What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried a different browser, incognito mode, restarted the router, same results as attached, qos is on for sure

am i missing anything in those:

Turn off QOS
Remove all files
Modify all my configurations in file FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt then rename it to FreshJR_QOS
Then upload it and run chmod a+rx FreshJR_QOS
and will upload that file normally as it is without touching it: FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt (leave it with same permissions and everything inside /jffs/scripts/
Then rename FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt to FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC
then run /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install
After the install it should say its installed and tell you the status of the QOS switch on the QOS settings page of the webui. It will say QOS is on or off. Make sure the switch is on.

After the install it should say its installed and tell you the status of the QOS switch on the QOS settings page of the webui. It will say QOS is on or off. Make sure the switch is on.

It was already turned qos off before start the whole thing, once its said successfully i turned qos on.

I think you can run: /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -debug and it may tell us something.

I think you can run: /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -debug and it may tell us something.

fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -debug
adaptive QOS: Classes Present: 0
adaptive QOS: Undf Prio:
adaptive QOS: Undf FlowID:
adaptive QOS: ***********
adaptive QOS: Down Band -- 9728
adaptive QOS: Downrates -- 486,2432,2918,972,486,972,972,486
adaptive QOS: Up Band -- 922
adaptive QOS: Uprates -- 46,230,92,92,46,92,276,46
adaptive QOS: Net = 1:10
adaptive QOS: VOIP = 1:15
adaptive QOS: Gaming = 1:11
adaptive QOS: Others = 1:16
adaptive QOS: Web = 1:13
adaptive QOS: Streaming = 1:12
adaptive QOS: Downloads = 1:14
adaptive QOS: Defaults = 1:17
adaptive QOS: FreshJR fakeTC is enabled
adaptive QOS: (Adaptive QOS is turned ON in router UI)
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts#

fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -debug
adaptive QOS: Classes Present: 0
adaptive QOS: Undf Prio:
adaptive QOS: Undf FlowID:
adaptive QOS: Down Band -- 9728
adaptive QOS: Downrates -- 486,2432,2918,972,486,972,972,486
adaptive QOS: Up Band -- 922
adaptive QOS: Uprates -- 46,230,92,92,46,92,276,46
adaptive QOS: Net = 1:10
adaptive QOS: VOIP = 1:15
adaptive QOS: Gaming = 1:11
adaptive QOS: Others = 1:16
adaptive QOS: Web = 1:13
adaptive QOS: Streaming = 1:12
adaptive QOS: Downloads = 1:14
adaptive QOS: Defaults = 1:17
adaptive QOS: FreshJR fakeTC is enabled
adaptive QOS: (Adaptive QOS is turned ON in router UI)
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts#
It looks like you have no classes assigned. That is a browser config problem. Can you send screen shots of your webui QOS settings please?

It looks like you have no classes assigned. That is a browser config problem. Can you send screen shots of your webui QOS settings please?

Attachments

• qos settings.png
    qos settings.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 556
Re-apply the settings for giggles to see if the syslog shows it restarting. Copy and paste what the syslog puts out for QOS only.

@FreshJR below is what I received from the debug command:

May 24 16:06:09 adaptive QOS: Classes Present: 8
May 24 16:06:09 adaptive QOS: Undf Prio: 2
May 24 16:06:09 adaptive QOS: Undf FlowID: 1:12

Everything looks fine. Are you sure you are not getting traffic under QOS Statistics? Does this occur on both wired & wireless connections?

Loading a newer version of this script onto my router overwrites the previous install?​

Yes, loading a new version overwrites the previous one.
For the new version to take effect, you have to click "Apply" on the QOS page.
This will reset the enviorment and apply the new parameters.

tried a different browser, incognito mode, restarted the router, same results as attached, qos is on for sure

am i missing anything in those:

Turn off QOS
Remove all files
Modify all my configurations in file FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt then rename it to FreshJR_QOS
Then upload it and run chmod a+rx FreshJR_QOS
and will upload that file normally as it is without touching it: FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt (leave it with same permissions and everything inside /jffs/scripts/
Then rename FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt to FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC
then run /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install

If you followed the instructions exactly to a T you wouldn't have these issues.
The pscp command performs the renames during the upload.
if you ran "sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install" it would set the permissions for you instead of neededing the chmod.

Restart the router and run the installation procedure again. (Do not use stock_install on RMerlin firmware as I see you are on RMerlin firmware)

I do not find the tutorial to be convoluted in the slightest. It's literally 6 lines of commands where all you have to change is the IP address & user name if yours differs. Everything else should be letter for letter the same.

