What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So while I appreciate the new 28nm process, 8 gigabit ports, good routing performance, etc...

It seems that this router's wifi doesn't work all that great. I get random disconnects and have a tough time with a steady connection. Kind of annoying considering the price. Neat SoC, terrible reliability so far.

I'd recommend avoiding this until the platform matures.

Try disabling Airtime Fairness.

@RMerlin @irev210 I too had similar connectivity issues solved by disabling "Airtime Fairness." At this point I find my GT-AC5300 seems pretty stable, looking forward to Asus solving the Airtime Fairness issue and GUI issues in future updates.

i am planning this get this router , should i get this or wait some time?
i need a dual band high range router.

Its still a bit buggy. As long as you use good cables and have it reboot every day it should be good. At least for me.
i am ok with this , but some users are complaining about over heating and dead router. that makes me worry , because i will have to import it in my country and if any problem occur , i will not be able to get refund.

i am ok with this , but some users are complaining about over heating and dead router. that makes me worry , because i will have to import it in my country and if any problem occur , i will not be able to get refund.

My first one died in 24 hours. The 2nd one is perfect.

Why not just wait till it comes on sale, I assume in India, rather than go through hassles if anything is defective.

So while I appreciate the new 28nm process, 8 gigabit ports, good routing performance, etc...

It seems that this router's wifi doesn't work all that great. I get random disconnects and have a tough time with a steady connection. Kind of annoying considering the price. Neat SoC, terrible reliability so far.

I'd recommend avoiding this until the platform matures.
With this specs its my kind of router.

15 on 1 specs.....

Anyone know if the "Vickey" feature is in next firmware update?

This place and router needs attention..

i am planning this get this router , should i get this or wait some time?
i need a dual band high range router.

Look for the RT-AC88U instead if that's all you need - no point in paying extra for a three-bands router.

I have resolved the HP Envy 7645 Printer Issue.

The HP Envy 7645 originally shipped with this firmware, which is not compatible with the GT-AC5300:
NSM2CN1537AR Built Date 2015-09-07

The GT-AC5300 is only compatible with the current firmware:
NSM2CN1628AR Built Date 2016-07-07

Now, back to the Sonos issue. But I keep pretty current on those updates, so I don't think it will be as easy.

Is there a internal USB? Im having trouble getting keys to work after I tested with changing the date 6 months ahead. Im thinking if I could setup a internal thumb drive either soldered in or not I could bypass protocol and the key last 8+ years. I wouldn't want to harass the internals by breaking protocol.

An attractive feature of this router, for me is VPN Fusion. I work as an independent contractor, and sometimes need to VPN into client networks. They use my static IP as an additional security check. My understanding of VPN Fusion is that it will 'disconnect' the computer using VPN Fusion from the router based VPN, and instead route me directly (with my ISP IP).I was hoping to run the entire router as an OpenVPN Client with NordVPN service for the entire network, then use the VPN Fusion, as needed. Is my understanding of this correct? Is the VPN Fusion implemented yet? Does this router have the horsepower needed to run as an OpenVPN client for an entire network? (Router as client) Thanks for any help.

Yes its very atractive. I had a friend that used it exclusively for her work. shes a little hard on devices so she probably not using it now.

We were great until a head-on collision and 3rd party agents went in and messed it up. Spent thousands of weekends staying all night being a friend.

Anyways is good to see the name Fusion on products. Its better than Fission.

Edit: Do network agents charge a Pheo for support for major failure and stuff you already know? Is it based on tears like Jr Network Agents and regular Network Agents? If so what a way to force into poverty.

Last edited:
No VPN in general. VPN Fusion seems to be not added yet. Why i did'nt specify.(owners)

Edit. As a expert in passive security Id advise against using a "consumer" or "gamer" routers in live business environments. There are routers specific for it, it would seem un-pro to consider one. You can use one at home/secondary though.

Last edited:
Your friend used the "VPN Fusion" feature on a ROG Rapture?
Id gladly support your VPN Nord admin. I bet your services would do good in handling issues properly with rogue agents. Free ads. Still a gamer router is bad for business, FW issues, Fusion not there yet etc etc too many to list.

Any one have any "fixes" for random drop of connection (including Ethernet) and or random reboots? I send Asus a message with my logs for them to look over to see if there is anything they can do

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!