What's new

[Review] Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jayce Ooi

Regular Contributor
Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Hello everyone, meet my very first mesh WiFi system from Asus. ZenWiFi AX Mini (XD4) is powered by a quad-core processor. AX1800 dual-band with MU-MIMO support. WPA3 encryption with AiProtection network security powered by Trend Micro. It comes with 1 Gigabit LAN port and 1 WAN port which also can act as LAN port. 2 X 2 wireless connection. Having 256MB Flash and 512MB of RAM. How does it perform? Let’s find out…

I'm curious. Do you find it odd that they haven't released an update for it since July of 2022? Is it already EOL?

It may not be on the EOL list, but the writing is on the wall.

Buyer beware.

And if using as a main router, user beware too.

You're replying to an over, 3-year-old post, from a poster who hasn't been on the forums since.

Current buyer, sure. What about people who bought these new a few years ago? I recommended this to a neighbor when it was about 6 months old, expecting 8 years of support, based on Asus’ track record. I’m furious. Sure, my AX88 works great for me, but they need AI Mesh, given that it’s a mesh system.

Grrr…

8 years support? That's being patently optimistic.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!