Hi All....

FresJR QOS Fast V1 on RT-AC68U Hv E1

With gaming script rule and ip assigned on my gaming console (cidr: xxx.xx.xx.xx/32) In lines for download

and upload

My download gaming goes into gaming traffic..........but

My upload gaming goes into others traffic......???'

Is that right ???

There are separate gaming rules for both upload & download traffic for a total of three (3) lines. Did you modify all three lines?

Hi all

To install the script on lan : 10.20.30.1

I will have to change all 192.168.1.1 values for these others 10.20.30.1 ??

With notepad in the script?

In putty parameters and entrys too??

Thanks

Yes change all 192.168.XXX prefixes --> 10.20.30.XXX prefixes

Last edited:
Yes one in download and two in uploads

And delete # in three lines

run this in putty

Code:
iptables -L -v -t mangle

Some iptables configurations require ppp0 instead of eth0.

just keep and eye out for ppp0 or eth0 keywords in the short list of results (ignore the custom rules you created).

Feel free to PM me the output if you cannot figure it out.

Last edited:
Everything looks fine. Are you sure you are not getting traffic under QOS Statistics? Does this occur on both wired & wireless connections?

Yes, loading a new version overwrites the previous one.
For the new version to take effect, you have to click "Apply" on the QOS page.
This will reset the enviorment and apply the new parameters.

If you followed the instructions exactly to a T you wouldn't have these issues.
The pscp command performs the renames during the upload.
if you ran "sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install" it would set the permissions for you instead of neededing the chmod.

Restart the router and run the installation procedure again. (Do not use stock_install on RMerlin firmware as I see you are on RMerlin firmware)

I do not find the tutorial to be convoluted in the slightest. It's literally 6 lines of commands where all you have to change is the IP address & user name if yours differs. Everything else should be letter for letter the same.

There are separate gaming rules for both upload & download traffic for a total of three (3) lines. Did you modify all three lines?

Yes change all 192.168.XXX prefixes --> 10.20.30.XXX prefixes

@FreshJR

I re-did your instructions at page 1 but please accept a few notes:

First, I don't use putty I use MobxTerm
but i tried first to you your method completely through putty and it failed because:

c:\PuTTY>pscp -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt admin@192.168.2.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
Fatal: Network error: Connection refused

c:\PuTTY>

c:\PuTTY>pscp -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt fearz@192.168.2.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
My admin account name is fearz, but it will definitely fail because no password provided. (not sure how people were able to upload those files without credentials)

So i used Mobxterm

and followed:

Instead of this:

pscp -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt admin@192.168.1.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
pscp -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt admin@192.168.1.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC

I did this:
and for FreshJR it was already named like that in windows so i just uploaded it
mv "FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC\ \(1\).txt FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC

Then i changed my values in the FreshJR file to suit my needs (please look at it because there might be something wrong with it)

then i did this:

fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install

Then I turned on QOS

Third thing i noticed after using the fast version...finally the graphs showed but totally wrong and not updating instantly..

I first opened youtube and started watching a video, in the graphs no video or streaming showed at all, only web surfing
I then tried to download several files from download.com, eve before the download the download graph was showing activity but even when the download stopped, its still there.
all activity is taken by web surfing & file transferring

the second thing, it should be written this way:

3) From this point you can simply follow the install instructions, with one minor difference.

Replace the -install parameter with -stock_install. **IMPORTANT**

** Once again, do not use FreshJR_QOS -install **
** You have to use FreshJR_QOS -stock_install **

TO:

3) From this point you can simply follow the install instructions, with one minor difference.

Replace the -install parameter with -stock_install. **IMPORTANT** (IN CASE OF USING STOCK FIRMWARE)

Use -install if you are using the fast versions & on Merlin firmware

** Once again, do not use FreshJR_QOS -install ** (in case of merlin)
** You have to use FreshJR_QOS -stock_install ** (in case of stock)

Third thing i noticed after using the fast version...finally the graphs showed but totally wrong and not updating instantly..

I will upload my file maybe you can check it out maybe im missing something..

Thanks a lot for your support.

