What's new

Roaming assistant RSSI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

micropon

New Around Here
I have 2 asus routers ac68u and rt66n.. I'm trying to setup rssi to drop clients lower then -60 to the 66n I read the forums but the nvram command doesnt work using putty.. after i enter command then nvram commit then reboot still shows -90 on the advanced page

the routers are set AP mode the main 68u port 1 to port 2 on the 66n via cat 6 200ft run

routers are 200 ft apart 2800sqft house

i believe the min is -70 db and max is -90db

the aim is to have the crossover point where both transmissions are about -50db , booting at -60db doesnt make much sense

I have 2 asus routers ac68u and rt66n.. I'm trying to setup rssi to drop clients lower then -60 to the 66n I read the forums but the nvram command doesnt work using putty.. after i enter command then nvram commit then reboot still shows -90 on the advanced page

the routers are set AP mode the main 68u port 1 to port 2 on the 66n via cat 6 200ft run

-70 dbm is highest it will accept, when ever you put -60 it default to lowest in this case -90

in main router 68u all clients connected are -78,-76,-71,-59,-55 rssi and the 66n has 3 clients -33,-33,-36 i will add screen shots later today

68u I set to 2.4/5 -80 to disconnect
and the 66n -70 to disconnect.. i'm starting to think the main can handle all wifi any thoughts

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!