I setup my unbound port interface: 127.0.0.1@53535 to both of these AdguardHome Upstream DNS servers?

1641402552355.png

1641402582836.png

Do I setup my unbound port interface: 127.0.0.1@53535 to both of these AdguardHome Upstream DNS servers?

View attachment 38310
View attachment 38311

Code:
127.0.0.1:53535
tcp://127.0.0.1:53535
Only for upstream, don't mess with bootstrap.
You can delete 8.8.8.8 and 9.9.9.9 from the upstream section once you add unbound.
Tell adguardhome to use which ever is faster.

Last edited:
So I set the cache size to zero since Adguardhome doesn't have dedicated button for disabling the dns cache.

Attachments

• 771AFCFD-3CC9-4F7B-AC5C-AC83D8BF585D.jpeg
    771AFCFD-3CC9-4F7B-AC5C-AC83D8BF585D.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 194