What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It comes with a CAT 5E Ethernet cable, which should work pretty well in most scenarios, I suppose. Personally, I haven't used anything lower than CAT 6 for the better part of a decade. Just peace of mind in knowing that I have higher speed/quality cables.

I purchased a 2-pack of CAT 8 cables on Amazon the same day I purchased the AX11000. They were surprisingly cheap, and I could not be any happier. The quality is top notch, and they work amazingly well. I can't find this particular item in a 2-pack anymore, and the link from my order history is redirecting to a different brand. However, a direct search returns plenty of other true CAT 8 cables rated @ 40Gbps/2000Mhz.
mAmf7hg.png
Thanks for the headsup, just ordered them as well

How come there hasn't been a new firmware since June, I expected more attention from ASUS for their flagship model

Possibly that the router and FW is settling in and doesn't seem to be much issue with it. At least in router mode.

I do have a open ticket with the GT coming out of Wireless Bridge mode back to Router mode. The UI Setup wizard seems to get stuck or not correctly identify that a PW value has been entered in to the PW box for the SSID configuration it expects. After putting in a PW value, and selecting NEXT, there is a popup that says the PW field can't be blank. WTH? This only happens when selecting the Tri-Band configuration setup wizard when configuring the GT from wireless bridge back to router mode. Using the Standard Wifi setup configuration that separates the SSID names and PWs for each of the 3 radios doesn't show this pop up failing with a blank field.

ASUS says they haven't been able to reproduce. I'm still pushing back on it. o_O

I have not seen any issues with the GT regards to BB or any kind of slowness in wired or wireless networking speeds. I must say this is the first ASUS router that out performs other Mfr router of near or same class features. Little or no fiddling of the router is needed since getting it setup and and online. Gaming with two game consoles has been fine with no issues.

Waiting on CoD:MW to appear so we can see how it really does with MP gaming. ;)

Possible how you have your GT and your ISP configuration set maybe a factor and reason why others may not have same configuration or seeing what you only seem to be the only one having problems with.

Hopefully ASUS can work this out with you.

3 Hard Factory Resets and weeks later and there's still no root cause. CEO Office stepped in to see what they can do...but...I'm starting to think I'm the only one with this use case/issue. Might have to jump off of the GT-AX11000 train...

It's been a fun ride...I'll spare your time and only update if ASUS comes up with a fix/solution for my issue. Since nobody else on the forum is experiencing it, I'll lay low!

If anybody owns the GT-AX11000 and after updating to the latest firmware have experienced buffer bloat and a complete slowness and found a fix - PLEASE PM me. :)

Be safe, and play nice kids! :p

Anybody notice a problem with the iOS Asus Router app whereby Devices will list properly once the router is initially setup or rebooted. Then, at some point, the Devices no longer show on the iOS app unless the router is restarted. This issue appears to be related to the iOS Asus Router app as the same happens with various Asus routers (GT-AC5300, GT-AX11000, AX88u, etc.). I'm hoping Asus will fix this as seeing a list of my devices remotely is meaningful.

New Firmware!

Version 3.0.0.4.384.64362019/09/2370.6 MBytes

ASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.6436
Security fix
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.

Bug fix
- Fixed web control interface login problem.
- Fixed Network map clist list issues.
- Fixed VPN fusion related bugs.
- Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
- Improved AiMesh compatibility.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed User interface related bugs.

Could anyone please check what is the maximum limit on the number of port forwarding services on ASUS GT-AX11000? Thanks!

Something you might ask ASUS about.

Could anyone please check what is the maximum limit on the number of port forwarding services on ASUS GT-AX11000? Thanks!

Last edited:
I just got my AX11000 in the past week to replace my AC87U. I will saw that the AX has a lot more to it then the AC and I am still trying to learn how to get the most out of it. My AC ran OK but I noticed once I went to streaming after cutting the cord it was just not happy and I had to reboot it a lot more.

For the AX my 2.4 and 5.0 both have a single log in as I have about 30 devices connected to it and I have many Ring and Amazon devices. I am wondering how I can force my Xbox to go on the 5.0 instead of the 2.4. It keeps on swapping between the two and I would like it to stay on the 5.0. The two are only about 15 feet apart but the are in different floors.

Also is there a good read or video going over the break down of all what the AX can do? Right now I am just piecing it together. This is the first router that I have had that I can do so much with it.

