What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming they would fall under.
Yes but only if you make a custom entry in the iptables roules.
For Nvidia Geforce Now you have to choose protocol UDP, local port 49003:49006 and class gaming.
Otherwise the Geforce Now traffic will fall under general....

Having issues... My girl is watching TV4Play (Swedish streaming tv) and it goes under catogery Net Control Packets which is wrong. I want to switch that to streaming category. Anyone? help

Having issues... My girl is watching TV4Play (Swedish streaming tv) and it goes under catogery Net Control Packets which is wrong. I want to switch that to streaming category. Anyone? help
Is she watching it on some kind of a streaming device? Thats the easiest way to do it I believe. Assign that device to a category.

Is she watching it on some kind of a streaming device? Thats the easiest way to do it I believe. Assign that device to a category.
Yeah its Chromecast Ultra. I tried adding the IP and setting it to streaming and MARK:09003D to streaming. Dosn't work...

Yeah its Chromecast Ultra. I tried adding the IP and setting it to streaming and MARK:09003D to streaming. Dosn't work...
Send us some screenshots of what you got. Pictures help. ;)

;)

Attachments

• 8CFDEA31-AC5E-4181-BE26-BEDA3B91C9BB.png
    8CFDEA31-AC5E-4181-BE26-BEDA3B91C9BB.png
    277 KB · Views: 372
  • E114DCD8-D796-4948-90FC-1517EAFCB428.png
    E114DCD8-D796-4948-90FC-1517EAFCB428.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 6531DD01-A7FA-479E-B435-C8CE3BDC5B3D.png
    6531DD01-A7FA-479E-B435-C8CE3BDC5B3D.png
    196 KB · Views: 338
Remove the mark and just put the IP in. Believe " 192.168.1.207/32 " is what you should put in the remote/IP CDIR section.

Nope, looks good. It’s showing rule 1 in purple which is also showing Streaming as purple in categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check now. I know it takes 5 mins or so to show. Are you hoping to get rid of or not see any net control packets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but i cant see what the red one is... is this optimized for chromecast ultra?

Edit: I rebooted the router now freshjr is gone.. WHAT? Why

Attachments

• 18583E40-D389-483C-BB3F-35697A81D0E3.png
    18583E40-D389-483C-BB3F-35697A81D0E3.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Not sure if this is a just me issue or not. Previous updates to ASUSWRT were uneventful. The router updated, the script resumed running. No Issues. However, on this last update RT-AC88U, 384.13, the script did not seem to reactivate. My bandwidth was again unlimited and the bufferbloat was obscene. I normally set my QoS to run at 270 Down and 22 Up, so seeing 350 Down was a surprise hours after updating.

I ended up reinstalling the script and it worked after that.

Last edited:
I'd like to make my own rules. I need some for my consoles. For instance, when i'm watching Youtube on my Xbox, the data flow is classified under "game transfer/download" and i'd like it to be classified as "streaming".
It's a hard coded rule (port 80/443, mark 08****).

Also, i'd like to edit edit the existing rules and possibly add more custom rules (4 is a little bit short).

Thank you.

Edit: managed to create a custom rule for my Xbox Youtube, but it's possibly conflicting with the previous hard coded rules, hence the need to edit/ remove those rules.

Last edited:
I'd like to make my own rules. I need some for my consoles. For instance, when i'm watching Youtube on my Xbox, the data flow is classified under "game transfer/download" and i'd like it to be classified as "streaming".
It's a hard coded rule (port 80/443, mark 08****).

Also, i'd like to edit edit the existing rules and possibly add more custom rules (4 is a little bit short).

Thank you.

Edit: managed to create a custom rule for my Xbox Youtube, but it's possibly conflicting with the previous hard coded rules, hence the need to edit/ remove those rules.
Can you share rule you're using for Xbox while streaming YouTube

I'm just waiting till freshjr returns with a new script before I bother to play with any rules my self.

Status
Not open for further replies.