Attachments

• FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 339
  • FreshJR_QOS.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 657
I re-did your instructions at page 1 but please accept a few notes:
c:\PuTTY>pscp -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt fearz@192.168.2.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
but it will definitely fail because no password provided. (not sure how people were able to upload those files without credentials)

It would not fail. pscp prompts for the password input after initiating the connection.
Your connection was refused since you tried sending it to 192.168.2.1 and then when you used Mobxterm you tried sending it to 192.168.1.1

fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install

Then I turned on QOS

this is correct

Replace the -install parameter with -stock_install. **IMPORTANT**

That entire spoiler section was created for Users of Stock Firmware only. Non of those steps apply to your installation.
The entire contents of the section described how users of stock firmware have to follow different steps.
The context alone should of made it clear you are reading an incorrect section for your needs.

if the fast version is not working, try the compatible version.
The fast version is experimental.

--

As for your specific changes. I do see that you are trying to send some data to a non-existent flowid.

Code:
flowid ${G}

As for the categories issues, click apply on the QOS screen, wait 2 min, and sent me the output of the debug.

Last edited:
It would not fail. pscp prompts for the password input after initiating the connection.
Your connection was refused since you tried sending it to 192.168.2.1 and then when you used Mobxterm you tried sending it to 192.168.1.1

My router ip is 192.168.2.1 so i used the right IP and using pscp didnt ask for password (strange)

Monxterm im using 192.168.2.1 of course

this is correct

That entire spoiler section was created for Users of Stock Firmware only. Non of those steps apply to your installation.
The entire contents of the section described how users of stock firmware have to follow different steps.
The context alone should of made it clear you are reading an incorrect section for your needs.

if the fast version is not working, try the compatible version.
The fast version is experimental.

My problem with the compatible is that it takes around 5 minutes to start putting the right traffic into place (which is long for me) I would’ve preferred if it happened instantly
--

As for your specific changes. I do see that you are trying to send some data to a non-existent flowid.

Code:
flowid ${G}

Please explain or how to fix, all i have is xbox and ps ending with 192.168.2.8 and 192.168.2.9

As for the categories issues, click apply on the QOS screen, wait 2 min, and sent me the output of the debug.

Do you mean apply by turning on QOS or is there somewhere else im missing? Please explain in details how to provide you with that

Final question, if i go to downloads.com and start downloading say 5 files, it should show in File Transferring in the above graph (Download) <- that doesnt happen at all...

Last edited:
Yes. Apply as in turning on QOS via the webUI.

A download can appear in many categories.

-in Downloads if it’s transfered via http & identified
-in Web Surfing if it’s https encrypted
-in Others if unidentified
-in Gaming if you have unidentified traffic rerouted into gaming for that specific client

All of these possibilities are infinitely better than the ASUS default of sticking HTTPS into NetControl

--

For the most part, VoIP & Gaming is directed towards the top, Streaming & Downloads towards the bottom, with encrypted & unknown towards the middle. Coupled with the schedulars bufferbloat management, QOS works well for most people. Stressing about the category accuracy isn't really needed, but custom rules can be made where required.

Last edited:
Hi again,

Code:
flowid ${G}

1. What do you mean by this and how to fix it?
2. How to make the correct traffic fall into the right category? say I want all traffic from downloads.com go to file trtansfer, how can i do that?
3. Why doesnt traffic from youtube go to Vids & streaming?
4. I still have devices prioritized, shall i remove that?
5. Is there any changes needed to help whats going on? turn on/off nat acceleration maye?

6. Are the settings for the xbox and ps correct?

As for the categories issues, click apply on the QOS screen, wait 2 min, and sent me the output of the debug.​

You mean System log output?

7. Can you please tell me a simple rule of if I need a specific port say like 61235 fall under Gaming and another one say like, if the destination IP is 1.2.3.4 should fall under video streaming?

Thanks a lot for your AWESOME efforts and i'm sorry if i'm being that dumb, i'm trying my best.

-in Gaming if you have unidentified traffic rerouted into gaming for that specific client

All of these possibilities are infinitely better than the ASUS default of sticking HTTPS into NetControl

--

For the most part, VoIP & Gaming is directed towards the top, Streaming & Downloads towards the bottom, with encrypted & unknown towards the middle. Coupled with the schedulars bufferbloat management, QOS works well for most people. Stressing about the category accuracy isn't really needed, but custom rules can be made where required.

--

Hi again,

Code:
flowid ${G}

1. What do you mean by this and how to fix it?
2. How to make the correct traffic fall into the right category? say I want all traffic from downloads.com go to file trtansfer, how can i do that?
3. Why doesnt traffic from youtube go to Vids & streaming?
4. I still have devices prioritized, shall i remove that?
5. Is there any changes needed to help whats going on? turn on/off nat acceleration maye?

