What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 finally announced

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just want to make sure if I purchase this router today RMerlin will be ready by the time I receive it. That's all. ;)
I guess I'll have to talk to my buddy at UPS to ensure that your package gets lost in transit.

It was reviewed by Linus on the ShortCircuit Channel.

Asus added the Site Survey page from Merlin's build.

What is he so impressed with 69MB/s? Here, AC Wave 2 AP to 2-stream AC client:

Untitled_w2.png

NEW RELEASES announced:

Asus added the Site Survey page from Merlin's build.
It's the other way around. That feature is from Broadcom, and Asus only enables it on their ROG models. I simply also enabled it on non-ROG models when possible.

I don't know what it is, not following LTT. His laptop was showing under 70MB/s when he was walking around.
It's not specific to LTT, it's a cultural thing, not something I can explain on a family-friendly forums like SNBForums I'm afraid... :)

I hope we will be able to enable RFC4638 on it this time, I guess we will see it soon

I'm stuck with an RT-AX88U without the RFC4638

Will the Asus GT-AX6000 also get the Merlin firmware? I ask because I want to buy this router.

Last edited:
Will the Asus GT-AX6000 also get the Merlin firmware? I ask because I want to buy this router.

Whether or not the GT-AX6000 gets RMerlin firmware, the current Asus firmware for it (47629) is doing really well here, no problems. Provides fast, reliable wireless for my whole house, and simpler to configure than the Asus mesh that I used before it. A great successor to the RT-AX86U, and better and more consistent than the RT-AX89X that I had for a while.

Kind of an eyesore *smile*, but works exceptionally well.

Whether or not the GT-AX6000 gets RMerlin firmware, the current Asus firmware for it (47629) is doing really well here, no problems. Provides fast, reliable wireless for my whole house, and simpler to configure than the Asus mesh that I used before it. A great successor to the RT-AX86U, and better and more consistent than the RT-AX89X that I had for a while.

Kind of an eyesore *smile*, but works exceptionally well.
Good to know. I’m upgrading from my good ‘ole reliable for many years RT-AC68U with @john9527 Fork on it, to the GT-AX6000. Dong Ngo put a very nice review on the router and calls it the best Dual Band WiFi 6 router. It looks massive though and the antennas are a bit tricky to put on from what I read.
It’s being delivered tomorrow. I’m pretty excited about it. I think I’ll do a reset with @RMerlin firmware on the AC68U and use it as node in a wired mesh setup. What do you guys think? Will it work?
I can’t wait for a Merlín firmware for it.;)

Last edited:
Good to know. I’m upgrading from my good ‘ole reliable for many years RT-AC68U with @john9527 Fork on it, to the GT-AX6000. Dong Ngo put a very nice review on the router and calls it the best Dual Band WiFi 6 router. It looks massive though and the antennas are a bit tricky to put on from what I read.
It’s being delivered tomorrow. I’m pretty excited about it. I think I’ll do a reset with @RMerlin firmware on the AC68U and use it as node in a wired mesh setup. What do you guys think? Will it work?
I can’t wait for a Merlín firmware for it.;)

Nah, the antennas are a walk in the park, just take it easy when putting them on, no need to tighten them as tight as you can. They're also huge, but who's measuring *smile*.

As long as your mesh uses wired backhaul, a couple of 2-radio nodes should do just fine. Since you have ethernet cabling, you could also set up the AC68U in AP mode...that would be easier to manage for just that one node, and will work well.

I bought this thing with full knowledge that there may or may not be Merlin firmware for it. Like I said, even without Merlin firmware, and all that goes with it, it's a great router, best I've had.

Nah, the antennas are a walk in the park, just take it easy when putting them on, no need to tighten them as tight as you can. They're also huge, but who's measuring *smile*.

As long as your mesh uses wired backhaul, a couple of 2-radio nodes should do just fine. Since you have ethernet cabling, you could also set up the AC68U in AP mode...that would be easier to manage for just that one node, and will work well.

I bought this thing with full knowledge that there may or may not be Merlin firmware for it. Like I said, even without Merlin firmware, and all that goes with it, it's a great router, best I've had.
Just got it delivered. This router is MASSIVE, compared to anything else I’ve seen up close. It definitely dwarfs the AC68U :) The antennas are installed and hand tightened securely. What’s the best position for them? Vertical or the next notch down, that puts them in a bit of an angle? I’ll set it up later, because I don’t want to take the network down just yet.

Attachments

• 87EE9B39-BF74-4C46-8F2F-2F91465B330F.jpeg
    87EE9B39-BF74-4C46-8F2F-2F91465B330F.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 287
  • DA26CE0C-3570-4DFA-AEFE-0E3AC066F36F.jpeg
    DA26CE0C-3570-4DFA-AEFE-0E3AC066F36F.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 3E6455FF-590A-482C-974C-C13A637E53FC.jpeg
    3E6455FF-590A-482C-974C-C13A637E53FC.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 292

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!