What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's the wrong IP (you have 160 repeatedly; it's 168)

I have the SB6183 and can browse to the modem's status page (in fact, I have a program grab that status page every hour and log it). Your DHCP settings aren't an issue.

It was just a typo. There are known issues with the 8200 and it not working on "certain" ip ranges. Why I was asking if anyone knew of a router path/fix instead of having to change my DHCP IPs to be on a "supported" range.
I ended up just using .50.x and it works, just annoying since I had to change all my static ips/port fwds.

I noticed something when port forwarding. When I open selected ports in the WAN Virtual server/port forward do I also need to open ports in the Gamers Profile? I'm confused why we have two areas.. I'm just wondering if we need to open at both.. Also as far as UPnP if using port forwarding should I disable UPnP then? Not sure if it would make sense to keep it enabled.. Thanks!

For some reasons port forwarding is in 2 places. I've always used the one under Wan and it works properly.
If you don't plan for a device that knows only upnp (usually console) disable upnp.

For some reasons port forwarding is in 2 places. I've always used the one under Wan and it works properly.
If you don't plan for a device that knows only upnp (usually console) disable upnp.
Thanks drabisan! The way your doing it is the way I am also..

Guys I'm new here..
This seems like an active topic on the GT AC5300.

I can find out how to search a specific thread.

But.. just got my 5300 yesterday.
But it's much slower than my old linksys.
Linksys is in 900+ Mbps
and
AC5300 is in 300's Mbps.

Can't find out whats wrong.

Any help or redirection to the correct thread.
thanks

Guys I'm new here..
This seems like an active topic on the GT AC5300.

I can find out how to search a specific thread.

But.. just got my 5300 yesterday.
But it's much slower than my old linksys.
Linksys is in 900+ Mbps
and
AC5300 is in 300's Mbps.

Can't find out whats wrong.

Any help or redirection to the correct thread.
thanks

Make sure you updated the firmware, I had same issues with the out of the box firmware.

Can anyone help me with Centurylink actiontec c1900a / GT-Ac5300. I just got a new centurylink dsl single line 40 meg line vs a double 20 meg bonded line i previously had
. I cannot for the life of me get the transparent bridging to work.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with Centurylink actiontec c1900a / GT-Ac5300. I just got a new centurylink dsl single line 40 meg line vs a double 20 meg bonded line i previously had
. I cannot for the life of me get the transparent bridging to work.
Put your Actiontec into transparent bridge mode then go into your ASUS router and click on the WAN tab and make sure its set up for PPPoE. You may also have to enter your password and credentials in there in order for it to work.. Give that a try. Good luck!

Put your Actiontec into transparent bridge mode then go into your ASUS router and click on the WAN tab and make sure its set up for PPPoE. You may also have to enter your password and credentials in there in order for it to work.. Give that a try. Good luck!

New service works on IPOE. I called for my PPP credentials and was told I have none assosiated as I am IPOE. It was the same before. I have 3 choices on my centurylink modem ...Transparent Bridging, transparent bridging untagged, and transparent bridgeing tagged -0. It used to be transparent bridgeing 8/35 and it always worked but since firmware updates on the centurylink side those options are gone. Wasted hours on with centurylink and they tell me its my router. No settings on router have changed only the service from centurylink has changed. They say I must change the vci settings under my router wan connection, which there aren't any obviously.

New service works on IPOE. I called for my PPP credentials and was told I have none assosiated as I am IPOE. It was the same before. I have 3 choices on my centurylink modem ...Transparent Bridging, transparent bridging untagged, and transparent bridgeing tagged -0. It used to be transparent bridgeing 8/35 and it always worked but since firmware updates on the centurylink side those options are gone. Wasted hours on with centurylink and they tell me its my router. No settings on router have changed only the service from centurylink has changed. They say I must change the vci settings under my router wan connection, which there aren't any obviously.
You wont find any vci settings in this router as far as I'm aware of. This router is a Ethernet router not a ATM router. Unless I'm missing something.. But currently is your modem in bridge mode or don't you know because those settings are gone? I feel the problem is on the modem side.

