What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I work at Micro Center! (Saint Louis,Mo) Lol. I also own the GT5300, I am blown away by the speed and features of it, however the reliability of the firmwares are obviously an issue for many. The Asus rep said they are focusing on aimesh technology and the triband routers are causing some issues, so I assume that is what is pushing back the GT5300's updates. I still recommend it as they almost always (eventually) fix it all up.

I tried and had issues with most firmwares since release including BETAs but the last BETA released by Asus hasn't given me any problems. I haven't even had to reboot my router. I highly recommend it:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1oqeaAefItZ3zKzuXrngo6rqfYwMhhF_U

Does the units, upnp have open nat with two consoles using the same port yet, the same way merlin's firmware does? or is still the same as normal stock firmware.

I tried and had issues with most firmwares since release including BETAs but the last BETA released by Asus hasn't given me any problems. I haven't even had to reboot my router. I highly recommend it:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1oqeaAefItZ3zKzuXrngo6rqfYwMhhF_U

Ya I have been running this Firmware for awhile now pretty stable still needs some work I notice recently the WTFast service when cutting it on the boxes goes empty so I dunno what is up with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the units, upnp have open nat with two consoles using the same port yet, the same way merlin's firmware does? or is still the same as normal stock firmware.
It works well. We have two xbox ones and if i look in the logs it has assingned two different ports. They play nice together.

It works well. We have two xbox ones and if i look in the logs it has assingned two different ports. They play nice together.
I mean when both of them are set to the same port number I'm just quirios if there has been a port conflict fix added.

Can you please check the port number both consoles use, and make sure that it's the same number, and the nat type of both consoles.

Think I will wait for the official release which might not be to far away,good to hear the latest beta is running well though

Think I will wait for the official release which might not be to far away,good to hear the latest beta is running well though

It’s been nearly 5 months since the last official firmware, I guess it has to come sooner than later. If there are issues with this next firmware how long do you think it will be before it’s fixed?

It’s been nearly 5 months since the last official firmware, I guess it has to come sooner than later. If there are issues with this next firmware how long do you think it will be before it’s fixed?

I agree with you

I live in Brazil and bought the GT at USA, so there is no way to return it, i would return if i can.... i have 2 bugs, but this 2 bugs drives me crazy and never had at RT-AC5300

Media Server stuck at scanning HD after a reboot and Gaming ports dropping wan connections when PC turns off

Never had this at all my Asus routers before and i had a couple of Asus routers before

I have decided to drop PIA and stick with NordVPN as they have the more stable and faster OpenVPN connection. L2TP seemed to drop service every couple hours.

I also reverted to the latest version of the official firmware because the beta would not allow amazon.com on NordVPN. The official firmware seems to work.

The official firmware does not work when setting the VPN as your default connection. So for now, until they fix it, I will just have to make an exception for all my devices and make the default connection direct internet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!