What's new

RT-68U: System Time is incorrect. Cant sync to NTP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ousilly1

New Around Here
Hoping someone can please help or EIL5.

I promised, I have searched this forum and have tried a few of the steps provided, but nothing has worked so far.

I currently have 3 RT-AC68U routers, I will refer to them as router A, B, & C.

ROUTER A: is my primary router. It's WAN port is connected to my cable modem.

ROUTER B & C: are "secondary" routers. Router B & C DHCP server/distribution has been disabled. Both B & C are connected to Router A from LAN port to LAN port. Both router B & C's system time is off. It has issues w/ syncing to NTP server. They both show the message: "Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server."

I can't imagine I am the only one with this issue... can someone please help me? I attempted to manually change the system time and I can't even do that. Again, I sincerely apologize if this topic has been covered before, but I just cannot find the exact process on how to do this. PLEASE HELP!!

ROUTER B & C: are "secondary" routers. Router B & C DHCP server/distribution has been disabled. Both B & C are connected to Router A from LAN port to LAN port. Both router B & C's system time is off. It has issues w/ syncing to NTP server. They both show the message: "Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server."

Run B & C in AP mode. Connect B & C WAN to A LAN. Your NTP will start working on B & C.

You can run wired AiMesh. Same results. Asus calls it user friendly. I would do it with 3 RT-AC68U wired.

Run B & C in AP mode. Connect B & C WAN to A LAN. Your NTP will start working on B & C.

You can run wired AiMesh. Same results. Asus calls it user friendly. I would do it with 3 RT-AC68U wired.

Thanks for the prompt response. I have run all three in AiMesh setup but I was having non stop issues with connection. From what I can tell, my devices kept dropping connection and trying to connect to another router.

With my current setup, connection seems a lot more stable and I am still able to have 1 SSID and password for all 3 routers but w/ the syncing issues, I cannot do a scheduled reboot.

QUESTION: If I turn B & C into AP mode and connect it from LAN (A) to the WAN ports on B & C, do I need to change anything else besides changing B &C to AP mode?

QUESTION: If I turn B & C into AP mode and connect it from LAN (A) to the WAN ports on B & C, do I need to change anything else besides changing B &C to AP mode?

I would reset B & C and configure them as AP with static IP through the wizard. Nothing else. Your wireless settings of course. Asus stock firmware. Merlin features not needed on AP.

Thanks for the prompt response. I have run all three in AiMesh setup but I was having non stop issues with connection. From what I can tell, my devices kept dropping connection and trying to connect to another router.

With my current setup, connection seems a lot more stable and I am still able to have 1 SSID and password for all 3 routers but w/ the syncing issues, I cannot do a scheduled reboot.

Since the 68Us do not support Smart Connect, I wonder if trying to use same SSIDs was causing your connection issues.

OE

Since the 68Us do not support Smart Connect, I wonder if trying to use same SSIDs was causing your connection issues.

Same SSID per band is OK. I would avoid same SSID on both bands.

Thanks again for help. I was able to change to my routers B & C to AP mode and everything seems to be working fine. Time is synced connection seems stable. Also, looking at the settings for router A, found out the IP Address pool started at 192.168.1.5 and ended at 192.168.1.254.

Lastly, when I was using AiMesh, I did have different SSID for 2.4 & 5ghz. Not sure if it makes a difference, but my 68U routers are rebranded T-Mobile. Regardless, thanks again and stay safe.

Also, looking at the settings for router A, found out the IP Address pool started at 192.168.1.5 and ended at 192.168.1.254.

You can change address pool as you like. I would start from 10 to leave room for static IP devices below 10.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!