What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does someone knows how to make Steam/Origin/Etc. Downloads being considered File Downloads instead of websurfing?

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos
Are you running the latest version of the script?

Are you running the latest version of the script?
Yeahp... in fact I reinstalled it the other day when resetting the whole router

Yeahp... in fact I reinstalled it the other day when resetting the whole router

There is a list of ports if I remember correctly, does it not show up under game transfer?

There is a list of ports if I remember correctly, does it not show up under game transfer?
Game traffic at least what I've noticed with one or two games goes well under gaming. But game downloads or updates are under websurfing instead of file downloads, causing slowness and timeouts on webs and social media apps

Game traffic at least what I've noticed with one or two games goes well under gaming. But game downloads or updates are under websurfing instead of file downloads, causing slowness and timeouts on webs and social media apps

May I ask but did you set the QoS priority to custom and use the order from the first page?

May I ask but did you set the QoS priority to custom and use the order from the first page?
Yes, except that gaming is above VoIP
de3f3f829397e6eea59623898e2b917e.jpg

Yes, except that gaming is above VoIP
de3f3f829397e6eea59623898e2b917e.jpg

Try setting VoIP above gaming that's how mine is set up, also there is a new script version being released some time in the near future.

You to change it would have to adjust the traffic marks I was looking at it last night it's on the front page the rules and how to set them up.

It's a matter of adjustment to the container I'll have to poke around in the script again to see if I can change it in mine when I get home.

How is progress on the new version of the script going with support for shorter bursts?
I still find the current script unusable for improving gaming latency because I have an LG TV that causes huge lag spikes even when it is limited using this script and gaming traffic is prioritised. I have had to resort to using bandwidth limits for everything on the network except for my gaming PC.

How is progress on the new version of the script going with support for shorter bursts?
I still find the current script unusable for improving gaming latency because I have an LG TV that causes huge lag spikes even when it is limited using this script and gaming traffic is prioritised. I have had to resort to using bandwidth limits for everything on the network except for my gaming PC.
Are you using 95% of bandwidth and overhead values?

Has this script been abandoned? I ask because I haven't seen @FreshJR here for a while now.
I'm a big fan of this project and I'm wondering if previously proposed additions will still be added going forward.

Still alive && not abandoned.

Unfortunately progress is only being made when I get free time which is the cause for the delay. I do want to finish up as soon as I can.

To be honest, I wasted a lot of freetime programming/tweaking a nueral network to analyze home security footage realtime + send snapshots/video upon detection. I spent a while optimizing detection code so I would only have to process/queue a few relevant frames of the video feed via computer vision instead of all feeds simultaneously realtime. I wanted the ability to run the code on a low powered hub instead of monstrous power hungry + loud GPU setup.

I know I could of bought an off the shelf solution but didn't want to send my video feed to the cloud for computer vision processing (privacy) + monthly fees (never ending subscription). With my own code, I can compile nice statistics and visual timeline.

See above. Planned feature of next release.

Is there any way to set a delay of 1 or 2 seconds before the QoS kicks in, or would this not be advisable?

This request is opposite of everyone else. The release will offer a setting to lower the initial bursts to avoid a bufferbloat spike.

Your requests is doable, via the same parameters, but only if we weren't building on top of Asus's existing structure.

I may have an idea how to work around it, but this feature wouldn't be a configurable option within the UI. I'd be able to send u a few lines of code so you can manually enable the hardcoded modfications to test to see if (and how well) the idea would work.

This would be after I finish the release.

--

For everyone elses performance gripes. Just hold off until after this release to re-report performance or bugs.

Current limitations / bugs are mostly known at this point.

By the way, thanks everyone for the words of support and the involvement in the discussion thus far. Glad to see demand is still out there, so the effort is not going unused.

Last edited:
This request is opposite of everyone else. The release will offer a setting to lower the initial bursts to avoid a bufferbloat spike.

Your requests is doable, via the same parameters, but only if we weren't building on top of Asus's existing structure.

I may have an idea how to work around it, but this feature wouldn't be a configurable option within the UI. I'd be able to send u a few lines of code so you can manually enable the hardcoded modfications to test to see if (and how well) the idea would work.

Sounds good!

Still alive && not abandoned.

Unfortunately progress is only being made when I get free time which is the cause for the delay. I do want to finish up as soon as I can.

To be honest, I wasted a lot of freetime programming/tweaking a nueral network to analyze home security footage realtime + send snapshots/video upon detection. I spent a while optimizing detection code so I would only have to process/queue a few relevant frames of the video feed via computer vision instead of all feeds simultaneously realtime. I wanted the ability to run the code on a low powered hub instead of monstrous power hungry + loud GPU setup.

I know I could of bought an off the shelf solution but didn't want to send my video feed to the cloud for computer vision processing (privacy) + monthly fees (never ending subscription). With my own code, I can compile nice statistics and visual timeline.

See above. Planned feature of next release.

--

For everyone elses performance gripes. Just hold off until after this release to re-report performance or bugs.

Current limitations / bugs are mostly known at this point.

By the way, thanks everyone for the words of support and the involvement in the discussion thus far. Glad to see demand is still out there, so the effort is not going unused.
Glad to hear from you @FreshJR, was being to worry about you. Was thinking we needed to do a "welfare check" on ya. ;):D

@FreshJR Good to hear from you. I'm glad the project hasn't been abandoned.

Question to anyone who may assist....I have 2 xbox ones and they (microsoft) recommend using IPV6 for better connectivity, however, it was mentioned here in earlier post that if you're using the Fresh script it's recommended to turn off IPV6 due limitations...is that correct? I'm using the script and both my xbox have a static IP with gaming enabled. Would using IPV6 hurt my gaming experience i.e. lag, latency etc.... or for now only use IPV4?

Good to hear from you @FreshJR . I think I can wait for the next release while doing other things. Have a nice weekend and take care ;)

@FreshJR im having difficulties telling if Facebook messenger is classified as VoIP or others
My upload / download are set to 80% of my max (tested for bufferbloat). Is this what you mean?
Try setting to 95% and depending on your connection type there should be an overhead value for your connection in the per packet over head drop Box.

Try setting to 95% and depending on your connection type there should be an overhead value for your connection in the per packet over head drop Box.

I'd set it to about 80% since previously this is what was required to get A+ bufferbloat rating. Are you saying setting it to more like 95% will actually give better results with the QoS? I figured it would make it worse since there will be less margin for error.
My modem is a Vigor 130. Both modem and router are on the latest firmware.
I'm pretty sure my overhead is set correctly for a UK BT Infinity 2 connection:
upload_2019-6-28_11-7-40.png

Thanks for your help

Is Facebook Messenger calls and video chats going into others like I'm or is it web surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!