What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can someone do me a huge favor? Turn on traditional qos either delete a few rules or add a few rules then save. Reboot the router and see if your changes hold or if they revert back. Asus is telling me they can't replicate this issue but im calling BS. Thanks

For those that don't know once you turn on traditional qos and click save, you will find a drop down menu in they upper right corner with an option to change the rules.

Anyone have a Arris Surboard 8200 and this router? How do I make a route or something to allow me to access the modem diagnostics page? IE: 192.160.100.1 My DHCP is set for 192.168.0.100 - .200. For some reason I cant access the 192.160.100.1 page, but 192.160.100.1:8080 to the spectrum analyzer works.

Anyone have a Arris Surboard 8200 and this router? How do I make a route or something to allow me to access the modem diagnostics page? IE: 192.160.100.1 My DHCP is set for 192.168.0.100 - .200. For some reason I cant access the 192.160.100.1 page, but 192.160.100.1:8080 to the spectrum analyzer works.

I have an SB8200 and I have had no issues accessing the diagnostic page at 192.168.100.1. In fact I check it several times a day compulsively checking my signals trying to figure out if it’s the modem or router giving me poor performance while playing online games with my Xbox One.

I have an SB8200 and I have had no issues accessing the diagnostic page at 192.168.100.1. In fact I check it several times a day compulsively checking my signals trying to figure out if it’s the modem or router giving me poor performance while playing online games with my Xbox One.

Whats your DHCP range, Im told if I change my range to be on the .1.x instead of .0.x it will work.

I had to give up on AIMesh on 20308 and went to wired APs instead. I initialized both so many times and it would never locate the nodes, even when it was less than a foot away.

Has anybody had this issue?
Make sure that your 2.4Ghz band is enabled. If it is not enabled, you will not be able to configure AiMesh.

Ive been starting to wonder the same thing about my modem to be honest. Funny thing is I was told to stay away from any modem that runs the Puma 6 chipset. Which by what ive come across so far is a lot of brands use this chipset. But not all models. The tricky part is to find out which ones dont run this chipset. The way I'm understanding it is those that do have this puma 6 chipset cause these lag spikes! Not little lag spikes either 250ms and up! Ive now talked to the game developer that told me that its likely my problem. They (being the game developers) say when they detect very large lag spikes from ones connection they throttle your upload speed down to nothing and slowly bring it back up until another is detected in the game. Which they feel confident will cause this slowing effect. Something I notice is when the game first starts it plays fine then falls apart and really never fully recovers. It feels like it falls out of synch. Arris is one of the brands not to mention Netgear, Cisco, and others. I am going to investigate this more. But something tells me I may be shopping for a new modem.. One without the Puma 6 chipset. How old is your modem? I'm not thinking this router is the cause..

Ive been starting to wonder the same thing about my modem to be honest. Funny thing is I was told to stay away from any modem that runs the Puma 6 chipset. Which by what ive come across so far is a lot of brands use this chipset. But not all models. The tricky part is to find out which ones dont run this chipset. The way I'm understanding it is those that do have this puma 6 chipset cause these lag spikes! Not little lag spikes either 250ms and up! Ive now talked to the game developer that told me that its likely my problem. They (being the game developers) say when they detect very large lag spikes from ones connection they throttle your upload speed down to nothing and slowly bring it back up until another is detected in the game. Which they feel confident will cause this slowing effect. Something I notice is when the game first starts it plays fine then falls apart and really never fully recovers. It feels like it falls out of synch. Arris is one of the brands not to mention Netgear, Cisco, and others. I am going to investigate this more. But something tells me I may be shopping for a new modem.. One without the Puma 6 chipset. How old is your modem? I'm not thinking this router is the cause..

If you're in the market for a new modem and your ISP supports it. Try the Motorola MB8600: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0723599RQ/?tag=snbforums-20

It has a good ol' Broadcom chip in it and I have a few friends who have this on Comcast with no issues doing any gaming, streaming or webpages.

If you want to go cheaper, you could look up the 24x8 Netgear CM600: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGZBCKP/?tag=snbforums-20

Forget the CM700, it's a Puma 6 chip as does the Arris SB6190

The Arris SB8200 does not have the puma 6 chipset. I made sure of this before I bought it because my old Arris 6190 did.

If you're in the market for a new modem and your ISP supports it. Try the Motorola MB8600: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0723599RQ/?tag=snbforums-20

It has a good ol' Broadcom chip in it and I have a few friends who have this on Comcast with no issues doing any gaming, streaming or webpages.

If you want to go cheaper, you could look up the 24x8 Netgear CM600: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGZBCKP/?tag=snbforums-20

Forget the CM700, it's a Puma 6 chip as does the Arris SB6190
Thanks Chris.. I have Charter Spectrum so I will have to see if that's an acceptable modem.. Broadcom chip is the one I was told to get.. I just sure hope being on a residential connection and not a business connection is my cause.. Last time I checked I think the SB6183 was acceptable with Charter. And I think that's a Broadcom chip also I will check into these.. Thanks again!

Thanks Chris.. I have Charter Spectrum so I will have to see if that's an acceptable modem.. Broadcom chip is the one I was told to get.. I just sure hope being on a residential connection and not a business connection is my cause.. Last time I checked I think the SB6183 was acceptable with Charter. And I think that's a Broadcom chip also I will check into these.. Thanks again!

I believe you can use a 6183 on Charter. It's Broadcom and was widely recommended during the whole Puma 6 debacle. Either that or the CM600, but this is Comcast, not Charter. So, the 6183 is 16x4 and will do up to 400 pretty good. Good luck if you choose the 6183 as the modem to use. May you get every drop of performance out of your connection.

To my great surprise ipset and is match extensions are missing from GT-AC5300 router.
What a Crock of shirte...

Ipset has never been supported by the stock firmware.

Looks like another update may be dropping soon....379 has been released for all other supported routers. Maybe we'll get lucky to have it before the Chinese New Year (2/16, so tomorrow in their time zone??).

Is there a way to change the lan ports from auto-negotiate to a set 1gb full duplex on the GT-AC5300? I’m wondering if this is the issue I’m having with gaming ports 1-2 because they are constantly negotiating however all other ports never do.

That's the wrong IP (you have 160 repeatedly; it's 168)

I have the SB6183 and can browse to the modem's status page (in fact, I have a program grab that status page every hour and log it). Your DHCP settings aren't an issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!