What's new

Roku Netflix problem on Merlin Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xentrk, keep trying, you'll nail it:) Wonder how this gets done, streaming via music via Amazon on a tablet? Despite years of LPs and cassetttes, disks and drives full of music, have been hooked for two solid years on their selection over the same VPN. Hope to get time to see what little is visible. Cheers.

The night before last, I assigned Echo back to the VPN iface. Yesterday morning, it was not working. I fired up Wireshark and saw some entries for the Echo using the mDNS protocol. I wished I would have saved the pcap file though as previous and subsequent searches fail to find any packets on the WiFi network for the Echo. Here is a sample screen shot from a blog post that looks similar.

upload_2019-2-19_7-40-2.jpeg

A search of MDNS led me to the links:

https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/packages/avahi-package.html
https://www.lawrencesystems.com/pfsense-and-rules-for-iot-devices-with-mdns/

Avahi is a system which facilitates service discovery on a local network via the mDNS/DNS-SD protocol suite. This enables you to plug your laptop or computer into a network and instantly be able to view other people who you can chat with, find printers to print to or find files being shared. Compatible technology is found in Apple MacOS X (branded "Bonjour" and sometimes "Zeroconf").

Avahi is primarily targetted at Linux systems and ships by default in most distributions. It is not ported to Windows at this stage, but will run on many other BSD-like systems. The primary API is D-Bus and is required for usage of most of Avahi, however services can be published using an XML service definition placed in /etc/avahi/services.

Reassigning the Echo to the WAN iface gets it working again. Last night, I placed Echo back in the VPN iface. I also installed the package Avahi but did not enable it. As usual, the Echo was not working this morning. Wireshark does not show any packets. I enabled Avahi but the Echo failed to work. Once I assign the Echo to WAN it started working again. I reassigned the Echo to the VPN iface and will monitor to see what happens now that Avahi is enabled.

Both of my issues were solved when I changed the MTU and MRU to a value of 1440 which is found under the WAN menu.
I just tried to change the MTU and RTU setting to 1440 and it worked!! I wonder why that is! But anyway this worked for me!

Another thought, make sure IPv6 is disabled, check the system log for messages and update entware packages if you have entware installed e.g. opkg update.

On another forum, the solution was to disable parental controls the ISP had on the account .
On my RT AC-5300, I use IPv6 with Roku and Netflix without a hitch...FYI.

Hello , i think my problem is related , im trying to use netflix app on the vodafone iptv box , and it fails with erro code 2-5 , i have the latest firmware , and have the vodafone portugal profile that already gives the correct vlans , and so i have internet on the iptv box , and can do everything except the netflix app , i dont use vpn , and i tried like i read in this thread to put the MTU to 1440 , still no luck getting in the iptv vodafone box the error NW 2-5 , can someone please help me , what am i missing ?? i have a colegue of mine that reports exacly the same problem cant open netflix app ..... but if we connect the original vodafone router ... the app works !!!