What's new

RT-AC5300 & 5 GHz-2 Failure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Homith

New Around Here
Good Evening Everyone,
I have picked up second hand a Chinese import RT-AC5300. I did not understand the problems I would be faced with when getting this. Apart from strange Chinese menu items, even when changing to English, it now seems like my 5 GHz-2 band is totally non functional. Tried on both stock firmware and Merlin with the same results;

I do not even have a MAC address showing on the 5 GHz-2 band (within Network Map / System Status / System). I have made my region set to Australia (my country) and tried shutting down 5 GHz-1 and changing 5 GHz-2 to 20, 40 , 80 & 20/40/80 MHz channel bandwidth with no success at all.

Within the channel selection menu for the 5 GHz-2 band option I do not get any change to manually select anything as shown;

However for the 5 GHz-1 band I have the following channels to select from;

Here are the Professional setting for both the 5 GHz-1 & 5 GHz-2 bands in case I have missed anything;

Just wanted to reach out to you all to see if anyone knows of a trick or method to 'jump start' the 5 GHz-2 band back into life. I have performed countless resets including trying different firmware revisions with nil success.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!