What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -stock_install

INVALID COMMAND

These are available commands:

FreshJR_QOS check status of script, views help file
FreshJR_QOS -enable starts script, enables autostart on boot
FreshJR_QOS -install starts script, enables autostart on boot
FreshJR_QOS -disable stops script, turns off autostart on boot
FreshJR_QOS -uninstall stops script, turns off autostart on boot, deletes from on disk
FreshJR_QOS -debug views current QOS configuration state and variables to check for errors

FreshJR_QOS -appdb "App Name" Use this to lookup mark/prio paramters required to create an App Analysis redirection rule

FreshJR QOS fakeTC is enabled
(Adaptive QOS is turned OFF in router UI)

My Gosh!!! this is the worst tutorial ever, I AM SORRY, I just want to get the FAST version to work insteead of this compatible one, can someone explain to a dumb person how can we do that??

I already uploaded the fast version, chmod a+rx and it just wont run like normally:

fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# chmod a+rx FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt -stock -install
Option "-stock" is unknown, try "tc -help".
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt -stockinstall
Option "-stockinstall" is unknown, try "tc -help".
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt -stocki-nstall
Option "-stocki-nstall" is unknown, try "tc -help".
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt -install
Option "-install" is unknown, try "tc -help".
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt
Usage: tc [ OPTIONS ] OBJECT { COMMAND | help }
tc [-force] -batch filename
where OBJECT := { qdisc | class | filter | action | monitor }
OPTIONS := { -s[tatistics] | -d[etails] | -r[aw] | -p[retty] | -b[atch] [filename] | -n[etns] name }
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt -enable
Option "-enable" is unknown, try "tc -help".
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# mv FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1
FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# mv FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt FreshJR_QOSV
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
FreshJR_QOSV FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
FreshJR_QOSV FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOSV
Usage: tc [ OPTIONS ] OBJECT { COMMAND | help }
tc [-force] -batch filename
where OBJECT := { qdisc | class | filter | action | monitor }
OPTIONS := { -s[tatistics] | -d[etails] | -r[aw] | -p[retty] | -b[atch] [filename] | -n[etns] name }
fearz@RT-AC5300-81F0:/jffs/scripts# /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOSV --enable
Option "--enable" is unknown, try "tc -help".

My Gosh!!! this is the worst tutorial ever, I AM SORRY, I just want to get the FAST version to work insteead of this compatible one, can someone explain to a dumb person how can we do that??

Well it seems pretty obvious in the tutorial on 2nd post in this thread, the fast version is not compatible with stock firmware...
Prerequisites for Users on Stock AsusWRT Firmware
The "compatible" version is the only version that is compatible with stock firmware. The "fast" version will not work.

An uninstall is NOT needed between updates.

Only time an uninstall is needed is when switching from the fast version -> compatible version of the script.

Loading a newer version of this script onto my router overwrites the previous install?​

Well it seems pretty obvious in the tutorial on 2nd post in this thread, the fast version is not compatible with stock firmware...
I'm already using Merlin not stock, but the guide for the compatible is straight forward, not like the others...

why there are to fast files? one fast and the other fast/fake, what am i supposed to do with that?

Sorrry but really the guide needs to be more descriptive and straight forward for people like me who are not network experts or gurus.

This would never deny the fact for the awesome/great efforts for the creator, thank you so much for it,

So, what im getting is, I will modify only 1 file which is FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt to fit my needs, then put it via winscp then chmod a+rx the file, then /jffs/scripts/filename -enable (whicle QOS is disabled) then enable QOS?

Is that it?

Hi All....

FresJR QOS Fast V1 on RT-AC68U Hv E1

With gaming script rule and ip assigned on my gaming console (cidr: xxx.xx.xx.xx/32) In lines for download

and upload

My download gaming goes into gaming traffic..........but

My upload gaming goes into others traffic......???'

Is that right ???

Hi All....

FresJR QOS Fast V1 on RT-AC68U Hv E1

With gaming script rule and ip assigned on my gaming console (cidr: xxx.xx.xx.xx/32) In lines for download

and upload

My download gaming goes into gaming traffic..........but

My upload gaming goes into others traffic......???'

Is that right ???
Yes this is quite common thus the move of others up the list.

So, what im getting is, I will modify only 1 file which is FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt to fit my needs, then put it via winscp then chmod a+rx the file, then /jffs/scripts/filename -enable (whicle QOS is disabled) then enable QOS?

Is that it?
You need to upload both of the fast branch files. You will rename them to:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS
and
Code:
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC

You will run all commands against:
Code:

NOT the fakeTC file.

In one of your posts you are running the stock install command against the correct file when you should only be running install. In another post you are running your commands against the fakeTC file which is incorrect.

I will delete all from scratch and start from the beginning, but justto ensure:

So i will do all my configurations in the file FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt then rename it to FreshJR_QOS

Then upload it and run chmod a+rx FreshJR_QOS

and will upload that file normally: FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt (leave it with same permissions and everything inside /jffs/scripts/

then run /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install

Right?

You need to upload both of the fast branch files. You will rename them to:
Code:
and
Code:
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC

You will run all commands against:
Code:

NOT the fakeTC file.

In one of your posts you are running the stock install command against the correct file when you should only be running install. In another post you are running your commands against the fakeTC file which is incorrect.

I will delete all from scratch and start from the beginning, but justto ensure:

So i will do all my configurations in the file FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt then rename it to FreshJR_QOS

and will upload that file normally: FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt (leave it with same permissions and everything inside /jffs/scripts/

Right?
Remember to rename fakeTC file to FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC

Okay to recap:

Turn off QOS
Remove all files
Modify all my configurations in file FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt then rename it to FreshJR_QOS
and will upload that file normally as it is without touching it: FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt (leave it with same permissions and everything inside /jffs/scripts/
Then rename FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt to FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC

Right?

Okay to recap:

Turn off QOS
Remove all files
Modify all my configurations in file FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1.txt then rename it to FreshJR_QOS
and will upload that file normally as it is without touching it: FreshJR_QOS_fast_v1_fakeTC.txt (leave it with same permissions and everything inside /jffs/scripts/

Right?
Ok now run dos2unix /jffs/scripts/* and you are golden. This should be done before the install command.

Ok now run dos2unix /jffs/scripts/* and you are golden. This should be done before the install command.
hmm
one issue appear, my QOS statistics page is almost empty, no graphs displayed...how to fix that?

What did i do wrong?

I applied the steps EXACTLY as it is.

hmm
one issue appear, my QOS statistics page is almost empty, no graphs displayed...how to fix that?

What did i do wrong?

I applied the steps EXACTLY as it is.
Is that a normal behavior?

the QOS statistics shows no graphs,,,

Is that a normal behavior?

the QOS statistics shows no graphs,,,
Have you cleared cache? Have you rebooted? If you have not then do so please. Did you turn QOS back on?

Have you cleared cache? Have you rebooted? If you have not then do so please. Did you turn QOS back on?
tried a different browser, incognito mode, restarted the router, same results as attached, qos is on for sure

am i missing anything in those:

Turn off QOS
Remove all files

Attachments

• no graphs.png
    no graphs.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 558
Status
Not open for further replies.