What's new

RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks i was hoping the CPU would be less. The radios look great. :cool:
Could you check and see if your parental controls are working? Click the sex check box and let me know if it does block. It is not working on merlins new .57 preview.

Could you check and see if your parental controls are working? Click the sex check box and let me know if it does block. It is not working on merlins new .57 preview.
I can't check myself at the moment. But I'm pretty sure Merlin is running on a AC88U, and we're using the AC3100. Other then the 4 extra lan ports they're supposed to be the same. However this alpha build for the AC3100 seems to have a couple bugs, as I can't even set the wireless channel's for both bands.

I can't check myself at the moment. But I'm pretty sure Merlin is running on a AC88U, and we're using the AC3100. Other then the 4 extra lan ports they're supposed to be the same. However this alpha build for the AC3100 seems to have a couple bugs, as I can't even set the wireless channel's for both bands.
I ended up switching to Open DNS for now to filter my kids tablets.

I had to go back to the latest official Asus build for now. As Merlin's alpha2 build just a bit to buggy for me to run now. Applying wireless settings on the general tab is just broken currently. I tried everything from multiple browsers, to factory resets. Either way, I wasn't expecting Merlin to even have a build ready at this point. Anyways this isn't a complaint by any means, more of an update.

I had to go back to the latest official Asus build for now. As Merlin's alpha2 build just a bit to buggy for me to run now. Applying wireless settings on the general tab is just broken currently. I tried everything from multiple browsers, to factory resets. Either way, I wasn't expecting Merlin to even have a build ready at this point. Anyways this isn't a complaint by any means, more of an update.
I think I am just going to wait a while for a stable build from merlin

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and would appreciate some help with my new router rt3100. I got router on Friday and I hope I did correctly setup for use. Router is located at first floor and about 6ft height from the floor. There is full clearance between router and my laptop in family room with distance about 35ft to 40ft. Assuming that should be excellent signal but not really, once I put my laptop to the table or floor signal dropped instantly to two bars. This should not happen with expensive router like this one. Main reason I pay this much to have excellent signal like I had before with my 7 years old linksys router. Never had bed signal until now and there is no wall between laptop and router. Any advice would be welcome. Also looks like my laptop see only 2.4 not 5G.

Another question would be; do I need do some specific things to connect following devices. Keep in mind this is single family home only first floor no second floor. We have one laptop most of the time streaming live video, 3 iphone, one Android phone, 2 ipads and Playstation.

What would be best setting and recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not sure why it would be so low but it might have something to do with Asus capping there routers at 80mw of total output.

I was wondering if there something I can change in settings?

I was wondering if there something I can change in settings?

The only thing i can think of and this only apply's to the 5 Ghz band is using the higher channels they put out much more power then the low ones.

The only thing i can think of and this only apply's to the 5 Ghz band is using the higher channels they put out much more power then the low ones.
O don't think I can use 5Ghz with laptop since I can't find it only 2.4

O don't think I can use 5Ghz with laptop since I can't find it only 2.4

Yeah maybe try and move the router to a better location. I have read threads about some people moving there routers and made a huge difference in range. RF signals can be strange what works for one might not work for another. To many variables..

Asuswrt-Merlin preview release for the RT-AC3100 has been updated, which should resolve its webui-related issues.

How does the 5GHz on this device compare to that of the AC68U, does it blast it out of the water or not given the inherent limitations of this wavelength?

Asuswrt-Merlin preview release for the RT-AC3100 has been updated, which should resolve its webui-related issues.

I just flashed your new alpha3 build a little bit ago, so far, so good. However I noticed this error popping up in my log, and I remember this problem back when I was using my N66U as my main router. Now my N66U is connected to this router working as a repeater. I know with your firmware STP is enabled by default. I guess I'm SOL with this problem for now, or do you know of any fix for this problem Merlin?

kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!