What's new

Release ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 3.0.0.4.386.45898 (2021/10/06)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TBolley

Occasional Visitor
ASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45898
1. Fix AiMesh web page multi-language issues.
2. Fix Let's encrypt issues.
3. Fix Stored XSS vulnerability.
4. Fix CVE-2021-41435, CVE-2021-41436.
Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean
Georgios Kambourakis, European Commission at the European Joint Research Centre
Constantinos Kolias, University of Idaho.
5. Fix Stack overflow vulnerability. Thanks to Jixing Wang (@chamd5) contribution.
6. Fix information disclosure vulnerability .Thanks to CataLpa from DBappSecurity Co.,Ltd Hatlab and 360 Alpha Lab contribution.

The device claims to be "Disconnected" from the internet (which is false, I'm connected to it right now). More seriously, it won't properly perform a check for a new firmware version. This firmware appears to have completely broken checks for future firmware updates. I see a thread on Reddit about the exact same issue.

So I guess you should all prepare to perform a manual firmware upgrade at some time in the near future.

It really is a shame that Asus has fubar'd 2 firmware releases in the past 6 months (first one was broken internal DNS server).

Last edited:
I have been manually checking for a new firmware update here. In the past year, they have been on a ~2-12 week cadence. I suspect they have a plan for the fix, but are working on communications to their less technical customers (similar to this). The next update will definitely require manually downloading the firmware bundle and uploading it to the device via the web ui.

I do wish they'd move that forward, although I understand being thorough. The red light and incorrect "Disconnected" messaging are really frustrating. Fortunately, I had already written my own uptime monitor, so I know my true historical uptime.

This firmware I thought was running fine, but after a week I started to notice little things like IG stories would buffer or stop working altogether. Also found that some downloads would be corrupted/incomplete. Streaming videos would sometimes start to lose resolution and get funky. Note that speed tests showed my normal speeds, ping would be 1-2ms higher, and ping deviation would be above 1.0 when "idling." Hard reset and reconfig did not help.

I've gone back to 45375, for now and all of those issues have cleared up.

This firmware I thought was running fine, but after a week I started to notice little things like IG stories would buffer or stop working altogether. Also found that some downloads would be corrupted/incomplete. Streaming videos would sometimes start to lose resolution and get funky. Note that speed tests showed my normal speeds, ping would be 1-2ms higher, and ping deviation would be above 1.0 when "idling." Hard reset and reconfig did not help.

I've gone back to 45375, for now and all of those issues have cleared up.
Interesting. I haven't had these issues, at least I don't think I have.

I rarely use IG; I have strong sentiments about all things "Meta," but those belong in another forum. ;)

Streaming video from major providers (Disney+, Netflix, HBOMax) does briefly lose fidelity sometimes, but you never really know with that. I have been planning to stream Dune (2021) on HBOMax in 4K, so now I wonder if this will impact me. I do also stream music via Spotify a lot, and to multiple devices on my LAN, and it's been fine. I haven't noticed any downloads failing to complete.

I do frequently use teleconference software. Since installing this firmware update, I've used Zoom, WebEx, MS Teams, and Google Meet. I have used video on many of these platforms, as well, and they have performed pretty well.

All the same, based on your post, now I'm trying to think of ways to run a recurring job that might capture if this is happening to me or not.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!