What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,

But could you please let us know briefly what are the changes thats been made prior to the firmware update and as well FreshJRs work?

How should we expect this new tweaks to work?
In the master branch for 384.17 and earlier, there are only bug fixes to FreshJR’s original script:
  • Fixed AppDB rule categories not reflected in connection list
  • Excluded DNS-over-TLS port 853 from VPN traffic fix
  • Retrieve WAN interface name from nvram if script not invoked by firewall-start
  • Fixed AppDB Custom Rule 4 being ignored in connection list
  • Fixed AppDB rules to properly implement wildcard marks
  • Fixed port 443 exclusion for Gaming rule

In the master branch for 384.17 and earlier, there are only bug fixes to FreshJR’s original script:
  • Fixed AppDB rule categories not reflected in connection list
  • Excluded DNS-over-TLS port 853 from VPN traffic fix
  • Retrieve WAN interface name from nvram if script not invoked by firewall-start
  • Fixed AppDB Custom Rule 4 being ignored in connection list
  • Fixed AppDB rules to properly implement wildcard marks
  • Fixed port 443 exclusion for Gaming rule

where do we download your version listed here? not curl install but actually dl it? Put it in yur signature or something :)

@Sinner: It's an old error that was found a long time ago by another user of this forum. FreshJR has never corrected it in his script. When I saw this new script I wondered if it was still there.

Here:
Code:
 curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/develop/FreshJR_QOS.sh" -o /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS --create-dirs && curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FreshJR_QOS/develop/FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp" -o /jffs/scripts/www_FreshJR_QoS_Stats.asp && sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install'

hen to update use:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -update

Hmmm..

Suddenly my left menus all disappeared, tried icognito and other browsers...
same.

Restarted and it all went back to good...

a bug apparently

Last edited:
Hmmm..

Suddenly my left menus all disappeared, tried icognito and other browsers...
same.

Restarted and it all went back to good...

a bug apparently
Do you have other UI addons installed? This script doesn’t mess with the menus at all.

A general question to the forum at large - what's the right way to fork and rename but still give credit to the original author who did the hard work without looking like a weasel? I didn't intend to rename it at all, but I probably need to PM thelonelycoder to understand how different he prefers it for AMTM logic.

Ideas welcome. Anything from 1QoS (too short) to ASUSWRT-Merlin-QoS (too long).

I'm learning quickly that I enjoy the learning and the coding. Dealing with you all (i.e. users just like me) is less fun. :rolleyes:

Keep it simple ... DaQOS ... is da best!

RealQoS. Putting you in control of your RMerlin powered router's bandwidth and making the most of your ISP connection since 2017. :)

could name it after merlin or call it merlin edition.

My hope is to not include my name or anyone else's in the script name so that when the baton is passed to the next maintainer there is no need to change the name again. myQoS, ourQoS, customQ0S, snbQoS, uQoS, Bandwidth, FlexQoS, etc.
AceQoS - Adaptive Configuration Enhanced QoS ?

My hope is to not include my name or anyone else's in the script name so that when the baton is passed to the next maintainer there is no need to change the name again. myQoS, ourQoS, customQ0S, snbQoS, uQoS, Bandwidth, FlexQoS, etc.
Thats a valid point!!! Some folks brought up RealQoS /EnhancedQoS and/or AceQoS which sound pretty good...maybe we can do a poll and vote!

Last edited:
I was going to toss a few options out there (ie: BetterQoS and others), but after reviewing what has already been listed, I have started to like "EnhancedQoS". It simply describes what it does - Enhances the ASUS supplied QoS, making it better, stronger and faster. It may be a bit long for a name, but not too long.

Dave - Whatever you choose, I am sure it will be good. Thank you for picking up the development.
- L

I know too much to ask but would be cool if Dave's fork can also long-term remove the dependency on Asus QoS enablement bits that trigger TrendMicro portions.....currently that breaks the other unsupported Suricata that the homie from Brazil is working on!

Keep up the great work!

I know too much to ask but would be cool if Dave's fork can also long-term remove the dependency on Asus QoS enablement bits that trigger TrendMicro portions.....currently that breaks the other unsupported Suricata that the homie from Brazil is working on!

Keep up the great work!
There is no Adaptive QoS without Trend Micro.

@dave14305 MerlinEnhancedQualityOfService aka
MEQOS

I did think DQOS was good short n' sweet, but as you said eventually you will be passing the batton over to future devs...so wouldn't work with that naming scheme

Last edited:
@dave14305 MerlinEnhancedQualityOfService aka
MEQOS

I did think DQOS was good short n' sweet, but as you said eventually you will be passing the batton over to future devs...so wouldn't work with that naming scheme
+1 for "EnhancedQoS"...but whatever name it has, I'm A..Okay too!

Status
Not open for further replies.