What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As requested. The only change to the yaml file is the web portal bind port

From the earlier shared info, this is the line that is causing all the restarts
Code:
Feb 13 16:31:12 RT-AC86U-7510 S99AdGuardHome[15012]: Warning: AdGuardHome is not responding; S99AdGuardHome[15012] will re-start it!
Every thing seems okay but that check is saying your dns is not working properly, that is why it is performing a restart. Maybe try another server than cloudflare dot. See if the issue changes.

One option you could try with DoT servers is listing them by ip instead of domain, for example, regular cloudflare would be

tls://1.1.1.1:853

Which is also an acceptable format. Maybe their is a resolving bug with adguardhome that needs to be addressed, this is speculation since that it pretty much all I can do since I am unable to reproduce the same issue.

Last edited:
with v1.3.0, this happens in every 10 seconds and I couldn't stop this. Is that normal?

1644793773601.png

yes, it is confirming your internet dns thru adguardhome is active. it should now be every 5 minutes, if you run update.

updated but it still does it in every 10 seconds

1644807305629.png

I've tried to update 3 times via amtm and used

sh /opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer update

but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello, there is a small problem after the crash of version 1.3.0 and the upgrade to 1.3.1, localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1) appeared in private clients. In version 1.2.0, this was not the case, now it gets in the way. How to remove this client ?

Attachments

• 1097B0B6-859C-4EE1-BC9F-FC9473F332D8.jpeg
    1097B0B6-859C-4EE1-BC9F-FC9473F332D8.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 101
Hello, there is a small problem after the crash of version 1.3.0 and the upgrade to 1.3.1, localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1) appeared in private clients. In version 1.2.0, this was not the case, now it gets in the way. How to remove this client ?
That appears in private clients because it is local router traffic being performed to access whether your adguardhome is active(intended behavior). Otherwise Adguardhome is vulnerable to random system calls with no real way to mitigate the crashes. I am not sure if adguardhome has a feature that allows you to "ignore" a clients traffic inside statistics or not. This may be a feature request you bring up to Adguardhome devs or a quick check in their wiki to see if it is already available. Or maybe someone here can persuade them to fix their unintended (intentional) system call issues.

Last edited:
with v1.3.2 this time it asks for dns.msftncsi.com in 15 secs. :(

1645012552027.png

That is because you have your router setup to detect if internet is active. Strange world we live in when we see our routers local traffic.
I'm not using this feature and I've applied it as disabled before posting it to this thread. Also checked logs, it seems router started to ask for dns.msftncsi.com just after I've updated to v1.3.2.

1645013564962.png

Is there any configuration or command I can check to be sure or shall I reboot the my router?

I'm not using this feature and I've applied it as disabled before posting it to this thread. Also checked logs, it seems router started to ask for dns.msftncsi.com just after I've updated to v1.3.2.

View attachment 39541

Is there any configuration or command I can check to be sure or shall I reboot the my router?

To be honest, this sounds like your router is doing this behind your back. Even though you have unchecked it in the gui, it is probably still set within your nvram as some other users have reported lately being the case. You are just now able to see the logs reflected in AGH. You need to search the forum for the latest methods of disabling this.

honestly, why does it matter if it appears in your DNS logs? how much time do you spend watching the logs? AGH lets you filter by client and only for blocked domains (which is the main reason the query log is useful, for unblocking)

the DNS lookup is so that the Asus router can determine if WAN is up or not - integral to the function of an internet router, i might add!

honestly, why does it matter if it appears in your DNS logs? how much time do you spend watching the logs? AGH lets you filter by client and only for blocked domains (which is the main reason the query log is useful, for unblocking)

the DNS lookup is so that the Asus router can determine if WAN is up or not - integral to the function of an internet router, i might add!
you are right, suddenly it became the top queried domain, that's why I would like to ask. If I can't find anything related I'll leave it be :)

1645014521689.png

What would be a nice feature request for AGH devs is the ability to ignore traffic in logs from certain domains, or the ability to not log the statistics for certain request/ addresses/ or clients.

What would be a nice feature request for AGH devs is the ability to ignore traffic in logs from certain domains, or the ability to not log the statistics for certain request/ addresses/ or clients.
Very true. Also, "competitors" have this.

Is it fair to call free software competitors? Anyway, if this is critically important, pihole can do this.

I totally agree with Jack, people spend too much time worrying about 'system lookups' that are normally just there, unseen, to make certain features work behind the scenes :)

Very true. Also, "competitors" have this.

Is it fair to call free software competitors? Anyway, if this is critically important, pihole can do this.

I totally agree with Jack, people spend too much time worrying about 'system lookups' that are normally just there, unseen, to make certain features work behind the scenes :)
free software like uiDivStats you mean? we have an "exclude domains from stats" that even accepts wildcards

Hi everyone,

So I just setup AGH on my AX-58U router and I just realized that I forgot to enable and setup IPv6 on my router. Is there anyway to add/setup IPv6 on AGH?

I tried to do a reinstall of AGH but it does not appear to modify or add IPv6. I appreciate any advice or help on this.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
How do I allow access to port 14711 so that I can access the AGH Web portal from the internet?

I have DDNS enabled and am able to access the Router WebGUI.
I would also like to be able to access the AGH portal - when out of the home.

Thanks...

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow
How do I allow access to port 14711 so that I can access the AGH Web portal from the internet?

I have DDNS enabled and am able to access the Router WebGUI.
I would also like to be able to access the AGH portal - when out of the home.

Thanks...
open up that port over tcp on the firewall.

Code:
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)/32 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 14711 -j DNAT --to-destination $(nvram get lan_ipaddr):14711
iptables -I INPUT -d $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)/32 -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate DNAT -m tcp --dport 14711 -j ACCEPT

while simple

Code:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 14711 -j ACCEPT

would open the whole 14711 port.

If you prefer HTTPS, the turn on HTTPS option on adguardhome, but first make sure you have nothing using port 443 (or port 8443 if you want 8443). And point adguardhome to the location of your letsencrypt certificates in /jffs/.le

adjust the firewall rules to the https port chosen.

The better option would be to remotely access your router from its built in VPN site tunnel.

With all this being said, I would encourage anyone to use the Openvpn server provided by the asusrouter, before attempting to set up remote access like this. Also, I would encourage using the openvpn server over setting up a remotely accessible DNS server. OpenVPN is far more safer and more encrypted.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

So I just setup AGH on my AX-58U router and I just realized that I forgot to enable and setup IPv6 on my router. Is there anyway to add/setup IPv6 on AGH?

I tried to do a reinstall of AGH but it does not appear to modify or add IPv6. I appreciate any advice or help on this.
uninstall and reinstall should allow you to reset it up. or simply delete your .yaml with
Code:
rm -rf /opt/etc/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome.yaml
and run the installer option 1 which will make you a new file.