You wont find any vci settings in this router as far as I'm aware of. This router is a Ethernet router not a ATM router. Unless I'm missing something.. But currently is your modem in bridge mode or don't you know because those settings are gone? I feel the problem is on the modem side.
ATM VPI/VCI settings are used between the modem and the ISP--the modem's WAN interface, which should have nothing to do with disabling its router unless there are different bridging modes.
I would go over the modem's manual myself rather than any tech support.

ATM VPI/VCI settings are used between the modem and the ISP--the modem's WAN interface, which should have nothing to do with disabling its router unless there are different bridging modes.
I would go over the modem's manual myself rather than any tech support.
You did a much better way of explaining it.. My experiences have never been good when talking to most ISP. Specially your bigger type. It honestly takes me a good 15mins just going through there menu before I get a human.

Does anyone know if having a double NAT if that could cause some problems with online gaming? I'm wondering if that maybe my issue with this slowing effect I'm getting while gaming online? And is not really the router but the fact that I might actually being going through a double NAT. The game performs so weird. Funny thing is it starts out decent but then it almost seems like I fall out of sync.. If anyone has thoughts on this I'm all ears! Something tells me I maybe going through a double NAT and this is my issue.. Thanks!

Does anyone know if having a double NAT if that could cause some problems with online gaming? I'm wondering if that maybe my issue with this slowing effect I'm getting while gaming online? And is not really the router but the fact that I might actually being going through a double NAT. The game performs so weird. Funny thing is it starts out decent but then it almost seems like I fall out of sync.. If anyone has thoughts on this I'm all ears! Something tells me I maybe going through a double NAT and this is my issue.. Thanks!
In theory it shouldn't matter but...practice frequently doesn't match theory.
I certainly wouldn't have mine set up that way (though my virtual machines are and I don't have an issue but I don't play games or have any high-traffic/low-latency demands on them either).
Did the manual show a way to bridge the modem?
Can you play your game without the router, only the with the modem? That would save you a lot of guessing if what you're experiencing is from outside your network.

In theory it shouldn't matter but...practice frequently doesn't match theory.
I certainly wouldn't have mine set up that way (though my virtual machines are and I don't have an issue but I don't play games or have any high-traffic/low-latency demands on them either).
Did the manual show a way to bridge the modem?
Can you play your game without the router, only the with the modem? That would save you a lot of guessing if what you're experiencing is from outside your network.
Thanks Rolo for your reply.. You know years back we always had an option to put our modem in bridge mode. But over the years that feature has disappeared. I think when my ISP provisions any modem it takes features like that out. And yes I can directly connect my xbox to the modem and it will connect. Many gamers I run into tell me that my troubles are from my ISP.. That the only way to get things to work properly is get a business connection from my provider. I have talked to Spectrum and they told me I can get there business connection but I have to use there router and modem. I can not use my own.. Which is a bit sad because even with the troubles ive had with this ASUS I still think its a fantastic router. Or I see good potential with it.. I'm going to test more directly connecting to my modem.. Make sure its not doing the same thing.. I was going to disable the NAT in the ASUS router and see what would happen. I just don't want to start to chase down all these rabbit holes to figure a solution.. And I'm not even sure what might happen if I disable my NAT in my router.. Are you with Comcas? Thanks again!

I'm with TWC/Spectrum; I used to have Comcast and I had to switch to Comcast business due to data caps (glad I'm not with them anymore).

You can't just disable NAT. You really should take the time to learn the basics if IP networking so you don't frustrate yourself with misinformation and guesswork.

Consoles seem to have their own issues and since ColecoVision was my last console, I cannot speak on them.

If your ISP is the issue, all the more reason just to plug the Xbox into the modem directly to rule out your router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!