What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I got those syslog entries when changing QoS settings but I haven't gotten them after rebooting. I don't know of a good way to test if QoS is working other than playing a game on one machine whilst transferring files, etc. on another...

Run this over SSH:

Code:
tc qdisc show

If you see a few dozen entries, then it means QoS is configured.

From what I see, the QoS in this router does not work well, if I activate the QoS and deactivate the gameboost, the errors disappear, but others disappear every hour.

Jan 28 21:01:29 kernel: ERR ... udb_ioctl_op_dc_get_ips_rt_event: hooknum for vp must be 1 or 3
Jan 28 21:01:29 kernel: ERR ... udb_ioctl_op_dc_get_ips_rt_event: hooknum for vp must be 1 or 3

The strange thing is that if you pay for the router and turn it on again, the QoS and the wifi programming will be deactivated.

From what I see the QoS in this router does not work well, if I activate the QoS and deactivate the gameboost the errors disappear but others leave just at every hour.
The strange thing is that if you pay for the router and turn it on again, the QoS and the wifi programming will be deactivated.

What do you mean, exactly, by "activate the QoS?

What do you mean by "wifi programming will be deactivated"?

After you upgraded, did you hard reset the router and manually reconfigure everything? I had constant errors before hard resetting it (power-cycling it didn't do enough).

What do you mean, exactly, by "activate the QoS?

What do you mean by "wifi programming will be deactivated"?

After you upgraded, did you hard reset the router and manually reconfigure everything? I had constant errors before hard resetting it (power-cycling it didn't do enough).

I mean that if I activate the QOS, the errors that I mentioned above are continually coming out.
If I deactivate it, I get others that repeat themselves every hour.
I have enabled the wireless programmer to enable and disable the wifi according to the times when we are at home, if I turn off the router and turn it on again the program is lost.
When you update the firmware, reset the router and configure it from 0

I mean that if I activate the QOS, the errors that I mentioned above are continually coming out.
I have enabled the wireless programmer to enable and disable the wifi according to the times when we are at home, if I turn off the router and turn it on again the program is lost.
Qos is broken. In traditional mode all qos settings are lost if you reboot the router

I see, two separate issues: WiFi schedule and QoS.

Which QoS settings are you using? Type? Bandwidth? Mode?
I'm using Adaptive/Auto/Custom and I don't get errors.

I hoph that asus gives the unit a togtog switch for open aka full cone nat and secure for default nat, like netgear does.

I hoph that asus gives the unit a togtog switch for open aka full cone nat and secure for default nat, like netgear does.
Use the feedback function on the router for Asus to see it.

In the meantime, wouldn't using iptables work? (yes, a lot more difficult and prone to pilot error)

ItsI the main rereason w i havent bought one yet, other than the exorbitant price. Can't use iptables you need to patch it at the firmware levellforlitlevelto stick and it requires more than just ip tables, Merlin got it working onotheon 86u I've read which mean that asus could do it aince they have source code acess.

Last edited:
Just updated to the new firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20287) myself. Did a factory reset.
I'm only getting the 2.4ghz and 5G-1 and no 5G-2. Do you guys have the same problem?

Upon checking wireless log there is no 5G-2 broadcasting.
Also in the wireless settings, the 5G-2 is set to "Current Control Channel: 0" and it doesn't let me change it.

Could the 5G-2 be reserved for the AiMesh backchannel?
I had the same issue when I upgraded from the router software using "check" button from "Firmware upgrade" tab. After that, i downloaded (using Chrome) the firmware version from the official Asus site and i use this time "upload" button from "Firmware upgrade" tab. This time i have all working good.
Conclusion: Apparently there were 2 different firmware, one that you can download directly from router GUI and another one that you can download from the official Asus site. The good one is that from the official Asus site.

Hope that helps.

I have updated mine to latest firmware via my iPad and everything has stayed the same such my named network devices,should I do a factory reset or just leave it as is.
Thanks

With latest official firmware every thing is running great except the traditional QOS. Smart connect is also working like a champ. Whenevet i have two demanding devices they apear on separete radios.

How is the "View List (Clients) still broken. This has been broken on my old ASUS Routers and still broken after this update. The devices connected appear and disappear. If ASUS cant get this feature working why not just remove it.

If you run gaming devices off the gaming ports is it necessary to even run QOS?

If you run gaming devices off the gaming ports is it necessary to even run QOS?
Maybe. Perhaps disabling QoS, reboot, and using RMerlin's suggestion above (tc qdisc show in SSH) to see if those ports are still prioritized.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to run QoS when you have multiple devices using this rather expensive router.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to run QoS when you have multiple devices using this rather expensive router.
I you have a 1 gbps WAN connection the changes of it being saturated is near zero. Just finding an actual speed test that saturate it is difficult.

I have a gb wan connection with wired devices getting about 750mbps and wireless devices up to 400mbps but obviously not all at once. The reason i use qos is because i have 30 or so devices trying to hit the net at any given time. It is amazing how 15 or so small devices can cause a pause in service. There is plenty for all but they need to know when it is their time to eat at the kill. QOS especially Traditional QOS allows me to specify who takes presidence when they all come in at once.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!