What's new

RT-AC5300 2.4Ghz wifi not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

proditaki

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Suddenly my 2.4Ghz Wifi isnt broadcasted anymore and i can't connect to it.
It is enabled but it doesnt show up on my devicies. ( I have one wireless device at home that only works on 2.4GHz ).
some more info: I pretty much flashed Merlin the day i got the router. Then it froze up after a few days and i think 2.4GHz stopped working properly when i power cycled it after that.

(don't minde the SSID , i was pretty annoyed at this point)
m7KEDvb.png

I tried several things.
- Factory reset
- Revert to original Asus FW (and then back to merlin)

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The router shows it as working, check if it's not a problem from the client.

Yes, it shows it as working :)
But i can't connect to it.
I tried a phone, a Raspberry pi and 2 different laptops... i'm at a loss

So the clients see the network showing up, but can't connect, is that it? What exactly happens when you try to connect to it? Are you using a the wireless network open or secure?

What I can se from your pics is that you have a lot of noise -77 dBm approx 15dB over noise floor.
That is probably your problem.

No, the clients don't even see the network show up at all.
I've checked the settings several times.

Last edited:
I moved the router around the house but no dice.
I checked with Wifi Analyzer, but i don't see the 2.4Ghz Network showing up at all.

edit: im pretty sure its a hardware error. Since the router is only 10 days old im going to return it for a new one.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue with my AC 5300 router, after 10 months: the 2.4 Ghz band suddenly doesn't work. I tried a factory reset, I tried to enable guest network on 2.4 GHz with no password, it's just doesn't work.

Any advice is welcome :)

Mine ended up being a defect. I sent it in and got a replacment from the store i ordered it from.
You could check your SNR as that was the indication mine was defect. (see my screenshots)

I don't understand the difference between the two screenshots. SNR is 0 in both of them.

L.E.

I can see my 2.4 network, but I just cannot connect to it, even if the password is good. I even tried to disable security, still I can't connect to it with any device. I change the network SSID, I restart the services, I see the new SSID, still no connection on it.

Can this be hardware too?

I don't understand the difference between the two screenshots. SNR is 0 in both of them.

L.E.

I can see my 2.4 network, but I just cannot connect to it, even if the password is good. I even tried to disable security, still I can't connect to it with any device. I change the network SSID, I restart the services, I see the new SSID, still no connection on it.

Can this be hardware too?
Sorry i mean Noise level.
Doesnt sound like the same problem though. In my case the ssid didnt show up at all for the 2.4 GHz network

I still have warranty for it, probably this is what I will do, but two weeks without a router at home, it will be really bad.

The router was finally replaced, now I'm just configure it. It has the same HW version as the old one, but I like the fact that the antennas are more stable now and they are not falling off anymore.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!