What's new

RT-AC3100 5Ghz Cannel0 and 2.4 Channel 161

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it my impression or you have tried to change the router original region / other settings?

If not then RMA is the only way.

Not sure how many different ways I can repeat it... Your 2.4 GHz failed to start, so your 5 Ghz radio ended up taking its place as the first wirelessi nterface. This has been seen before by other people, you need to have your router replaced. Configuration has nothing to do with it.

Did anyone get back from a RMA ? I see a really high risk to have this issue by comment of amazon.com.

I cannot believe I've bought this expensive of a router and I have this exact same issue, so frustrating , is ASUS not the Router to get ? Looks like I may have to pay to ship this in for fixing and wait 5-10 days. so ridiculous, someone please tell me the no headache router brand to buy, this is chewing up my !$#%!$% time....

I cannot believe I've bought this expensive of a router and I have this exact same issue, so frustrating , is ASUS not the Router to get ? Looks like I may have to pay to ship this in for fixing and wait 5-10 days. so ridiculous, someone please tell me the no headache router brand to buy, this is chewing up my !$#%!$% time....
Good luck

someone please tell me the no headache router brand to buy,

There's no such thing. Even multi-thousand dollar Cisco routers can have hardware failures. Look at this recent issue for instance where a certain model of Cisco router will completely fail between 18 and 36 months after deployment due to a hardware issue in the Intel CPU they use. A friend of mine who works for a large IT support company has one of his own customers with 2000 of these sitting in inventory, with a few hundreds currently deployed in production environments...

someone please tell me the no headache router brand to buy

agree with rmerlin , component failures are a fact of life , its built into the cost of the devices with an expected 20% failure rate not being abnormal , its why you have a warranty period as no manufacturer can and would provide a device that is 100% fail safe

There's no such thing. Even multi-thousand dollar Cisco routers can have hardware failures. Look at this recent issue for instance where a certain model of Cisco router will completely fail between 18 and 36 months after deployment due to a hardware issue in the Intel CPU they use. A friend of mine who works for a large IT support company has one of his own customers with 2000 of these sitting in inventory, with a few hundreds currently deployed in production environments...
I have a friend who work for Cisco in Ottawa, maybe your friend and my should know each other.

I have a friend who work for Cisco in Ottawa, maybe your friend and my should know each other.

My friend works for Bell, but those affected by this router are a customer of Bell, not Bell themselves. Not sure if he's directly involved with this case, he's a level 3 support.

Using pfsense and access point
My friend works for Bell, but those affected by this router are a customer of Bell, not Bell themselves. Not sure if he's directly involved with this case, he's a level 3 support.
We're big customer of Bell and Cisco, so glad our CCIE not seeing this conversation :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!