What's new

RT-86U slow DHCP resolution? *RESOLVED*

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Found the solution in a Microsoft Forum. The Windows service "TeamViewer_Service.exe" caused the delay. Disabling it works.

Thank you for help

Found the solution in a Microsoft Forum. The Windows service "TeamViewer_Service.exe" caused the delay. Disabling it works.

Thank you for help

That is not a Windows service, btw.

Glad it solves your issue though.

Well it is a "Windows" service (a service that's running on Windows), perhaps you mean it's not a "Microsoft" service. ;)

You are more correct than I, but a 'Windows' service and a 'Microsoft' service are equivalent to me, when I am assuming 'native' service, or not. :)

Try turning of spanning tree protocol see if that helps.

Turned off spanning tree protocol and re-enabled "TeamViewer_Service.exe".
The delay occurred again.
But it is possible to use TeamViewer without the service. Thus no problem.

You might also try setting up this PC with a static IP address (outside the DHCP range), rather than relying on (and waiting for) the DHCP "handshake" to happen when resuming from sleep. I have dealt with this problem before as well, and I think I may have had to tinker with the ethernet adapter properties to prevent it from fully shutting off when sleeping (ie- allow resume on magic packet should be "on").

From the current point of view the delay is an issue of TeamViewer introduced by an update a few weeks ago. It should be up to the makers of TeamViewer to fix this (gave them already feedback). I use TeamViewer rather rarely, it works without the service, therefore no more problems to be solved.

Finally I am thankful for so many helping hands.