What's new

RT-AC1900P/Plex/ChromeCast Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PoppinJ

Occasional Visitor
Im at my wits end and am going to have to get rid of the router if I cant figure this out. Whenever I attempt to stream plex to a chrome cast, it works for a while then pops up an unable to cast error and is instantly disconnected. The disconnect can happen at any time, and happens at different intervals, and thats whats making it so hard to track down. Ive narrowed to problem down to wifi, both 2.4 and 5ghz bands. I have not noticed any other wifi related problems, just with plex and chromecast.
Ive tried multiple different computers running plex, multiple different chromecasts, including chromecast ultra, and chromecasts that are hard wired to ethernet. I dont have the problem when on ethernet, only on wifi. This problem began to manifest when I went from a RTn66U to the RT-AC1900P. Currently running the latest version of AsusWrt Merlin. Anybody got any advice on where to start to try and figure this out?

Have you checked the Plex product forums? Lots of people having issues with the Chromecast playback depending on the firmware revision. I honestly don't think it's the router. I use Emby and also have some issues with Chromecast.

Sorry for the long delay in responce. It looks like it had to do with the Adaptive QoS. Im not sure if I had it set up incorrectly or if its just inherent with the way QoS is implemented and the way the chromecast constantly needs to re authenticate. Either way, disabling it made the issue disappear.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!