6. Are the settings for the xbox and ps correct?

1. flowid ${G} is not an valid catagory.
flowid ${Gaming} might be what you are intending but as uploaded to the first post, that flowid is recommended to be ${Defaults}. ${Gaming} makes no sense for that specific rule.

2. traffic falls where it falls. It generally works out okay even with inaccuracies due to https.
Custom rules would have to be made for you to place downloads.com traffic into the downloads category. You can potentially filter all their servers via their CIDR assignments looked up via their ASN. I linked a list of their servers below. For this to work, you have to hope that your local ISP doesn't use a HTTPS encrypted CDN cache for their larger download content sidestepping your download.com server filtering and placing the CDN's HTTPS traffic right back into “Web Surfing”
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=asn:6623&run=toolpage

The HTTPS version of Downloads.com falls into "Web Surfing" on my setup which is where I would expect most HTTPS websites to land.

3. Youtube is correctly identified as video on my setup.

4. I do not prioritize deivces

5. No, the default router parameters are fine. I do not recommend disabling acceleration as then the CPU will be really bogged down. If I found a setting that made a difference I would have mentioned it.

6. If the IP's you have setup in the script match you dhcp assignments then you are on the right track but there are some issues ..

a) You destination flowid's are broken as previously stated in answer #1

Why is there a ${G} flowid destination instead of ${Defaults} as per script recommendation.​

b) You copy pasted rules from the download section and pasted them, AS IS, into the upload?? What's that all about? There is no way is that going to work as upload & download TC rules have different syntax.

The upload section in the script already had rules pertaining to what you were trying to achieve present in the iptable section.

The TC command implementation of the rule you pasted, even if you had corrected the syntax, would NOT work as you are expecting it too. It was implemented via iptables for a reason as explained in the script comments.​

c) why are their two CIDR rules instead of a single one using the proper CIDR ip range >? As it stands one of your rules is redundant.

--

All of this was explained in the first three posts and the script header. Stop rushing through things and seeing what sticks.

Last edited:
1. flowid ${G} is not an valid catagory.
flowid ${Gaming} might be what you are intending but as uploaded to the first post, that flowid is recommended to be ${Defaults}

2. traffic falls where it falls. It generally works out okay even with inaccuracies due to https.
Custom rules would have to be made for you to place downloads.com traffic into the downloads category. You can potentially filter all their servers via their CIDR assignments looked up via their ASN. I linked a list of their servers below. For this to work, you have to hope that your local ISP doesn't use a HTTPS eecrypted CDN cache for their larger download content sidestepping your download.com server filtering and placing that HTTPS traffic right back into “Web Surfing”
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=asn:6623&run=toolpage

The https version of Downloads.com fall into "Web Surfing" on my setup which is where I would expect most HTTPS websites to land.

3. Youtube is correctly identified as video on my setup.

4. I do not prioritize deivces

5. No, the default router parameters are fine. I do not recommend disabling acceleration as then the CPU will be really bogged down. If I found a setting that made a difference I would have mentioned it.

6. If the IP's match you dhcp assignments then you are on the right track but there are some issues ..

a) You destination flowid's are broken as previously stated in answer #1

Why is theor a ${G} flowid destination I nstead of ${Defaults} as per script default .​

b) You copy pasted rules from the download section and pasted them into the upload as is? What's that all about, there is no way is that going to work..... upload & downlod tc rules have different syntax.

The upload section already had rules pertaining to what you were trying to achieve available via iptable section.

The TC command implemenation of the rule, even if you corrected the syntax, would NOT work as you are expecting it too. It was implemented via iptables for a reason.​

c) why are their two CIDR rules instead of a single one using the proper CIDR ip range >? As it stands one of the rules is redundant.

--

All of this was explained in the first three posts and the script header. Stop rushing through things and seeing what sticks.

Mr @FreshJR, not all people have the same level of expertise as you have so please take it easy as many of what you said here or in the first page i do not understand and im trying to, so please take it easy and still i thank you for your great efforts so lets not take the conversation to be like “stop rushing through things...” trust me im trying, thanks for your help anyway.

Ive read almost every page to try and accomplish what i want to do but its a little hard for me, excuse my ignorance, im trying to learn thats why i came here and asking for help.

Mr @FreshJR, not all people have the same level of expertise as you have so please take it easy as many of what you said here or in the first page i do not understand and im trying to, so please take it easy and still i thank you for your great efforts so lets not take the conversation to be like “stop rushing through things...” trust me im trying, thanks for your help anyway.

