What's new

RESOLVED: Lost access to WebUI from LAN, SSH is working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GPSMapper

New Around Here
Hi All,
Suddenly I have faced an issue with WebUI access lost to one of my routers.
When I try to access the WebUI from LAN I am getting 'Connection refused' error.
It was working just fine and the only idea I have on m,y mind is that I have somehow occasionally enabled access restrictions under Admin - System

I can still acccess SSH.
Router itself is opperational and tunnels are up and running.

Questions:
1. what is the nvram / terminal command I can try to set the option "Enable Access Restrictions" to 'No' or add a local LAN to the list?
2. If I will not be able to regain access, I will probably need to reset the router, but I do not have a recent backup of the settings, is there a way to dump a router configuration from the SSH terminal?
3. Any other ideas what can be causing 'Connection refused' on WebUI from the LAN?

Last edited:
Try this:
Code:
nvram set enable_acc_restriction=0
nvram commit
service reboot

Code:
nvram save /path-to-usb-folder/nvram.cfg

Could be your browser is converting HTTP addresses to HTTPS addresses. If you had previously enabled HTTPS access try that URL, e.g. https://www.asusrouter.com:8443/

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!