What's new

RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

then just release the 8 lan ports with a reasonable price

Not everyone needs 8 ports...

Gut tells me though - the RT-AC3100 is going to be the one to get out of the 3 new devices - RT-AC5300/RT-AC88/RT-AC3100 - it's the simple one, and it has all the go-fast stuff the others have - so likely the best bang/buck ratio...

Not everyone needs 8 ports...

Gut tells me though - the RT-AC3100 is going to be the one to get out of the 3 new devices - RT-AC5300/RT-AC88/RT-AC3100 - it's the simple one, and it has all the go-fast stuff the others have - so likely the best bang/buck ratio...

Exactly you get the same fast processor and extra ram (over last years model) and all of the nice Asus features. But you don't have to worry about tri band or an extra switch causing problems.

Now if Amazon and or newegg would post them up, so I can order one. It would be nice if it was below $250 but I doubt that is going to happen.

Exactly you get the same fast processor and extra ram (over last years model) and all of the nice Asus features. But you don't have to worry about tri band or an extra switch causing problems.

Now if Amazon and or newegg would post them up, so I can order one. It would be nice if it was below $250 but I doubt that is going to happen.

BB lists them at 279$ and 299$ respectively. So it's a 20$ difference for the extra 4 ports.

BB lists them at 279$ and 299$ respectively. So it's a 20$ difference for the extra 4 ports.

Whoops, ya I just looked at the picture again your right. I tend to buy off amazon. I'm just waiting for it to show up.

Last edited:

That's a fair deal when looking at the four extra ports - any news if those 4 ports hanging off the Realtek switch chip have some management capabilities exposed (the switch chip does support L3 functions)?

That's a fair deal when looking at the four extra ports - any news if those 4 ports hanging off the Realtek switch chip have some management capabilities exposed (the switch chip does support L3 functions)?

Nothing on the webui, it's all I can say.

Just got it hooked up! So far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_3177.JPG
    IMG_3177.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 574
So just let us hope for the MU-MIMO firmware feature will be available by the end of 2015 and NOT as the other ones.
What difference does it make? There are no MU devices.

Why do you guys jump on these new routers so quickly? What do you hope to gain?

As long as you understand you are dealing with unfinished products, than have at it. The manufacturers love folks like you willing to pay top $ to be their guinea pigs.

We are all guinea pigs with everything we buy today. I have my expectations limited with the new routers, but I only use a handful of features.

The last product that I bought that worked exactly as marketed was a hammer. While that is obviously facetious, it represents a single purposed item that is intended for one thing and one thing only.

I don't need to go into a dissertation as an old electronics guy on his porch complaining, (with a house full of smart gadgets as a hypocrite) but we have created exactly what we have asked for, and have been marketing ourselves towards.

Excuse me now while I watch this next "really attractive, cool happy people, smiling, laughing and dancing around with the next best thing" commercial that my grand kids can't keep their eyes off of.

As long as you understand you are dealing with unfinished products, than have at it. The manufacturers love folks like you willing to pay top $ to be their guinea pigs.

I understand where you're coming from but in this day and age you take this gamble with just about any newly released device you buy. Really you need to think about the manufacturers track record in how they support their products which Asus has been pretty good at with their routers. I think the Quantenna devices are a great example at showing how a manufacturer deals with a troubled device.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!