What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone have recommended settings for 2.4GHz settings for better performance? 2.4GHz is fluctuating a lot at different times of the day. Have used static channel and the issue is not solved.

I have watched YouTube videos of people testing the range on this and it’s nothing like mine or on my old Ac5300. It looks like some people are getting further range in the 5ghz than I would on my 2.4. But it could be down to some small setting changes.

I am experiencing the exact same issue also AX11000 from december 2019. Random reboots after crash. But only the internet connection seems to break down.

In the beginning I was sure this had to do with my ISP, but it is very clear that this is either a security issue, the broadcom chipset that is deffective or some sort of buffer overrun - that creates a crash log.

I have tried factory resetting the router entirely many times, tried setting up Daily scheduled boost, but the random onprovoked reboots remain. Some times I am lucky and the router runs uninterrupted for 2 days, but then starts all over. Some days it reboots many times within a few hours. There is really no pattern to be found - and since I am unable to read the input of the diagnostics log..... (only able to read the normal log, but since buffer is not sufficient the syslog is deleted approx every hour and a half).

Latest I have had ASUS look into the issue for more than a month and a half now, and they are receiving daily diagnostics from my router - even had to installation a not certified beta firmware....

Issue remains, but ASUS does not really respond to my questions and further they refuse to answer my when I ask about the beta firmware - does it include a official ASUS back door.

If any of you or if the ASUS staff on this blog have a solution, please do let me know...

Currently on beta firmware: 9.0.0.4.384_9314-g9b63ca7
But still haven’t heard from ASUS on the result or analysing diagnostics logs from the router.

Have tried the IOT changed referred to in the article: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042475/

But so far I have to wait to see the result.

Now new firmware was release on August 6 2020.
Version 3.0.0.4.384.9566

Firmware does show to be more stable, but the longest uptime so far has been 7 days.
All gaming features, Wifi6, ip6 and more have been disabled.
Still have received no feedback from Asus apart from the beta and them asking for further logs and debugging info...
Also the repeating question "have you done a hard factory reset on the router" - yes I have, I have done that every time I upgrade the router.

Latest unprovoked reboot today..

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but you have turned off WiFi6 features in order gain stability on the AX11000!?

Exactly. Earlier with the AX features activated it showed to be highly unstable.
But with only AC activated I obtained better performance with the two 5ghz bands than with former router models.

Had ad 86U that burned out after just 3.5 months.

Anyone have recommended settings for 2.4GHz settings for better performance? 2.4GHz is fluctuating a lot at different times of the day. Have used static channel and the issue is not solved.
I set 2.4 GHz channel bandwidth to 40 MHz and enabled Bluetooth coexistance. I am seeing a lot better performance in 2.4 GHz and looks stable for a day. Will update if I see issues.

I am using the latest beta firmware.

Sorry for my delay...

Have you turned off Wi-Fi 6 for 2.4Ghz (I have no F clue why they even include it).
OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO = DISABLED
and
802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode = DISABLED (although mine is Enabled)

You can also maybe force 20Mhz - or 40Mhz channel width? At 20Mhz, you'll lose top-end speed but possibly gain stability.
(or the inverse - I think microwave ovens and other stuff operates on 20Mhz?)

Finally, I have the Bluetooth coexistence OFF.

Finally got 160MHz width on 5-GHz-2.

Needed full reset of both 11000 and 92, now have backhaul on full speed.

Hello, How have you done the full reset? I have an ax11000 in router mode and an ax92u as aimesh node but they connect at 80 MHz ...

Sorry for my delay...

Have you turned off Wi-Fi 6 for 2.4Ghz (I have no F clue why they even include it).
OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO = DISABLED
and
802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode = DISABLED (although mine is Enabled)

You can also maybe force 20Mhz - or 40Mhz channel width? At 20Mhz, you'll lose top-end speed but possibly gain stability.
(or the inverse - I think microwave ovens and other stuff operates on 20Mhz?)

Finally, I have the Bluetooth coexistence OFF.

@lindros2 thank you for this, I changed my settings to the same and have a lot more stable connection with my devices.

Gave this a shot again and the 5ghz band still seems to go like 10 feet and then dies. Any suggestions or should I just go through ASUS and get another router?

