What's new

[Review] Asus RT-AX3000 / RT-AX58U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jayce Ooi

Regular Contributor
Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX3000 Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Hi everyone, meet Asus AX3000 WiFi 6 router. Asus RT-AX3000 also known as RT-AX58U at certain regions. It is powered by 1.5 GHz tri-core processor. Loaded with WPA3 support, Advanced Parental Controls and AiProtection Pro network security powered by Trend Micro. And compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system. It comes with 4 Gigabits LAN and USB 3.1 Gen 1 port. 2 X 2 wireless connection with 160 MHz channels. Having 256MB Flash and 512MB of RAM. Alright, let’s have a closer look…

Thanks for watching. Peace…

Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX3000 Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Hi everyone, meet Asus AX3000 WiFi 6 router. Asus RT-AX3000 also known as RT-AX58U at certain regions. It is powered by 1.5 GHz tri-core processor. Loaded with WPA3 support, Advanced Parental Controls and AiProtection Pro network security powered by Trend Micro. And compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system. It comes with 4 Gigabits LAN and USB 3.1 Gen 1 port. 2 X 2 wireless connection with 160 MHz channels. Having 256MB Flash and 512MB of RAM. Alright, let’s have a closer look…

Thanks for watching. Peace…

What's your preference between the RT-AX82U and the RT-AX58U ? It seems like your numbers are a bit better for the AX82U.

Did you notice any major difference in performance between AX56u vs AX58u?
edit: Particularly when using 80Mhz?

Had to replace a AC86U so decided to give the AX58U a try. Got an Intel AX200 M.2 card for my laptop. Speed is really good. Did a Acronis backup ( about 35Gb in size) to a Synology NAS on our home network (1Gb speed) and got an average of 490/mbps, hardwired I get about 700 so I'm pleased.
Got a 2nd 58U to replace our other 86U (used as access point) and a couple more AX200 cards for the upstairs computers that usually connect to the AP.

Sam

I am also looking to replace my RT AC86U - so do we think that the RT-AX58U or even a 56U will be a good step up? Hoping that it will receive lots of upgrades etc from Asus as the WiFi 6 standard matures.

Had to replace a AC86U so decided to give the AX58U a try. Got an Intel AX200 M.2 card for my laptop. Speed is really good. Did a Acronis backup ( about 35Gb in size) to a Synology NAS on our home network (1Gb speed) and got an average of 490/mbps, hardwired I get about 700 so I'm pleased.
Got a 2nd 58U to replace our other 86U (used as access point) and a couple more AX200 cards for the upstairs computers that usually connect to the AP.

Sam

Can you comment on how far the laptop was from AX58u? Also, what is the link speed shown and whether 160MHz is active?

I am also looking to replace my RT AC86U - so do we think that the RT-AX58U or even a 56U will be a good step up? Hoping that it will receive lots of upgrades etc from Asus as the WiFi 6 standard matures.
Not really. AC86U is a very good router. Unless you have a lot of AX devices now. Else no point to upgrade it.

@Jayce Ooi

Question: What is the current CFE version being used for a stock setup on the AX58U.

Can you comment on how far the laptop was from AX58u? Also, what is the link speed shown and whether 160MHz is active?

laptop was about 12 feet from router, Windows shows the link speed as 2.4/Gbps, yes 160Mhz is active.

sam

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!