What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have 5% as lowest on gaming? Like this configuration

Attachments

• qoa.PNG
    qoa.PNG
    202.7 KB · Views: 414
Yo im back again. Lmao. I noticed the dedicated servers for CoD are using dst port somewhere between 30000-45000. I might just add that to gaming. But I have another question. I see the class recommendation is
1 Dns
2 Voip
3 Gaming.
My question is wouldn't it be better to have gaming as second or will it cause some delay in the router because of the packet size or does it matter?

Yo im back again. Lmao. I noticed the dedicated servers for CoD are using dst port somewhere between 30000-45000. I might just add that to gaming. But I have another question. I see the class recommendation is
1 Dns
2 Voip
3 Gaming.
My question is wouldn't it be better to have gaming as second or will it cause some delay in the router because of the packet size or does it matter?
no it would be better if you get a voice call that u can speak imo otherwise all categories can use any available bandwidth reserved for all categories if its not being used.

1 Dns
2 Voip
3 Gaming.
Won't cause any issues that's how mine is set it just means if you get a voice call then it will get priority over gaming traffic both of which are extremely tiny packets.

I am interested in trying QoS, but it sounds like it only works well when the ISP is providing a consistent bandwidth. Unfortunately I'm having some problems such that sometimes my download speed is 80 Mbps, and sometimes 30 Mbps (ugh!).

This seems like a non-starter for being able to use QoS. Are there some benefits I could get regardless? My primary interest is to allow steam/game downloads to proceed at reasonable speed without impacting web browsing.

The other thing I was wondering was whether spdMerlin could be integrated such that each speed test result was input into QoS. That seems like it could be pretty handy, if it is feasible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I am interested in trying QoS, but it sounds like it only works well when the ISP is providing a consistent bandwidth. Unfortunately I'm having some problems such that sometimes my download speed is 80 Mbps, and sometimes 30 Mbps (ugh!).

This seems like a non-starter for being able to use QoS. Are there some benefits I could get regardless? My primary interest is to allow steam/game downloads to proceed at reasonable speed without impacting web browsing.

The other thing I was wondering was whether spdMerlin could be integrated such that each speed test result was input into QoS. That seems like it could be pretty handy, if it is feasible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I only have 50/5 and FreshJR QOS has helped a lot on “smoothing” out my limited bandwidth.

Any plans to make specified packets a priority like in Traditional QoS? This way we can shape our own networking

You would have to ask asus about that.

It's already implemented with the traditional QoS, but I was wondering how it would work with FreshJR's implementation. I imagine there is some type of packet priority I was wondering if it would be made visible.

It's already implemented with the traditional QoS, but I was wondering how it would work with FreshJR's implementation. I imagine there is some type of packet priority I was wondering if it would be made visible.
The closest you could possibly get to it is tag certain packets as net control or game or VoIP and set that to highest priority.

it is easily by manually editing the script

And you have done this? If so can you explain or show how?

Thanks

EDIT: is there a way to save the script to a text file on desktop to look through it?

Last edited:
well it involves the manual install method so you have the script files on your desktop to edit. then using several additional applications such as notepad++ to edit it and putty etc to connect to router and upload it etc. also some knowledge I the scripting as well because I believe it need to be modified now in 2 places for it to work and show the information correctly in the gui as well. if any of this sounds overwelming then its best not to. to be honest im not sure why you would want to do such a thing anyway as that category is primarily for the control packets that actually shape your traffic! if it has to compete with other data then your potentially defeating the purpose

Is there anything else to do after uninstalling the script? This may be some kind of placebo effect but my network doesn't seem to be acting correctly after uninstalling the script in the instructions, disabling traffic analyzer/QoS and doing a reboot with the format jffs partition. Network seems to be performing slower even during periods of single device use.

Is there anything else to do after uninstalling the script? This may be some kind of placebo effect but my network doesn't seem to be acting correctly after uninstalling the script in the instructions, disabling traffic analyzer/QoS and doing a reboot with the format jffs partition. Network seems to be performing slower even during periods of single device use.

as long as qos is off its not using the script. if you've removed the script and are trying to use qos without that's a problem as stock asus qos is complete garbage. without this script its disfunctional

Hi I am new to the forum's and wanted to ask a question about the Asus router with QOS, as I like to game,
but the the family have many WiFi devices connected, I am connected via Ethernet, but many times I get lag due to them using the net while I game, so it would be good to control there usage so it wont effect me, which one of these router would you guys recommend, I have heard good things regarding Merlin software/firmware not sure if both of these support it, and which one would benefit me, or if there are any other alternatives, besides these two below!
(but I am leaning towards the WiFi 6 variant )

1: ASUS RT-AX56U
2: ASUS RT-AC86U

Someone upgraded to 384.15 ? is it still compatible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.