What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have used it and can confirm IPV6 is working. The mention of WAN aggregation in the Dual WAN menu is also now absent (as is the feature ).
Did you check to see if the moved it to the dhcp page?

Yeah it not there. For what its worth link aggregation works on the RT-AX88U but is missing from this higher end router.

The option can be found at:

LAN > Switch Control > Enable Bonding/ Link aggregation

UmSXpBR.png

Sorry I was referring to WAN aggregation being missing. It is present on the AX88U. It is broken on the AX6100.
I understand now. Yes, sadly, WAN Aggregation is not an available option on the AX11000 with Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.6156, nor was it available with Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.5979. I really hope it gets added in a future update.

While perusing the AX11000 Amazon reviews, it appears Asus customer reps are promising support for WPA3 in Q4 2019.

"Thanks for sharing your review and know your feedback is important to us. We’re constantly improving the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 and you’ll be pleased to know this router will support WPA3 in Q4 of 2019. If you have any technical questions or inquiries, please share your feedback through the ASUS Router APP or send us an email at amazon_support@asus.com. Your satisfaction is important to us and we’ll be sure to help provide you with any answers to your questions as quickly as we can."

ASUS Customer Loyalty –US Support

While perusing the AX11000 Amazon reviews, it appears Asus customer reps are promising support for WPA3 in Q4 2019.

"Thanks for sharing your review and know your feedback is important to us. We’re constantly improving the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 and you’ll be pleased to know this router will support WPA3 in Q4 of 2019. If you have any technical questions or inquiries, please share your feedback through the ASUS Router APP or send us an email at amazon_support@asus.com. Your satisfaction is important to us and we’ll be sure to help provide you with any answers to your questions as quickly as we can."

ASUS Customer Loyalty –US Support
Yea, you might get this if they can figure out how to stop breaking IPV6 and stop changing the lights behavior. #junior-devs-lighting-program
#save-asuswrt

lol very true!
so far, I love the GT-AX11000 as far as everything else goes. It would be nice if they were more consistent with branding - i.e. add some of these newer features to some of their lesser models, but that wouldn't be possible without overhauling everything and supplying more ram and processor power.

OK I got the AX router today. And for some reason I can't log into the router. I am typing the following http://192.168.1.1 yet it doesn't load. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: DUH! Never mind :)

Also do most people run with QOS enabled or do you leave it off? And why do you leave it on or off?

Last edited:
OK I got the AX router today. And for some reason I can't log into the router. I am typing the following http://192.168.1.1 yet it doesn't load. Am I missing something here?

Also do most people run with QOS enabled or do you leave it off? And why do you leave it on or off?
try router.asus.com it means your router is not using 192.168.1.1 as its pool of addresses, it might be using 192.168.50.1 or some weird pool. use router.asus.com and search around in the router for the LAN tab and find out what it is using as lan address.

For future readers, it was 192.168.50.1, correct? :)

What is your ISP speeds? If you're at 1Gbps up/down speeds QoS is not recommended. :)

OK not sure if I need to enable or disable something, but the WIFI on this router has been pretty spotty at best. My laptop keeps disconnecting on the 5 GHz band it can't seem to hold a connection stable. Router is in the bedroom and laptop in the kitchen. Is there a setting I should be using for the WIFI? I do not have QOS enabled at all.

EDIT: And yes it is 192.168.50.1 :) and yes my comcast speed is 1 Gbps down and 300 up

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!