What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my question is what is the best setup /best scripts in your opinion only for gaming (and also only for cs go [and the same time stream with obs and also speak with Teamspeak], cs go are the most of udp Pakets but some minor tcp Pakets also) to get the lowest possible ping/latency and dont get ping spikes when Smartphones/TV and other poc uses the bandwith, so Gaming pakets should be the highest priority?

Right now i have FreshJR with 95% hardcoded rule and adaptive qos with fq_codel and preset with vdsl pppoe (ISP connection is vdsl2 vectoring 110dow and 20 up) and also manual bandwith Limit.

Also are there still updates or is the flexqos the "new" freshjr script ?

Last edited:
So my question is what is the best setup /best scripts in your opinion only for gaming (and also only for cs go [and the same time stream with obs and also speak with Teamspeak], cs go are the most of udp Pakets but some minor tcp Pakets also) to get the lowest possible ping/latency and dont get ping spikes when Smartphones/TV and other poc uses the bandwith, so Gaming pakets should be the highest priority?

Right now i have FreshJR with 95% hardcoded rule and adaptive qos with fq_codel and preset with vdsl pppoe (ISP connection is vdsl2 vectoring 110dow and 20 up) and also manual bandwith Limit.

Also are there still updates or is the flexqos the "new" freshjr script ?

When you say 95% hardcoded rule do you mean that you have gone to Classification Page > FreshJR Mod (Customise) >and in the Download /Upload Bandwidth updated the Maximum Allowed Bandwidth to 95%?

Have you also put your IP address of your console/site in the iptable top left?

i have manually edit the jffs script and added a 95% rule

QOS Recommended Setup:

1) Use manual bandwidth with limits set to 85-95% of your non-throttled speedtest results

To zone in on the ideal bandwidth within this range you need to be aware of these relations while testing with DSLreports Speedtest:

If you are getting poor bufferbloat grade, reduce WebUI speeds
If you are getting poor quality, increase WebUI speeds.

With these effects in mind, zero in on the ideal speed to get highest overall grade as quality/bufferbloat have an inverse relationship.
Always perform testing without other network activity so the results are consistent and not skewed.Note: Do not use the Automatic bandwidth setting. It does not work !

I've just installed this following all the instructions and things look to be working ok. I haven't done much testing yet. I don't completely understand the how, where or why about bandwidth limits. I think that I may be still on the Automatic bandwidth setting as I haven't noticed any option to change it.

Anyone have a copy of or know a way I could get my hands on a copy of a very early freshjr version with mainly just unidentified traffic into others? No other rules or very few so its easy to adjust?

I've just installed this following all the instructions and things look to be working ok. I haven't done much testing yet. I don't completely understand the how, where or why about bandwidth limits. I think that I may be still on the Automatic bandwidth setting as I haven't noticed any option to change it.
there is an option for manual when you set it it allows you so input speed test values for bandwidth i recommend starting at 95% bandwidth

Anyone happen to have an old copy of freshjr thats pre-webui?

Hi @dave14305, thank you for all your contributions.

I reverted from 384.18 + FlexQoS to 384.17 + FreshJR v8.9b3, but I still see the FlexQoS webui page. The steps I followed are:
  1. In 384.18, I used amtm to install FreshJR 8.8
  2. I used your command to install FreshJR v8.9b3
  3. I restored 384.17 using the webui
  4. Rebooted
Did I miss something?

Hi @dave14305, thank you for all your contributions.

I reverted from 384.18 + FlexQoS to 384.17 + FreshJR v8.9b3, but I still see the FlexQoS webui page. The steps I followed are:
  1. In 384.18, I used amtm to install FreshJR 8.8
  2. I used your command to install FreshJR v8.9b3
  3. I restored 384.17 using the webui
  4. Rebooted
Did I miss something?
Did you uninstall flexqos before you went back to FreshJr? Flexqos is a newer version of the FreshJR build.

Edit:
Code:
Available commands:

flexqos -about              explains functionality
  flexqos -appdb string       search appdb for application marks
  flexqos -update             checks for updates
  flexqos -install            install   script
  flexqos -uninstall          uninstall script & delete from disk
  flexqos -enable             enable    script
  flexqos -disable            disable   script but do not delete from disk
  flexqos -debug              print debug info
  flexqos -menu               interactive main menu

Did you uninstall flexqos before you went back to FreshJr? Flexqos is a newer version of the FreshJR build.

Edit:
Code:
Available commands:

flexqos -about              explains functionality
  flexqos -appdb string       search appdb for application marks
  flexqos -update             checks for updates
  flexqos -install            install   script
  flexqos -uninstall          uninstall script & delete from disk
  flexqos -enable             enable    script
  flexqos -disable            disable   script but do not delete from disk
  flexqos -debug              print debug info
  flexqos -menu               interactive main menu

Oops! I'll do it now and reinstall the FreshJR's just in case. Thanks!

why did you switched back to freshjr ?

Last edited:
why did you switched back to freshjr ?
After I upgraded to 384.18 and FlexQoS I started having frequent issues with my wifi connection, and the WebUI was unresponsive at times. This had never happened to me before, so I went back to 384.17 + FreshJR. I'm also running Diversion, Skynet, spdmerlin, connmon and YazFi in a RT-AC68U.

A couple of days ago I found out that I have a USB 2.0 dongle plugged in... Could it be that the slower speed affects the performance of the router with all those add-ons?

In any case I'm going to buy a new USB 3.0 and test this, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Hey all, not sure if this is a bug or I'm just misinterpreting the data, but it looks like the statistics under qos classification is very under-accounted. I tested by streaming some videos on my computer. Under bandwidth monitor, it shows reasonable traffic activity. Under classification however, it shows no activity under the rate column, and the values under the total column seems very very low. After 10 minutes of streaming, it looks something like this (the screenshot was taken with the stock adaptive qos, but the issue occurs on both freshJR and flex):
5XZNSBx.png

The download stats shows barely anything and somehow the upload stats is showing way more traffic. Is this expected or is it missing a lot of traffic?
Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!