What's new

RT-AC3100 dual connection via Hitron CODA-4582U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Equinox

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I am currently using a Hitron CODA-4582U in a bridge mode. Since the modem has 4 Ethernet ports, each port can connect a network equipment. Can I use the AC3100 WAN port & LAN port 1 to connect the modem to setup a load balance connection environment?

I knew the connections do not backup each other, if one fail, both fail. My question is can I get any benefit from the setup?

Thanks

Last edited:
In bridge mode LAN ports will provide public IP address to your router.
Most ISPs will not offer more than one public IP, so even if you setup your router with WAN backup (or whatever is the name) highly unlikely you'll get an IP.
And even if you get one, you can't balance the traffic to 2 WAN links. And, anyway, you won't get any benefit other than a WAN cable redundancy.
IMHO it doesn't make any sense to look in that direction.

The CODA-4582U has decent specs. You could configure the RT-AC3100 as an access point to make more bandwidth available to clients if you have a lot of them. You'd want to make sure that the Wi-Fi channels overlap as little as possible.

The CODA-4582U has decent specs. You could configure the RT-AC3100 as an access point to make more bandwidth available to clients if you have a lot of them. You'd want to make sure that the Wi-Fi channels overlap as little as possible.

Security is my priority. That's why I am using AC3100 as my main router because of the AiProtection. CODA-4582U has very limited security feature.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!