What's new

RT-AC3100 Merlin 380.66.6 how to adjust TX power?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus only enable that option for certain models/regions. I don't know the exact list.

And it doesn't seem to do anything on RT-AC86U. Between Power Save and Performance settings there is no difference in signal levels in Wireless Log. There is no difference in 2.4GHz/5GHz radios temperature either.

And it doesn't seem to do anything on RT-AC86U. Between Power Save and Performance settings there is no difference in signal levels in Wireless Log. There is no difference in 2.4GHz/5GHz radios temperature either.
Unless something has changed with the Wireless Log recently I don't believe it shows the TX power level. (RSSI is the strength of the signal received from a particular client)

Apologies for resurrecting and old thread but this is the one Google came up with.

What about the ability to reduce transmit power? I'm interested in balancing the 'overlap' between multiple access points and I'd prefer not to have my AC86U commandeering all of the wifi clients. Something like Ubiquiti has implemented in their Unifi AP's where it's adjustable - up to the allowable transmit level.
Settings for tx-power has been reduced more and more since 68U was introduced in 2013.
At the beginning it has been changeable in mW (or %) and full power possible, later in 5 steps with limited max. power (due to FCC), now those settings even missing on 86U and newer, on older may be there without any function at all.

Unless something has changed with the Wireless Log recently I don't believe it shows the TX power level. (RSSI is the strength of the signal received from a particular client)

Acrylic Wi-Fi on one of the furthest clients also shows no difference in network signal strength on any of the 5 offered settings for TX power.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!