What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

for me it shows:

Version 3.0.0.4.384.6208 2019/06/2169.47 MBytesASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.6208
New Feature
- Support WAN Aggregation under DHCP and PPPoE WAN connection type.
This feature combines two gigabit networks to increase bandwidth up to 2 gigabits. Please note that the modem connects to GT-AX11000 must support LACP-IEEE 802.3ad.

Bug fixed.
1. Optimized AiMesh backhaul connection.
2. System stability improvement.
3. Fixed IPv6 related bugs

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: fd3330ba4f2815406a154e9a736eb2bd

Last edited:
for me it shows:

Version 3.0.0.4.384.6208 2019/06/2169.47 MBytesASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.6208
New Feature
- Support WAN Aggregation under DHCP and PPPoE WAN connection type.
This feature combines two gigabit networks to increase bandwidth up to 2 gigabits. Please note that the modem connects to GT-AX11000 must support LACP-IEEE 802.3ad.
That version isn't showing for me yet either. Any chance you'll DL and share?

Edit: Actually, choosing the Driver & Tools tab, and then Windows 7 64-bit offers the latest version. Guess it hasn't fully populated all aspects of the support page yet.

Last edited:
I'm here refreshing that website and not seeing it... Contacted asus chat, they said they would send it to me in 48 hours. Good thing Grisu found it.
See my edit...

You are right! Amazing it's available for Windows 7 but not for Windows 10... Or even in the general firmware, where it should be!

Time to go and try it :D

It's just a quirk of their website management system. New firmware often appear first in just one Windows version, and a day or two later it appears in all other versions as well. Rest assured that they are all the same file, it's just a website issue.

Updated through Asus Router iOS app. Easiest way to update the firmware.

Attachments

• B18ED543-6933-4D01-B04C-4D5B7757E9DA.jpeg
    B18ED543-6933-4D01-B04C-4D5B7757E9DA.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 486
It's just a quirk of their website management system. New firmware often appear first in just one Windows version, and a day or two later it appears in all other versions as well. Rest assured that they are all the same file, it's just a website issue.

Thanks for letting me know, RMerlin.

And thanks for all the work you do, I admire it. Your firmwares saved me many times.

Any reports on stability? I've been holding off as current FW stable (knock on wood)

But Recently got 1Gbps internet ( had 400 burst before) And still can't seem to get higher than 350mbps on wifi -- hardline goes full speed.

So wondering if FW will help.

Have no QoS or anything else that should limit wifi speed-- changed channels for 20 -160 and same results.... kinda stumped

Folks - anyone know where the "DHCP Query Frequency" setting has disappeared on the WAN page since the new update?

Any reports on stability? I've been holding off as current FW stable (knock on wood)

But Recently got 1Gbps internet ( had 400 burst before) And still can't seem to get higher than 350mbps on wifi -- hardline goes full speed.

So wondering if FW will help.

Have no QoS or anything else that should limit wifi speed-- changed channels for 20 -160 and same results.... kinda stumped

Try DFS channels

OK not sure if I need to enable or disable something, but the WIFI on this router has been pretty spotty at best. My laptop keeps disconnecting on the 5 GHz band it can't seem to hold a connection stable. Router is in the bedroom and laptop in the kitchen. Is there a setting I should be using for the WIFI? I do not have QOS enabled at all.

EDIT: And yes it is 192.168.50.1 :) and yes my comcast speed is 1 Gbps down and 300 up

i had the same issue on mine, both tha wifi band 5ghz was on and off all the time. and coverage was bad. i think this router still is very unstable. so i had to return it. i bought a AX88u instead. and now my wifi is stable.

Hi,

How do I force the AX11000 to use manual DNS settings? ipocnfig /all on my Windows 10 desktop shows that the router's IP (192.168.50.1) is being used for DNS lookups. This after I changed the settings under WAN DNS Settings / Connect to DNS Server Automatically to "No" and entered in Cloudflare's IPs (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) in DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2. Is there another setting I should be looking at?

Also, I'm getting terrible wired speeds way below my 150 Mb connection and there is a noticeable lag in loading YouTube now and it typically takes up to 6 seconds before playback begins on a video. I've done a factory default reset and manually re-entered settings (no saved configs). I never had these problems with my Airport Extreme. If I switch back to the AE, YouTube loads immediately and video playback is instantaneous. Again, these issues are over a wired connection ... I haven't even started trying to wrangle the wireless yet.

How do I force the AX11000 to use manual DNS settings? ipocnfig /all on my Windows 10 desktop shows that the router's IP (192.168.50.1) is being used for DNS lookups. This after I changed the settings under WAN DNS Settings / Connect to DNS Server Automatically to "No" and entered in Cloudflare's IPs (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) in DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2. Is there another setting I should be looking at?

This is working as intended. That way, the router does the DNS lookups using the Cloudflare servers for all your clients, and caches the results, for improved performance.

How well does this router pair with the RT-AC5300 router in AiMesh? I just moved into a way larger place, 4,000sq ft+, and I am looking to do the AiMesh with the AX-11000 being my main and the RT-AC5300 being my secondary router. I'm going to try and run an Ethernet cable later on, but for now I need some type of mesh network to help my household out.

How well does this router pair with the RT-AC5300 router in AiMesh? I just moved into a way larger place, 4,000sq ft+, and I am looking to do the AiMesh with the AX-11000 being my main and the RT-AC5300 being my secondary router. I'm going to try and run an Ethernet cable later on, but for now I need some type of mesh network to help my household out.
it runs fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!