What's new

Replacing the AX92u with something beefier.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrAliC76

New Around Here
Currently have the AX6100 setup n the house using wireless backhaul, would like to put in a new router and move the AX92u currently connected to the VM SH4 as another mesh node.

Connection is Virgin Media 1Gb

I'll admit i don't fully understand the mixing dual & tri band scenario but my thoughts are one of the following

AX88u - dual band
AX11000 - believe this is due an update Q1 this year - however this is a tri band
AX89u - dual band

I've got approximately 60 individual devices connecting to the existing setup with max approx 40 devices connecting simultaneously

Any guidance/insight would be gratefully appreciated, thanks in advance.

AX11000 is better as you can control 5GHz-1 channel too when AX11000 as main and AX92U as node..

You will need to validate if all 3 bands will still be available on the ax92u if your main node only has 2 bands. There's an old thread that seems to indicate that only 2 bands will be working. If true, you will lose the dedicated backhaul and your wireless speeds might cut in 2 when connected to a node (50% of the time for device-node communication, and 50% for node-router communication).

You will need to validate if all 3 bands will still be available on the ax92u if your main node only has 2 bands. There's an old thread that seems to indicate that only 2 bands will be working. If true, you will lose the dedicated backhaul and your wireless speeds might cut in 2 when connected to a node (50% of the time for device-node communication, and 50% for node-router communication).

Thank you, I did read that thread, but did not full understand it, I'm surprised the AX89 isn't triband, ASUS do say it will mesh but as you say it looks like there will be speed degradation

Thank you, worth getting now? or hang on for the AX11000 pro due for release sometime soon?

Again, appreciate the input
It depends on where you are. It seems like only the USA will get access to the extra UNII-4 bands (167-177) that the AX11000 pro uses.

It depends on where you are. It seems like only the USA will get access to the extra UNII-4 bands (167-177) that the AX11000 pro uses.
Thank you once again i appreciate the input. My consideration for waiting is that i think the Pro is getting a processor upgrade & i think the WAN port is being upgraded. I know the current version has a multigig port but not sure if that can be used as for the WAN?

Buy what you need today. Test and decide to keep or not. Waiting for something better to come is a never-ending game. And betting all the eggs in some future basket isn't advisable either.

not sure if that can be used as for the WAN?
Worry not - you can indeed use the 2.5G port on the GT-AX11000 for your primary WAN connection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!