What's new

4G-ac68U earlier firmware download

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vigula

New Around Here
Hi all, new user here. I may have some good news for 4G-AC68U users.
Firstly, those looking to download earlier firmware will find examples on the Polish Asus website here
https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/4g-ac68u/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=4G-AC68U (just make sure to Expand All to see all the earlier versions).

FYI, I'm presently based in Poland and had my router lost it's Traffic Analyzer capabilities after I updated the firmware in 2020 in line with Asus instructions. Asus Poland said they would work on it and sent me the following instructions two years later which I have only just recently discovered.

"Dear ASUS customer,
Please kindly follow the instructions attached:
1710934758043.png

Please log in to the router via telnet, e.g. PuTTY program. Then please enter the commands from the screenshot. If at the end you get the information [set time to xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx] - the NTP server should work properly.
1. Please log in to the router via telnet, e.g. PuTTY program. Then please enter the commands from the screenshot.
If at the end you get the information [set time to xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx] - the NTP server should work properly.

2. If you cannot obtain this information, please change the NTP server to one of the following:

3. Then log in again via e.g. PuTTY and enter the following commands to reset the NTP server:

killall ntp
ntp &
nvram show|grep ntp_ready

If at the end you receive the information [ntp_ready is 1] - everything should work correctly.
Best Regards,"

Now, I'm no computer geek so I'm still to decide what the best course of action is and it seems on this website I might discover how to flash the router with old firmware and get back all its functions. So haven't tested the above in case anyone's wondering.
Hope this helps someone and I'll advise if have any success either way re my own little Asus problem.

Carry on, as they say,
V

Actually, I see its Asus US that has this stuff on its support page, though I was linked to it via the Poland site