What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding the gaming downloads rule is not work well, here there is an update downloading for fortnite on my Xbox:
xbox game update.jpg

I am finding the gaming downloads rule is not work well, here there is an update downloading for fortnite on my Xbox:
View attachment 17411

Did you see the connection details for the fortnite patch.
(It's weird that they weren't using 80/443 server side)

--

Feel free to use a more aggressive rule if it continues to be a problem

-if Gaming && tcp protocol --> Game Transfering
(most games use UDP for game data)

More ideally, you could disable hw acceleration and a catch all rule could be create stating if gaming marked connection exceeds transfer rate of XXX --> Game Trasnfering.
(Disabling HW acceleration is not recommended, so this rule is NOT built in)

Did you see the connection details for the fortnite patch.
(It's weird that they weren't using 80/443 server side)

--

Feel free to use a more aggressive rule if it continues to be a problem

-if Gaming && tcp protocol --> Game Transfering
(most games use UDP for game data)

More ideally, you could disable hw acceleration and a catch all rule could be create stating if gaming marked connection exceeds transfer rate of XXX --> Game Trasnfering.
(Disabling HW acceleration is not recommended, so this rule is NOT built in)

Hi,

IPV6 is the offender (not much we can do about it), see attached, first time I have observed Xbox downloads/updates happening over ipv6.

xbox game update connections.jpg

Guys, I didnt have good experience with the built in QOS as it slowed down my speeds ( Using Router w/o Modem for 1gb fibre ), I only use Video Streaming, Torrents and browse, no gaming or VOIP etc
Please recommend what settings should I use

Guys, I didnt have good experience with the built in QOS as it slowed down my speeds ( Using Router w/o Modem for 1gb fibre ), I only use Video Streaming, Torrents and browse, no gaming or VOIP etc
Please recommend what settings should I use

Did you try this script with it’s default recommended settings?

It is significantly different from Asus’, botched, implementation of adaptiveQOS.

Last edited:
Did you try this script with it’s default recommended settings?

It is significantly different from Asus’, botched, implementation of adaptiveQOS.
How do I get rid of everyrule besides the others rules 00000 that untracked into others. Anyway I can only have that rule set and literally nothing else.

How do I get rid of everyrule besides the others rules 00000 that untracked into others. Anyway I can only have that rule set and literally nothing else.
Like get rid of the Snapchat,speed test, Google play, applestore app redirection etc...

Like get rid of the Snapchat,speed test, Google play, applestore app redirection etc...

U dont theyre built in and quite nessisary. Trend micro already has rulea for them anyway but are put in the wrong places which os why we have those rules. Its probably possible to remove with major manual editing of the files but be alot of work for nothing imo.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm surprised this script isn't in amtm. I looked everywhere but can't seem to find it. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Can i install this script on an Asus modem router dsl-ac52u with stock asus firmware, using your putty method? Or is this script only applicable on asus routers? I have weird voip problems with stock qos and i want to try this fix if possible.

Can i install this script on an Asus modem router dsl-ac52u with stock asus firmware, using your putty method? Or is this script only applicable on asus routers? I have weird voip problems with stock qos and i want to try this fix if possible.
as far as im aware router only, but it is possible if you use the stock firmware install method.

U dont theyre built in and quite nessisary. Trend micro already has rulea for them anyway but are put in the wrong places which os why we have those rules. Its probably possible to remove with major manual editing of the files but be alot of work for nothing imo.
The only reason I say that is because the gaming rule isn't good for gaming, I guess it does so much redirection that it makes gaming worse. And I know fresh said to keep everything in default but that is also bad for gaming and makes it less responsive. Putting ur console on highest and you can feel the difference in your gameplay. the best setup for true gaming would only to have one rule on the app redirection and that would be untracked to others and that's it. Just sharing what real world things I'm experiencing for gaming. Less rules the better as I seen someone say on this thread before

Sorry for the cross post, but I suspect my VPN issue is related to QOS:

I have an AC3100 running asusmerlin 384.10_2 and FreshJR QOS script v8.8. I have a 50\10 DSL internet connection. I have an issue with slow VPN speeds using the built in VPN router client.

My testing all done from the same PC (speedtest.net) and NNTP downloads:

Adaptive QOS ON (NO VPN) = Full speed (about 50Mbit)
Adaptive QOS ON (NordVPN client or IPSEC client installed on PC with ovpn file) = Full speed
Adaptive QOS ON (using same ovpn file on router ) = slow speed (about 15-20Mbit)
Adaptive QOS OFF (using same ovpn file on router ) = Full speed

CPU cores are not being used. Can anyone explain this behavior and any setting I should change to fix it ?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/slow-vpn-speed-qos-issue.56451/

I dug through this thread and saw there was a VPN fix on page 78, but it was supposed to have been included in v8.8 of the script. Wondering if I am experiencing this VPN issue. The fix page 78 is not identical to what is commented as a fix in v8.8 script. I an connecting to the VPN server on port UDP 1194

Last edited:

Disabling built-in rules is not available yet. (It may be implemented in a future release).

Do you anticipate the few hardcoded rules causing poor QoS performance?

(I can provide a guide how to manually remove them)

This may be a stupid question, but is there a delay in this script becoming active? I am trying to dial in my QOS Bandwidth limits and it seems like when I change a setting, QOS becomes disabled completely.

I was set at 240 and 20 and was tweaking the UL bandwidth to 22 and now DSL Reports Speedtest shows that my connection is at full bandwidth 300/25. I also saw this behavior when I first enabled the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!