What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dave14305
Something odd is happening.
I'm watching right now a Zoom webinar.
The problem is, on QoS, Zoom is there, as you can see on the bottom IPs/Ports.
However, on the charts, the category "work from home" have nothing, and the traffic is going through "others".
Can you guess what can be happening?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200608-212157347_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20200608-212157347_1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 158
@dave14305
Something odd is happening.
I'm watching right now a Zoom webinar.
The problem is, on QoS, Zoom is there, as you can see on the bottom IPs/Ports.
However, on the charts, the category "work from home" have nothing, and the traffic is going through "others".
Can you guess what can be happening?

Thanks.
What is the MARK for the Zoom connections (11003E)? Is there a custom rule or just the built-in stock classification?
What's the output of:
Code:
tc filter show dev br0 | grep "110000" -B1
EDIT: I created a custom rule for udp ports 8801:8810 to redirect to Work-From-Home when my kids were doing a lot of Zoom meetings, because it was Untracked, so maybe that's what you see in Others.

What is the MARK for the Zoom connections (11003E)? Is there a custom rule or just the built-in stock classification?
What's the output of:
Code:
EDIT: I created a custom rule for udp ports 8801:8810 to redirect to Work-From-Home when my kids were doing a lot of Zoom meetings, because it was Untracked, so maybe that's what you see in Others.

filter parent 1: protocol all pref 20 u32 fh 80a::800 order 2048 key ht 80a bkt 0 flowid 1:12 mark 0x80110000 0xc03f0000 (success 12344)

No custom rule, I'm using zoom for the first time (as my kid is only 2 year old :p )

Yes, that's the mark. But the untracked ones I can't filter, because more untracked services are being used apart from zoom

I had to reset my router. I tried re-installing script 8.9b3 (dated 6/05/2020) h0wever, it installed version 8.9 dated 5/28/2020. It's version 8.9 out of beta? I maybe using the wrong command to install the beta3 possibly?

Update: nvm... found correct link!

Last edited:
What's the output of:
Code:
Dave, how do you create custom rules with qos to redirect to different categories etc? Thnks :)

Dave, how do you create custom rules with qos to redirect to different categories etc? Thnks :)
In the WebUI. The first rule sets my TV to Streaming. The second one I think is for Facetime untracked connections, and the third is for Zoom video sharing.
upload_2020-6-8_19-35-25.png

Hey I noticed my charts aren't updating in Classification..
no matter what refresh I set...

How to fix that?

Worked after a restart

Last edited:
Sorry, another thing as im really tring to umnderstand it o to be abke to tweak is...
i played a 4k movie from youtube....traffic shows as Others...how come?

Another question,...

Since I can't enable Adaptive QOS + BAndwidth Enabler...
Can I create a new category using your script and set the bandwidth limit to like 1-10%? it will slow down everything for that device, right?

I really dont get it...what did Asus do with what they announces, the cateogires are a mess, Youtube downst go to video streaming nor does Dave..Freshjr...
I just reinstalled it...and youtube shows in work from home!!

Sorry, another thing as im really tring to umnderstand it o to be abke to tweak is...
i played a 4k movie from youtube....traffic shows as Others...how come?
if the data is not recognised by trends appdb it goes into others.

In the WebUI. The first rule sets my TV to Streaming. The second one I think is for Facetime untracked connections, and the third is for Zoom video sharing.
View attachment 24000
@dave14305 , not to complicate things too much but do you see a way to increase the IPtable rules from 4? I have filled all 4 up but would love to have 2 more or so if possible. I remember there being a reason why Fresh only did 4 but not sure if that still holds true many firmware(s) later.

if the data is not recognised by trends appdb it goes into others.

Well they said in their stock firmware that youtube will be classified but it doesnt show to the right groupand if thats the case, how to fixit with this script?

Id want to even manually if i had to do it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@dave14305 , not to complicate things too much but do you see a way to increase the IPtable rules from 4? I have filled all 4 up but would love to have 2 more or so if possible. I remember there being a reason why Fresh only did 4 but not sure if that still holds true many firmware(s) later.
Future plans here, still in development:
[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

and at https://github.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/projects/1

Dave can you please guide me a bit?

Is your youtube streaming using the correct category?

How can i do via your script to properly fix that?
I don’t do anything special with YouTube. Sometimes YouTube will be identified as YouTube and sometimes it won’t. Welcome to the https encrypted web. All the categorization is done by the Trend Micro DPI engine. The FreshJR script lets you make tweaks to traffic that you can explicitly identify by IP and/or ports. YouTube can be misidentified as generic Google traffic or maybe even generic SSL traffic if served by an ISP CDN cache.

I don’t do anything special with YouTube. Sometimes YouTube will be identified as YouTube and sometimes it won’t. Welcome to the https encrypted web. All the categorization is done by the Trend Micro DPI engine. The FreshJR script lets you make tweaks to traffic that you can explicitly identify by IP and/or ports. YouTube can be misidentified as generic Google traffic or maybe even generic SSL traffic if served by an ISP CDN cache.

Umm, so i noticed an AppDB section...can i use that to add Youtube/others?

Also how to get the Mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!