What's new

RT-68U Nightmares!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sharepointalex

New Around Here
Recently upgraded from a trusty N66U to an RT-68U - mainly for the AC wifi but also for the increased range.

Popped the latest Merlin firmware on as I usually do with my Asus routers, re applied my settings, port forwards etc. and all went well.

Now I am seeing WAN/LAN dropouts each time I start sabnzbd on my server - at exactly the point downloads start, the WAN seems to drop (router claims it's still connected). No clients can connect to the internet and even more strangely my servers IP address is seemingly blocked?? I can't ping it or RDP, it displays on the router UI and then disappears completely, sometimes coming back but then disappears.

It's almost as if the router blocks it due to the amount of bandwidth it's using?

I have a shared Plex server running and I don't have any problems here, it's just with sabnzbd and downloads.

I've checked and QOS is disabled as are the usual suspects.

I've just upgraded the version of sabnzbd I was running as i've just noticed it's now officially released.

I'm about to re-install the Merlin firmware, having reverted back to the stock Asus and it's no different and will try and a factory reset too.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

The RT-68U should be a ton better than my old N66U but at the moment it's not!!

Cheers

Recently upgraded from a trusty N66U to an RT-68U - mainly for the AC wifi but also for the increased range.

Popped the latest Merlin firmware on as I usually do with my Asus routers, re applied my settings, port forwards etc. and all went well.

Now I am seeing WAN/LAN dropouts each time I start sabnzbd on my server - at exactly the point downloads start, the WAN seems to drop (router claims it's still connected). No clients can connect to the internet and even more strangely my servers IP address is seemingly blocked?? I can't ping it or RDP, it displays on the router UI and then disappears completely, sometimes coming back but then disappears.

It's almost as if the router blocks it due to the amount of bandwidth it's using?

I have a shared Plex server running and I don't have any problems here, it's just with sabnzbd and downloads.

I've checked and QOS is disabled as are the usual suspects.

I've just upgraded the version of sabnzbd I was running as i've just noticed it's now officially released.

I'm about to re-install the Merlin firmware, having reverted back to the stock Asus and it's no different and will try and a factory reset too.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

The RT-68U should be a ton better than my old N66U but at the moment it's not!!

Cheers

Have you tried the OEM firmware?

When you say you 're-applied the settings', do you mean you did so manually? Or did you use a backup config file to do so?

After installing RMerlin firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Make sure you do the above to get your router and network into a good/known state before you try trouble shooting random glitches that is most likely not the firmware's fault.

That links says to
  • IPv6: Disabled.
My question is why, since IPv6 is the direction things are going. I thought users are encouraged to use this protocol.

The idea is to see it work (at all). Then one can change and test if the changes are stable, or not. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!