Thanks

You can make the WiFi SSID names separate on the AX router if you want to give that a try. You might take a look into the advanced wifi settings to see if there is anything to help the xbox out to keep it connected to the 5Ghz radio.

Is there any other wifi neighbors or signals near by?

Why not connect the xbox via wired instead? This is preferred over wireless.

What FW version is your router using?
I just got my AX11000 in the past week to replace my AC87U. I will saw that the AX has a lot more to it then the AC and I am still trying to learn how to get the most out of it. My AC ran OK but I noticed once I went to streaming after cutting the cord it was just not happy and I had to reboot it a lot more.

For the AX my 2.4 and 5.0 both have a single log in as I have about 30 devices connected to it and I have many Ring and Amazon devices. I am wondering how I can force my Xbox to go on the 5.0 instead of the 2.4. It keeps on swapping between the two and I would like it to stay on the 5.0. The two are only about 15 feet apart but the are in different floors.

Also is there a good read or video going over the break down of all what the AX can do? Right now I am just piecing it together. This is the first router that I have had that I can do so much with it.

Thanks

You can make the WiFi SSID names separate on the AX router if you want to give that a try. You might take a look into the advanced wifi settings to see if there is anything to help the xbox out to keep it connected to the 5Ghz radio.

Is there any other wifi neighbors or signals near by?

Why not connect the xbox via wired instead? This is preferred over wireless.

What FW version is your router using?

I live in a subdivision so I see a lot of other signals.

My Xbox is upstairs and my router is on top of my Entertainment center down stairs. The only way I can run the line is going down into my basement and try and run it up the walls two stories into my attic and then back down the wall where my Xbox is. The issue is that where the Coax runs inside the walls is stapled to the 2x4's in the wall so I can use one of them to pull the Cat 5 up. It would be very hard to run a new line though the wall as there is nothing to keep it in track for the small holes that are drilled. :(

I am running the newest FW 3.0.0.4.384_6436-g6d47c51

If there are a lot of other wifi neighbors, you may want to turn down the power output of the wifi on the GT as to limit the foot print and lesson the wifi interference's.

Try separation of the wifi SSIDs and see if this works for the xbox.

I get it. It's a hassle to run cabling after the fact. A fishing line and fishing tool helps. I had to do this however only in a short run from upstairs to downstairs.

I would run CAT6 or CAT6a for any in wall cabling. CAT5 is older and really doesn't support 1Gb speeds. If you could fish a cable line in between the upstairs and downstairs wall that are wall common on a side, you could place a nice looking wall port on each end and make it look nice. :D
Then run patch cable from the wall to the router and then the the xbox.

Well another suggestion would be to try power line adapters as a suggestion to review.

I bought the gt-ax11000 and the guest network was working fine for 2 weeks and now the guest network won't show up or is not broadcasting a signal. The 5ghz guest network is working fine with great signals but my clients that don't have devices for 5ghz and need the 2.4ghz, can't use it. When I try to delete the guest network nothing happens when you click it, but after refreshing the page it deletes the network. Normally it was an ease to delete. I have the latest firmware the router allows. My main ssid (non guest network) is working flawlessly and is under smart connect configuration.

Also, I have an ac3100 in a different part of the building that is connected as access point with ethernet with same configuration but different ssids. I run guest networks for clients from there as well and the 2.5ghz band for guest network are working flawlessly on the ac3100 using stock latest firmware. I didn't configure 5Ghz on the ac3100. Is my gt ax malfunctioning?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I forgot to mention and didn't notice at first but the lighting effect(Auro RGB) that used to be on static setting isn't turning on also. I changed to different affects and it doesn't turn on still. Turning off rgb and on doesn't help. Not that it matters to me much, I just need the router working.

WbD1Ku.jpg

WYb83A.jpg

Last edited:
Hey every one. I got this last week, got a dud (the 5g band wouldn’t show up for anyone). I have a replacement now and I set it up, it has the latest firmware.

I have two things I was hoping to get some input on. The first is a general set of optimal settings if anyone has any.

