What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I just found out that sometiomes it goes under untracked and sometimes it goes under game transferring ??
And also the port chaged sometimes ?

Hello

I just found out that sometiomes it goes under untracked and sometimes it goes under game transferring ??

Did you manually input your Gaming device IP in the table?

can you explain me what you exactly mean ? xD

Hello

some ports are not detected and go into default which is why I like it at the top. also a lot of comm's are default as well like teamspeak discord etc which is also important at the top. id put default/gaming/voip/web/media/downloads and be happy foreva :)

On which category goes Gametransfer(Gaming?). The problem is, that i think i have a few webside based untracked data, i dont know ecactly.

How do i know when there is untracked what it is exactly.

So my thinking is, what is the best option for me or other, do i lose performance/latency when the game data is not on the first priority category because it is not tracked right?

The problem ist that if i add manually a rule for a spezific port, the next game with different server has already an other port and the problem happens again.

An other question, if i would put in the gaming rule in my script, would the all the data that i use on my pc get into the gaming category?

Because i also stream when i play cs go and the stream data shows right under the category video and streaming, so is it better for internet latency to seperate this to datas into 2 categorys?

If yes, then there is the problem that either the game data or an other data is on the first category because on some normal matchmaking cs go games it is tracked right, but as i use a client like esportal (havent tested it with faceit) the game data is either in the category untracked, or game transfer.

Normaly it should be bad if all the other categorys get better priority.

I have found this in the forum but i dont u derstand what it is for?

And how do i know my gaming ip/cidr?

Is there a way that i can add a spezific program (cs go, esportal client) to a list that all data cs go/esportal uses goes into gaming priority?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191230-051346_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-051346_Chrome.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
And how do i know my gaming ip/cidr?

If it's a windows device and NOT a console (Xbox, PS4,) go into command prompt or powershell and type "ipconfig" If you are using IPv4, it should be the IPv4 address. You add the one IP address into that red area in the picture you posted. I don't know how to do it for multiple devices but others have explained how, and I think it's in the opening posts.

EDIT: also go into the administration tab, then firmware upgrade tab, and make sure the signature version is up to date. Note: also if you make changes in some areas of the router like your firewall etc. it can trigger the 5 minute wait cycle so make sure, every-time, you change something, go to the system log section and see if it triggers the 5 minute cycle.

Last edited:
On thx

So basically all that traffic that is not tracked as a spezific traffic goes into gaming category?

What is port 80 or 443?

And on which category goes the game transfer?l, because one time my game traffic was classified as game transfer?

I checked the signature it is up to date

Yea i wanna priorize my gaming pc

Last edited:
With the game IP applied into that field it should track your CS:GO traffic better. Actually I've never seen it end up an issue like you're having with CS:GO only with UT4, it's always been in the appropriate "gaming" classification. Even without FreshJR.

But what is if the game data goes into the category game transfer? Which classification is this?

Because one time i looked on the traffic classifiction and on game transfer there was 80 pps and on all the other casses there was nothing?

Last edited:
In my case, Youtube videos go to Gaming for download category and File transferring for upload one. I do not use VPN at all :confused:

I have now this category because i play mainly cs go and also stream with obs do you think it is good ? i want high priority for the game.
Or should i take others under gaming ?

Gaming
Video and audio straming
others
voip messaging
websurfing
datatransfer

Hi,

I have setup a Rule for a Specific IP with a specific Mark to be set as File Downloads, but instead traffic is being classified as Web Surfing...
Before was working fine, but after a router reload classification seems not applying my rule.
Any idea?

Hi,

I have setup a Rule for a Specific IP with a specific Mark to be set as File Downloads, but instead traffic is being classified as Web Surfing...
Before was working fine, but after a router reload classification seems not applying my rule.
Any idea?
got a screenshot of your setup?

I have now this category because i play mainly cs go and also stream with obs do you think it is good ? i want high priority for the game.
Or should i take others under gaming ?

Gaming
Video and audio straming
others
voip messaging
websurfing
datatransfer
Follow Sinners advice :
Others/gaming/voip/web/media/file transfer

Yes, here:
9ae58592056923fc0dcdaa39b307aea2.jpg
So all traffic regarding 192.168.1.3 should be Downloads? That right? Can you show us "live" traffic screenshot from GUI? Can use the dropdown to show only that client.

So all traffic regarding 192.168.1.3 should be Downloads? That right? Can you show us "live" traffic screenshot from GUI? Can use the dropdown to show only that client.
No, if you see I only set a Mark to it (1400BA), to specify which type of traffic should be set to "File Downloads", not the rest.
Anyway after a disabling qos, reboot, enabling qos, reboot suddenly started working correct [emoji2369]

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

No, if you see I only set a Mark to it (1400BA), to specify which type of traffic should be set to "File Downloads", not the rest.
Anyway after a disabling qos, reboot, enabling qos, reboot suddenly started working correct [emoji2369]

But you put in a local IP as well.......which if I understand the script right your telling QOS that everything from that IP should go into Downloads. o_O

Glad its working for you though.

But you put in a local IP as well.......which if I understand the script right your telling QOS that everything from that IP should go into Downloads. o_O

Glad its working for you though.
That should not be the idea if I put the Mark about which specific traffic I want to be considered downloads, not all the traffic from it.
If you see, only that specific traffic is under that rule, the rest is assigned to their correspondent categories.

3d973fb428021cfd86352f4c012f44ce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!