What's new

Repeater for ac68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mzn50

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone.. I have a AC68 U and looking for a AC repeater.. I presently have a Amped Wireless Repeater.. and have some issues...

Hoping I can plug and play with great range...

Any recommendations?
Thx

2 issues.. Sonos seems to have an issue with repeaters.. And Amped seems come up..
Second.. Chromecast does not like Amped wireless repeaters.. So I need to connect directly to to my Asus router..and all works fine.

Not sure if it's a handshakeing issue.. Hoping a asus repeater. Will correct this issue..

Thanks for the "issues" description.

ASUS does not make AC repeaters/ range extenders.

Consider the NETGEAR R6200.

Funny enough .. I cant seem to find many Asus RP-AC52 AC750 around.. a few for sale in EU .. but certainly not widespread in Canada anyway...

thanks for the link to the Netgear .. Ill take a look..

Bizarre.. I cant seem to find a RP-AC52 Repeater ANYWHERE in the Market.. announced in Apr 14 - no one is selling it.. :confused:

Where I live (central Europe), RP-AC52's availability is also very poor. The price comparison tools do list them as available from just a few sellers but the price is c.a. 80% the price of RT-AC56U. I was in similar position (only I wanted it as a wired Access Point, not Wi-Fi repeater) just a few days ago and ended up getting a second router. I am happy with my choice as now I have two full-blown routers and I'm free to shuffle them around, repurpose them both as I wish in the future, etc. The added flexibility is well worth the ~20% price premium being asked for RT-AC56U over RP-AC52, if you ask me. Not to mention the faster theoretical wireless throughput (BTW, do you know this repeater has only a Fast Ethernet port?) and a GbE switch. Well, I kind of miss the night light function, though ;)

Zbig.. thanks for the recommendation and update.. that is prob a good option.. perhaps get an older generation Router and config it as a repeater..

Footprint is also a concern however as I hoped to get something much smaller..

but good angle !

Matt

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!