Hello, How have you done the full reset? I have an ax11000 in router mode and an ax92u as aimesh node but they connect at 80 MHz ...
try to turn open nat off and on again, i did have that problem before and i trace it back to i had a entry on the wan's portforwarding that has a different ip range, and i also had the same entry on the open nat port forwarding
before everytime i reboot the ax11000 same things happen everything is connected but no internet , so what i did was factory reset and started configuring everything and made sure not entries were wrong

I literally just tried (what I think is) every setting, and regardless of WiFi 6 or WiFi 5, the max speed I get on my iPhone 11 Pro Max is ~480Mbps down and ~380Mbps up. This is mostly on par with wired, since it's a repeater.
(the router auto-selected channel 100 - WiFi 6 band - after hovering around 157-161). I disabled the low band, which on my older AC5300 actually got better performance - but on par with the numbers I'm getting on the high band now.
It shouldn't be this hard... I guess that's why people buy the dummy-proof Eero, Google WiFi, and Ubiquiti/Amplifi stuff.

Got 2x AX11000s set up in a mesh, going to see how stable it is over the next two days and the speed. So far it feels like the speed isn’t as fast as my previous setup (My setup previous to this is a GT-AC5300 as a main and the RT-AC5300 as mesh.)... anyone else experienced this? Wondering if I should just get rid of the AX11000 and get another GT-AC5300 because in order to get it stable I turned off WiFi 6, which feels like defeating the reason to have these routers in the first place.

Got 2x AX11000s set up in a mesh, going to see how stable it is over the next two days and the speed. So far it feels like the speed isn’t as fast as my previous setup (My setup previous to this is a GT-AC5300 as a main and the RT-AC5300 as mesh.)... anyone else experienced this? Wondering if I should just get rid of the AX11000 and get another GT-AC5300 because in order to get it stable I turned off WiFi 6, which feels like defeating the reason to have these routers in the first place.
I 100% agree with you on speed/performance of the AC5300 vs. AX11000.
My "optimal" setup is RT (not GT)-AC5300 as main and AX11000 as slave repeater (not AiMesh node).
My only fear is the radio burning out on the AC5300 (I've had it three years), which will happen...

SIDE-NOTE - an RT-AC68U (further away from master) is stable at -50dBmV and 1053Mbps link rate, while my GT-AX11000 is flopping between -67 and -71 dBm, and 700-877.5Mbps.

I 100% agree with you on speed/performance of the AC5300 vs. AX11000.
My "optimal" setup is RT (not GT)-AC5300 as main and AX11000 as slave repeater (not AiMesh node).
My only fear is the radio burning out on the AC5300 (I've had it three years), which will happen...

SIDE-NOTE - an RT-AC68U (further away from master) is stable at -50dBmV and 1053Mbps link rate, while my GT-AX11000 is flopping between -67 and -71 dBm, and 700-877.5Mbps.
I could replicate that setup with the 5300 as the main and the ax11000 as the mesh unit. Have you found the speed and range is better with that setup?

I’m also curious about why you set up theAX11000 as a repeater rather than as an Aimesh node? I was under the impression the aimesh node was best but I hadn’t considered using it as a repeater. I just need coverage in my house.

Last edited:
I could replicate that setup with the 5300 as the main and the ax11000 as the mesh unit. Have you found the speed and range is better with that setup?
this has been optimal for me. I've literally tried it both ways - and mixed in AC68U - but the best performance is with 5300 as main.
I’m also curious about why you set up theAX11000 as a repeater rather than as an Aimesh node? I was under the impression the aimesh node was best but I hadn’t considered using it as a repeater. I just need coverage in my house.
I tried this. I really did. AIMESH was a mess - even beyond the lack of local control (you can kind of control it in the app - which I removed), the performance was poor and it kept disconnecting or acting weird.
I have wired devices (Win10 desktop, printer, Roku, MacBook Pro, etc.) plugged in, and repeater seems to be more stable.

But at the end of the day, raw performance + control of the WiFi channels was the reason.

Ok new odd issue for me. Just got an Android TV (TCL brand). Its connected to my router and Google Home. If I don't use the TV for about 3 days it loses internet access. The TV is set to network standby and according to TCL it should always keep a wifi connection in the background. But literally after 3 days of no use it loses Internet Connection. The odd thing is its not losing the IP address. The router shows it connected to the TV, but on the TV it says Wifi Connection with No Internet.

Any ideas?

I had this happen with an HP printer, but it could be unrelated.
1. Do you have "MAC and IP Address Binding" (did you basically assign it a static IP, or force the IP to be assigned)?
2. Most importantly, do you have Roaming Assistant turned OFF?
3. Have you tried different wireless channels (2.4Ghz vs. 5.4Ghz-low vs. 5.4Ghz-high)?

Finally, my TV's (Samsung) regularly disconnect from my router (I use an app/IP-based remote control). The newer (2017+) sets are better, since they're "always on" in some way.

Do the RT -AC5300 and AX11000 have the same CPU/RAM??? I thought the ax11000 was more powerful???

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!