What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus has just released Version 3.0.0.4.384.81049 a few days ago - and it makes no claim to have fixed Adaptive QOS bugs.
Version 3.0.0.4.384.45149 released on 2018/12/05 was the most recent time that Asus claims to have - Fixed “Adaptive QoS” bugs?

I am running MerlinWare 384.13.0 on my AC86U which, as I recall, is based on Stock Version 3.0.0.4.384.45717.

Has anyone found that Asus Stock Version 3.0.0.4.384.81049 has in fact fixed the QOS category settings retention problem on reboots?
Searching would help where others state they have the same issue (as do I) and even where @RMerlin states its an issue with Asus not his firmware back in June and that they fixed it.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...eta-is-now-available.56988/page-4#post-497372

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Adaptive QOS script or Asus-Merlin, but I've discovered that IPv6 traffic is not shown on the Bandwidth Monitor tab, nor is it seen by the Classification tab graphs. I assume this means it's completely going around QoS.

I'm on RT-AC68U with latest merlin (384.13) and QoS script (both installed today).

I am pretty certain this has been the case for some time, but I've just now had time to investigate.

I have IPv6 disabled at the router level on the IPv6 page, but it seems some of my apps on my network are using it. Specifically (in this instance), CrashPlanService.exe is sending backup sets to an IPv6 address which is not being seen by the QoS tool at all (the traffic does appear in the WAN tab of Traffic Analyzer).

Unsure if this is expected behavior; I didn't see anything about it when searching google and here.

Thanks!

I know IPv6 traffic was showing on my Classification tab during development - I was using a 6in4 tunnel back then to implement and test IPv6 address handling on that page.

Odd thing I just found. It might be more related to the firmware but if I refresh my cable modem connection page, just to check for any uncorrected errors, the router will have to rebuild the up and down tables with the 5 minute delay.

Odd thing I just found. It might be more related to the firmware but if I refresh my cable modem connection page, just to check for any uncorrected errors, the router will have to rebuild the up and down tables with the 5 minute delay.
Are you losing WAN connectivity which results in a firewall restart? What’s in the system log before the FreshJR entries?

Are you losing WAN connectivity which results in a firewall restart? What’s in the system log before the FreshJR entries?

It seems so I guess?

I didn't check anything prior to the restart and I cleared the log :(

Yes, I've tried the latest firmware. This QOS reboot issue is fixed.

I am using my RT-AC86U in AiMesh Router Mode - so will have to wait for @RMerlin to update his firmware.
The current MerlinWare 384.13 is based on GPL 384_45717 where the QOS reboot bug still languishes.

I am using my RT-AC86U in AiMesh Router Mode - so will have to wait for @RMerlin to update his firmware.
The current MerlinWare 384.13 is based on GPL 384_45717 where the QOS reboot bug still languishes.
Thank god its not just me, very annoying having to reset the QOS rules after reboot.

Stupid question for y'all ... how to delete a custom IPTABLE rule from the FreshJR mod custom table?

Just blank the fields and Apply.

Didn't work, that's why I asked. :)

It does not seem possible to blank out the 2 "pull down option box" fields.

Run the interactive shell
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -menu
Edit the rules and reset the one you hate. ;)

Thank you, yes, that worked.

I'm running FreshJR on my RT-AC66U_B1. At first, usenet was falling into the VOIP bucket instead of file downloads, and I don't remember how I fixed that but I did. That was several months ago. Everything was fine until I increased my internet speeds from 75mbit to 300mbit. Now, I only get about one third to one half of my 300mbits. I turned off QoS and it used the full speed as expected.

On the QoS statistics page, the traffic is falling under File Transferring as expected. But looking at app analysis, the traffic seems to falling into the Lets Encrypt bucket.

In the GUI, the Reserved Bandwidth and Allowed Bandwidth are set to defaults. Though running /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -menu on the router shows an empty list. Not sure if that's relevant.

I also ran /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -appdb "Lets Encrypt", got 1400c2, and tried to add that to AppDB Redirection, but it didn't seem to help.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attachments

• App analysis.png
    App analysis.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Bandwidth.png
    Bandwidth.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 278
  • FreshJR command.png
    FreshJR command.png
    76 KB · Views: 341
  • QoS.png
    QoS.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 295
I'm running FreshJR on my RT-AC66U_B1. At first, usenet was falling into the VOIP bucket instead of file downloads, and I don't remember how I fixed that but I did. That was several months ago. Everything was fine until I increased my internet speeds from 75mbit to 300mbit. Now, I only get about one third to one half of my 300mbits. I turned off QoS and it used the full speed as expected.

On the QoS statistics page, the traffic is falling under File Transferring as expected. But looking at app analysis, the traffic seems to falling into the Lets Encrypt bucket.

In the GUI, the Reserved Bandwidth and Allowed Bandwidth are set to defaults. Though running /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -menu on the router shows an empty list. Not sure if that's relevant.

I also ran /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -appdb "Lets Encrypt", got 1400c2, and tried to add that to AppDB Redirection, but it didn't seem to help.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Can you show us the GUI rules you have established? From one of the pictures it doesn't look like you have any. Also on the last image where you put download/upload bandwidth you're not supposed to put the full amount. I put in about 85 to 95% of my speeds.

Edit: The appdb portion doesn't seem to be working either. I mentioned that to @FreshJR awhile back so he could look into it and if possible fix it.

Can you show us the GUI rules you have established? From one of the pictures it doesn't look like you have any. Also on the last image where you put download/upload bandwidth you're not supposed to put the full amount. I put in about 85 to 95% of my speeds.

Edit: The appdb portion doesn't seem to be working either. I mentioned that to @FreshJR awhile back so he could look into it and if possible fix it.

Right, thanks. I did have my speeds set to 90% earlier. Bumped them up at one point to see if it made a difference.

Is this what you meant by GUI rules? It's just all the defaults I believe.
Rules.png

Right, thanks. I did have my speeds set to 90% earlier. Bumped them up at one point to see if it made a difference.

Is this what you meant by GUI rules? It's just all the defaults I believe.
View attachment 19477
Was curious about this comment
Though running /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -menu on the router shows an empty list. Not sure if that's relevant.
but not putting anything in there would explain that.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
I think it would be helpful to see the Tracked Connections on the Classification page for the device doing the Usenet downloading to determine what ports or destination IPs are being used and how they are being classified. The script has a hardcoded rule to put Usenet ports 119 and 563 into Downloads, but if you're using a different but consistent port, we can come up with a new rule to add.

I think it would be helpful to see the Tracked Connections on the Classification page for the device doing the Usenet downloading to determine what ports or destination IPs are being used and how they are being classified. The script has a hardcoded rule to put Usenet ports 119 and 563 into Downloads, but if you're using a different but consistent port, we can come up with a new rule to add.

I've actually never seen anything show up under tracked connections. I am using port 563 though. There's no difference between "File Transferring" "File Downloads" and "Downloads" right? Because usenet does get marked as "File Transferring" as expected.

I've actually never seen anything show up under tracked connections. I am using port 563 though. There's no difference between "File Transferring" "File Downloads" and "Downloads" right? Because usenet does get marked as "File Transferring" as expected.
I think it also matters where you're looking at it. I *think* only the FreshJR version of the Classification page will show the modified traffic categories. The stock QoS pages aren't privy to the changes being made behind the scenes to the default categories.

So how would you describe the problem again? Usenet traffic is being artificially capped now that you have more ISP bandwidth? You see the traffic from the Usenet client on the App Analysis page being labeled as "Lets Encrypt", but don't see any sign of it on the Classification page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!