Ive read almost every page to try and accomplish what i want to do but its a little hard for me, excuse my ignorance, im trying to learn thats why i came here and asking for help.

Use this version.

It is identical to the front page version, with 3 "#"'s removed, and 3 ip addresses modified (and changed to match your assumed 192.168.2.8 - 192.168.2.9 assignments)

Most the copy / pasting / moving around / duplicating steps you attempted were non functional.

Just leave "Downloads.com" in "Web" Surfing".

There's methods to attempt to move it, but might be fruitless depending on your local ISP.

Just re-upload that file, and click "Apply" on the QOS page for settings to take effect. (Nothing extra or special !!)

Attachments

• FreshJR_QOS.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:
I wanted to test if compatible version worked in Stock ASUS Firmware without problem.

These steps followed:

1. Turn ON QoS

2. Create Directory by PuTTY
Code:
mkdir /jffs/scripts/

3. Send Script by CMD
Code:
cd C:\putty\
pscp -pw mypasswork -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_compatible_v1.txt admin@192.168.2.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS

4. Install by PuTTY
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -stock_install

5. Testing and working.

6. After Turn OFF QoS, uninstall by PuTTY and Reboot
Code:
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -uninstall

7. Turn ON QoS, Re-install to see if it works again.

8. When I tried to create again the director tells me that it is already exists.
Code:
mkdir: can't create directory '/jffs/scripts/': File exists

9. Send Script By CMD
Code:
cd C:\putty\
pscp -pw mypasswork -scp C:\Putty\FreshJR_QOS_compatible_v1.txt admin@192.168.2.1:/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS

10. Install by PuTTY and now show me this
Code:
admin@RT-ACXXX:/tmp/home/root# sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -stock_install
 Creating environemnt to trigger scripts post USB Mount
grep: invalid option -- x
BusyBox v1.17.4 (2018-03-26 10:27:41 CST) multi-call binary.

Usage: grep [-HhnlLoqvsriwFE] [-m N] [-A/B/C N] PATTERN/-e PATTERN.../-f FILE [FILE]...

Search for PATTERN in FILEs (or stdin)

Options:
        -H      Add 'filename:' prefix
        -h      Do not add 'filename:' prefix
        -n      Add 'line_no:' prefix
        -l      Show only names of files that match
        -L      Show only names of files that don't match
        -c      Show only count of matching lines
        -o      Show only the matching part of line
        -q      Quiet. Return 0 if PATTERN is found, 1 otherwise
        -v      Select non-matching lines
        -s      Suppress open and read errors
        -r      Recurse
        -i      Ignore case
        -w      Match whole words only
        -F      PATTERN is a literal (not regexp)
        -E      PATTERN is an extended regexp
        -m N    Match up to N times per file
        -A N    Print N lines of trailing context
        -B N    Print N lines of leading context
        -C N    Same as '-A N -B N'
        -e PTRN Pattern to match
        -f FILE Read pattern from file

Placing FreshJR_QOS entry into script_usbmount
 FreshJR QOS has been enabled
adaptive QOS: Scheduled Persistence Check -> No modifications necessary

11. I wait 10 minutes and QoS does not work.

12. I Reboot the router and wait 10 minutes and now QoS works.

I already have one day use it and it works without problems, just that error in step 10 and 11, but it works.

Thanks FreshJR.

Are these instructions considered "good" for a stock install?

Use this version.

It is identical to the front page version, with 3 "#"'s removed, and 3 ip addresses modified.

Most the copy / pasting / moving around / duplicating steps you attempted were non functional.

Just leave "Downloads.com" in "Web" Surfing".

There's methods to attempt to move it, but might be fruitless depending on your local ISP.

Just re-upload that file, and click "Apply" on the QOS page for settings to take effect. (Nothing extra or special !!)
Ok but I added the following since I have xbox and ps 192.168.2.9 and 192.168.2.8

Code:
[INDENT]realtc filter add dev br0 protocol all prio $1 u32 match ip dst 192.168.2.8/31 match mark 0x80000000 0x80000fff flowid ${Gaming}        #Gaming (3/3) - Routes Unidentified Traffic into "Gaming", instead of "Others", for LAN clients specified
            realtc filter add dev br0 protocol all prio $1 u32 match ip dst 192.168.2.9/31 match mark 0x80000000 0x80000fff flowid ${Gaming}        #Gaming (3/3) - Routes Unidentified Traffic into "Gaming", instead of "Others", for LAN clients specified

iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -s 192.168.2.8/31 -m mark --mark 0x40000000/0x4000ffff -j MARK --set-mark ${Gaming_mark} &> /dev/null    #Gaming (3/4) - Routes Unidentified Traffic into "Gaming", instead of "Others", from specified LAN devices in rule (line 1/2)
            iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -s 192.168.2.8/31 -m mark --mark 0x40000000/0x4000ffff -j MARK --set-mark ${Gaming_mark}                #Gaming (4/4) - Routes Unidentified Traffic into "Gaming", instead of "Others", from specified LAN devices in rule (line 2/2)
            iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -s 192.168.2.9/31 -m mark --mark 0x40000000/0x4000ffff -j MARK --set-mark ${Gaming_mark} &> /dev/null    #Gaming (3/4) - Routes Unidentified Traffic into "Gaming", instead of "Others", from specified LAN devices in rule (line 1/2)
            iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o eth0 -s 192.168.2.9/31 -m mark --mark 0x40000000/0x4000ffff -j MARK --set-mark ${Gaming_mark}                #Gaming (4/4) - Routes Unidentified Traffic into "Gaming", instead of "Others", from specified LAN devices in rule (line 2/2)

and I modified in the priorities to from:

Code:
#Percent of download speed guaranteed per QOS category, change below as desired     (minimum value per section 5, sum should not be greater than 100)
        NetControl_DownBandPercent=5                    #This value can be adjust as desired        **  no spaces before or after the "=" sign **
        VoIP_DownBandPercent=20                            #This value can be adjust as desired        **                no decimals              **
        Gaming_DownBandPercent=15                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        Others_DownBandPercent=10                        #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: New destination for unidentified traffic
        WebSurfing_DownBandPercent=10                    #This value can be adjust as desired
        Video_DownBandPercent=30                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        FileTransfer_DownBandPercent=5                    #This value can be adjust as desired
        Default_DownBandPercent=5                        #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: Original destination for unidentified traffic, repurposed for "Gaming Downloads on ports 80/443"

#Percent of upload speed guaranteed per QOS category, change below as desired         (minimum value per section 5, sum should not be greater than 100)
        NetControl_UpBandPercent=5                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        VoIP_UpBandPercent=20                            #This value can be adjust as desired
        Gaming_UpBandPercent=15                            #This value can be adjust as desired
        Others_UpBandPercent=30                            #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: New destination for unidentified traffic
        WebSurfing_UpBandPercent=10                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        Video_UpBandPercent=10                            #This value can be adjust as desired
        FileTransfer_UpBandPercent=5                    #This value can be adjust as desired
        Default_UpBandPercent=5                            #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: Original destination for unidentified traffic, repurposed for "Gaming Downloads on ports 80/443"

Code:
####################  Bandwidth Setup #####################

user_variables() {
        #Percent of download speed guaranteed per QOS category, change below as desired     (minimum value per section 5, sum should not be greater than 100)
        NetControl_DownBandPercent=5                    #This value can be adjust as desired        **  no spaces before or after the "=" sign **
        VoIP_DownBandPercent=5                            #This value can be adjust as desired        **                no decimals              **
        Gaming_DownBandPercent=30                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        Others_DownBandPercent=5                        #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: New destination for unidentified traffic
        WebSurfing_DownBandPercent=15                    #This value can be adjust as desired
        Video_DownBandPercent=25                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        FileTransfer_DownBandPercent=10                    #This value can be adjust as desired
        Default_DownBandPercent=5                        #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: Original destination for unidentified traffic, repurposed for "Gaming Downloads on ports 80/443"

#Percent of upload speed guaranteed per QOS category, change below as desired         (minimum value per section 5, sum should not be greater than 100)
        NetControl_UpBandPercent=5                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        VoIP_UpBandPercent=5                            #This value can be adjust as desired
        Gaming_UpBandPercent=30                            #This value can be adjust as desired
        Others_UpBandPercent=5                            #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: New destination for unidentified traffic
        WebSurfing_UpBandPercent=15                        #This value can be adjust as desired
        Video_UpBandPercent=25                            #This value can be adjust as desired
        FileTransfer_UpBandPercent=10                    #This value can be adjust as desired
        Default_UpBandPercent=5                            #This value can be adjust as desired        #Note: Original destination for unidentified traffic, repurposed for "Gaming Downloads on ports 80/443"
    }

The final file attached, thank you for confirming all is OK,

Then i'll turn off QOS
upload the file
rename it via mobxterm
then run the dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
then /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install
then turn on QOS

Right?
[/INDENT]

Attachments

• FreshJR_QOS.txt