What's new

Router Advice - SR203 vs ASUS RT86U (WiFi DISABLED)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IAmOrion

Occasional Visitor
Wasn't entirely sure under what category to put this! Anyways...

So, brand new build house, stupid setup, I've already covered some of this in a topic previously, but todays question is this:

I am with Sky as my ISP. I have the Sky SR203 (provided by Sky) and also an older ASUS RT-AC86U. WiFi is DISABLED for this question - Wireless will not be used on either of these devices and WiFi will remain disabled.
Out of the 2 I have, the SR203 or the RT-AC86U, which would most people recommend I use?

I have no need for anything too complex in terms of settings - both devices allow me manually assign IPs to devices and that's pretty much all I need. I've already setup the RT-AC86U to work with Sky, so that's a non-issue.
Both routers work so to speak, so I guess my question simply boils down to what do those in the know consider the better device that I should use of the 2 that are available to me

MTIA

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!