What's new

[Review] Asus RT-AX82U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jayce Ooi

Regular Contributor
Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX82U Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Hey guys, meet Asus AX5400 WiFi 6 gaming router with attractive Aura RGB lighting effects. RT-AX82U is powered by 1.5 GHz tri-core processor. Loaded with Mobile Game Mode for a lag-free, low-latency mobile gaming experience. WPA3 support, Advanced Parental Controls and AiProtection Pro network security powered by Trend Micro. Mesh WiFi supported too. It comes with 4 Gigabits LAN with 1 Gaming Port, USB 3.2 Gen 1 port. 4 X 4 wireless connection with 160 MHz channels. Alright, let’s have a closer look…

Thanks for watching. Peace…

This man is the RMerlin of Asus Routers reviews. Thanks for all your hard work, Mr. Ooi.

Peace!

P.S: Thought that with 3 1.5 GHz Cores this AX82U would dethrone my AC86U in USB speeds. I was gladly proved wrong by your results.

I have my WPS button set to disable LEDs on my current router and accidentally pressed it the other day. You know what, it's actually pretty nice with basic LEDs off and I'll probably keep it this way! Definitely wouldn't want to go the other way and have something with RGB flashing away in the corner of my sitting room!

I seem to be the opposite kind of user to whoever this is targeted at, it just doesn't appeal to me visually... The AX86U looks great though imo.

I have my WPS button set to disable LEDs on my current router and accidentally pressed it the other day. You know what, it's actually pretty nice with basic LEDs off and I'll probably keep it this way! Definitely wouldn't want to go the other way and have something with RGB flashing away in the corner of my sitting room!

I seem to be the opposite kind of user to whoever this is targeted at, it just doesn't appeal to me visually... The AX86U looks great though imo.
I cannot wait for the AX86u to be out already!

Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX82U Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Hey guys, meet Asus AX5400 WiFi 6 gaming router with attractive Aura RGB lighting effects. RT-AX82U is powered by 1.5 GHz tri-core processor. Loaded with Mobile Game Mode for a lag-free, low-latency mobile gaming experience. WPA3 support, Advanced Parental Controls and AiProtection Pro network security powered by Trend Micro. Mesh WiFi supported too. It comes with 4 Gigabits LAN with 1 Gaming Port, USB 3.2 Gen 1 port. 4 X 4 wireless connection with 160 MHz channels. Alright, let’s have a closer look…

Thanks for watching. Peace…

Great work, I actually watch all your videos, if you can get your hands on the AX86u next that'd be awesome! Subscribed already

Hi man,

Great review, thanks for that. I've two questions. It seems like it isn't possible, but can you confirm it is possible to mount it on a wall? Or do I have to be creative when I buy this router :) Also, is it possible to use Merlin?

Thanks

Hi man,

Great review, thanks for that. I've two questions. It seems like it isn't possible, but can you confirm it is possible to mount it on a wall? Or do I have to be creative when I buy this router :) Also, is it possible to use Merlin?

Thanks
Thanks. :)

Wall mount is not possible unless you make a custom one. And no Merlin firmware yet.

Thanks. Does that mean that Merlin is coming, or not sure about that? Sorry, I am new to Asus, dont know how these things go normally.

It depends if Sir Merlin has the time, motivation, energy, hands on device etc. No promises but is possible. (Read this from another thread)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!