What's new

RT-AC3100 Available in UK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fare enough mate as long as your happy that's the main thing

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Would appreciate it if you both wouldn't mind, to feedback here once they arrive please. Would be interested to know if you got stung for any further charges.

Would appreciate it if you both wouldn't mind, to feedback here once they arrive please. Would be interested to know if you got stung for any further charges.

There will be customs charges for me as the seller is using their own carrier, I've already paid £47 to DHL for the customs charges.

will do once it arrives i cant wait

I received my 88u yesterday. Bought it from Amazon/USA but I think that was a mistake. It looks like it region locked in some way. In the Nordic region we have 5 GHz channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140 available. Now with the 88u I have only channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161. I don't know about the UK but check first to avoid problems.

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a fix to make the 88U region free with all channels available. The fix that have been posted on this forum for the 68U don't work on the 88U.

I received my 88u yesterday. Bought it from Amazon/USA but I think that was a mistake. It looks like it region locked in some way. In the Nordic region we have 5 GHz channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140 available. Now with the 88u I have only channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161. I don't know about the UK but check first to avoid problems.

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a fix to make the 88U region free with all channels available. The fix that have been posted on this forum for the 68U don't work on the 88U.

Have you tried going to ASUS support page to download the firmware from their support page for your country, incase its region specific? or tried Rerlins version?

Won't happen. The bootloader is now encrypted, to prevent such a thing.

Have you tried going to ASUS support page to download the firmware from their support page for your country, incase its region specific? or tried Rerlins version?

Region is hardcoded in the bootloader, and this new Broadcom generation how encrypts it.

Oh well can you not just use the other channels? I wonder if the one I bought from AUS will come with the EU boot loader since it apparently has an EU plug and UK plug in the box.

Will report once it comes. It cleared customs today.

got mine today but forgot to buy a adapter to convert us to uk ordered from amazon will be here tomorrow i love prime

Never thought of that Will have a look just know at Argos

Region is hardcoded in the bootloader, and this new Broadcom generation how encrypts it.

Damn it... Does it mean I was better off to wait for EU version of the router? Possible that European devices may not even see 5 ghz ssid?

I have an American version of ac88u incoming in a couple of days to Ireland...

We will find out later I am going go get a adaptor Will let you know

Damn it... Does it mean I was better off to wait for EU version of the router? Possible that European devices may not even see 5 ghz ssid?

I have an American version of ac88u incoming in a couple of days to Ireland...

You should never buy a wireless device (especially not a router) not sold within your own region. There's indeed a good chance that your clients won't be able to properly connect to it, in addition to your device potentially not being legal for use in your area.

You should never buy a wireless device (especially not a router) not sold within your own region. There's indeed a good chance that your clients won't be able to properly connect to it, in addition to your device potentially not being legal for use in your area.

Omg... Great... Thanks for the update, will definitely remember that in the future...

I know iPhone will work but the problem could be with android phones and tablets...

its alive got a adaptor can confirm every device is working as it should running merlin alpha build

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!