The second question is about AI mesh. I have two routers I can set up as AiMesh but can’t connect them with an Ethernet back haul. I set up one router so far as a mesh nose upstairs and the ax11000 is in my office. The problem is even things down in my office, 3 feet from the router log in to the AiMesh node upstairs rather than the router they’re practically sitting next to. Our previous router and the AiMesh setup we used never had this issue. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

also, one other question- is there a good way to setup AiMesh in terms of distance between AiMesh nodes? Previously I had it setup like a triangle (with three units) with the main router in my office downstairs, one in my wife’s office upstairs which is basically above my office and the other router/mesh unit in our bedroom on the other end of our house. It basically formed a triangle and seemed to work well but we constantly had drops with our equipment upstairs, that’s why we got the AX11000, with hopes we could fix this.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed on the GT router?

If this doesn't solve anything, make contact with ASUS support soon.

I bought the gt-ax11000 and the guest network was working fine for 2 weeks and now the guest network won't show up or is not broadcasting a signal. The 5ghz guest network is working fine with great signals but my clients that don't have devices for 5ghz and need the 2.4ghz, can't use it. When I try to delete the guest network nothing happens when you click it, but after refreshing the page it deletes the network. Normally it was an ease to delete. I have the latest firmware the router allows. My main ssid (non guest network) is working flawlessly and is under smart connect configuration.

Also, I have an ac3100 in a different part of the building that is connected as access point with ethernet with same configuration but different ssids. I run guest networks for clients from there as well and the 2.5ghz band for guest network are working flawlessly on the ac3100 using stock latest firmware. I didn't configure 5Ghz on the ac3100. Is my gt ax malfunctioning?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I forgot to mention and didn't notice at first but the lighting effect(Auro RGB) that used to be on static setting isn't turning on also. I changed to different affects and it doesn't turn on still. Turning off rgb and on doesn't help. Not that it matters to me much, I just need the router working.

WbD1Ku.jpg

WYb83A.jpg

Optimal seem already default after I setup my GT router. Works well as a router and wifi.
I'm currently using it for it AX wifi mode in wireless bridge mode.

Not sure if AiMESH supports wired backhaul in that context. I would ask ASUS support on if this is supported using ethernet. I know if you set up the extra routers as stand alone APs, this would work, just not in a mesh configuration. Most AiMESH configures the use of wireless backhaul in between.

General distance i've found for most wifi signals is that the distance should start at 30 feet or beyond, depending upon building materials, in between the host wifi AP and the next AP or extender. Any closer than the wifi over lap is too much and can cause problems.

Hey every one. I got this last week, got a dud (the 5g band wouldn’t show up for anyone). I have a replacement now and I set it up, it has the latest firmware.

I have two things I was hoping to get some input on. The first is a general set of optimal settings if anyone has any.

The second question is about AI mesh. I have two routers I can set up as AiMesh but can’t connect them with an Ethernet back haul. I set up one router so far as a mesh nose upstairs and the ax11000 is in my office. The problem is even things down in my office, 3 feet from the router log in to the AiMesh node upstairs rather than the router they’re practically sitting next to. Our previous router and the AiMesh setup we used never had this issue. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

also, one other question- is there a good way to setup AiMesh in terms of distance between AiMesh nodes? Previously I had it setup like a triangle (with three units) with the main router in my office downstairs, one in my wife’s office upstairs which is basically above my office and the other router/mesh unit in our bedroom on the other end of our house. It basically formed a triangle and seemed to work well but we constantly had drops with our equipment upstairs, that’s why we got the AX11000, with hopes we could fix this.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Why doesn’t mine say “Signature Version” after the update?
upload_2019-10-17_17-56-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-17_17-56-13.png
    upload_2019-10-17_17-56-13.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 301
Was curious what everyone’s current thoughts are on this router’s overall performance considering that the first post on this thread was almost 1 year ago and that there have been few FW releases since then.

Still worth keeping it? Would you recommend it to others?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was curious what everyone’s current thoughts are on this router’s overall performance considering that the first post on this thread was almost 1 year ago and that there have been few FW releases since then.

Still worth keeping it? Would you recommend it to others?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i have to admit since the last firmware my AX-11000 is running very stable. Performance has always been superiour since the beginning but stabitlity was not that great. But with latest firmware al is good now. Even VPN fusion is working now as it should be since latest firmware. Also AI-mesh is running stable now. For me this is the best router i ever had in terms of stability and performance. But ofcurse this can differs fromm user to user. Some people are using this router for something else or use other functions of this router wich i dont.
So overall for what i am using this router for this one is a beast and would not trade it for something else now.
Hopefully i helped you a bit.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!