What's new

RT-AC3100 Available in UK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mathmos

Occasional Visitor
Just had FTTC installed and what a joy 78Mbs down 18Mbs up. However horrified to see my Netgear D6300 wifi is appalling, am only getting 6-7Mbs down on wifi connections so new router required.

Through this site came across the RT-AC88U and the RT-AC3100 - don't really need the 8 ports so the RT-AC3100 is the preferred choice but whilst the RT-AC88U is listed on the Asus UK web site, the RT-AC3100 is not. Does this mean Asus are not bringing the RT-AC3100 to the UK?

Thanks

Your guess is as good as anyone else. Even not offered officially, I'm sure you can find parallel imports online or your corner computer stores. Some people mentioned in US between the two models is only 20 USD difference. Then it's no brainer to go with AC88U.

Regardless ac3100 or ac88u, anyone knows when it might be available in the UK/Europe? I wrote to Asus ROG in Uk and they say that in the coming weeks so not sure if they release before Christmas?

Would make sense from business point of view.

The initial information I had received was that the RT-AC3100 would be exclusive to specific retailers such as Best Buy. Since Amazon seems to also carry it then I'm not sure what the current plans actually are. It seems that this model should also become available in Europe based on other information I've found, but beyond that I don't know anything more, sorry.

Considering there's only a 20$ difference between both, going straight for the RT-AC88U might make sense.

Thanks all for your response, appreciate them.

phil-riddle : Where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking? Won't you have power supply issues?

Hello,

Thats what I was thinking, will you not have power supply issues?

Thanks
Sam

I ordered one as well from eBay, US version. I am sure that a regular US->EU plug adapter will be enough?

The seller mentions this about power supply: "The US ASUS power supply is rated up to 240v with an output of 19V/1.2 amps".

Official asus website says:

AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz)
DC Output : 19 V with max. 2.37 A current

Last edited:
The AC adapter is worldwide universal 100-240V/50-60Hz 1.2A input. 19V 2.37A output. So yes, simply a plug adaptor will make it work for UK.

Here is the link posted earlier by one forum member which contains a few pictures
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac88u.27704/page-14#post-220407

below is the silk print on the AC adaptor

CF70C24FA21A5A336D3B059C8B23B37D.jpg

disclaimer: I've no associated business interest. Just that AC88U got me tremendously interested in it :)

I see someone also has the RT88U in Australia on eBay so may go for that instead (just keep in mind import duty for that).

I paid much less than that from the U.S.seller customs charges where paid before I got it for $340 all in

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Remember that AUD and not USD. Should come in around £270 including customs charges.

I had a look at your link he is selling the router at nearly £200 I paid £240 including custom charges and delivery

Did you not get the AC3100? keep in mind this is also the 88U (eight ports rather than 4).

I got the Rt Ac88u should be with me in a couple of days as has cleared customs

ah well I am not too bothered about the extra ££ right now, its a business purchase so I will claim the VAT back on it once it comes through customs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!